OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The project blog can be found here:

Gokusaishiki Blog

Good news everyone!
We're done with the final TMGS2 patch! All script files are translated!
wub.gif

These people go on the top of the list because if it weren't for them, this would have never been translated:

? The fans of the game!

? The supporters!

These people deserve the greatest amount of thanks for keeping the translation from crashing and burning.

? Inori

? Costello

? Martin

? Zydaline

Go here for the patch:
TMGS2 V6 patch
NOTE: V6 is completely optional. You don't need it unless you're going for Hariya and mind the choice glitch. This patch fixes that.
TMGS2 V5 patch
You can look up a list of Japanese names that work with the EVS (the system that makes it possible for the guys to say your name) in the TMGS series here.

Release Notes

V6 - Fixes Hariya choice glitch at the castle.
V5 - Translated as many tutorial graphics as I could that wouldn’t glitch (Sports Festival, Valentine’s Day, and Pillow Fight).
V4 - Nishimoto ending freeze fixed in final patch.
V3 - Hikami date freeze fixed in final patch.
V2 - Final patch.

If you experience a game freeze please provide a save and mention what emulator oe flashcart you're using for the game. Please also mention the patch you're using (V2, V3, V4, V5, or V6), as well as your Japanese and English roms' file sizes.

A – First Meeting
B – The entire dating choices/locations/dating material
C – Accidental Kiss
D – CGs and Events
E – After Shopping(I think, Inori would have to fix this if it’s wrong)
F – School events/ After school/Cafe
G - Girl Rivalries
H - Club Activities
I - Jobs
J – Telephone(Calling for a date)
K - Birthdays
L - Valentine's Day
M - Getting Sick
N – Exams
O – Sports Festival
P – Culture Festival
Q - Field Trip
R - Christmas
S - New Year's
T - Endings
U – Presents from Girls
X – Comments After Activities
Z- Miscellaneous Conversations
All graphics except for:
The name entry under the kanji, hiragana and katakana tabs. We're really sorry about this, but when we attempted to change this, it affected the rest of the in-game text.

The tutorial graphics for Valentine's Day, the Pillow Fight on the school trip and for the activities during the Sports Festival. It glitched on me when I tried. Only a few of them aren't translated. The ones that glitched.

The rooms for the input screens, because we could not locate this part of the game and;
The title of the 4-week fortune page is in Japanese, as changing it caused glitches.

Tokimeki_49_27095.png
Tokimeki2_17_17343.png

Tokimeki_options.png

Tokimeki_title.png

New Screenshots
Test_12_24562.png
Test_52_32138.png

Test_57_30391.png
Test_52_27044.png

Test_30_26776.png

Test_21_25963.png

Test_19_30855.png
Test_06_23955.png

Test_35_24116.png
Test_49_24162.png

Input.png

Shiba fans!
GS2_15_19429.png
GS2_11_17261.png

Onoda and Mr. Never Shut Up
GS2_48_15226.png
GS2_06_17832.png

Calendar.png

I hope you all enjoy it once we're done!
Time to get back to work
happy.gif

If you're going to thank us, be sure to thank these people, too!

Inori -Thank you for being an amazing translator (That's right, I said thank you!
tongue.gif
)
We'd like to thank the following people for making the release of Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side: 2nd Kiss possible. Without their help, we would have never been able to pull this off.

First and foremost, the biggest thanks goes out to all the staff a Konami for making such a wonderful game and recognizing the fact that girls do play games. The best way for everyone to show their thanks would be to support Konami and buy the game if you enjoyed it.

Next, we'd like to thank the following people who tested the game for us. In no particular order, they are (as by their Gokusaishiki forum alias):
? jjjewel
? Zydaline
? A very sexy woman who wishes to be anonymous, thanks for your help!
? SakuraHime
? Carmentis
? Clarysage
? Galatea
? Hatsukoi
? Hikari_527
? Hikki-chan
? Insonnia97
? Jinx
? Judasai
? kelena93
? LA-Sugarkane
? miruki
? Mizuki-Chan
? Nette27
? nopantsu
? Pai-chan
? PhallicSquid
? Pyonkotchi
? renai
? rmblstwn
? Techne
? Tanpopo
? Thalia
? rizoey
? ushichan
? ioukta
? lillsweetty
? Amande
? Suji
? Mai
? meiin
? finalequinox
? Akita
? Walina
? Rafina
? kelena83
? 13wildroses
? Marynated
? Áine
? Jenna
? Aschaschi
? Bethany
? neonblue
? Mme.Aloria
? Yu-I

Graphic Editors:

? Zydaline

? Amande

? Jei

? Marynated

? Aschaschi

? Pyonkotchi

? Michael Jackson

? The aliens

? I dunno

? I dunno

The ones who helped us get this off the ground

? Final Equinox - Thank you for being so amazing and helping with the translating!

? Blebleman- Is there a more worthy guy to thank? Hahaha, thank you for your help every time I got stuck, your Japanese is amazing and when I needed to shorten lines
smile.gif

? ProtoKun7 - Thank you for helping me shorten the lines for the choices! Big help and keeps the game from acting up
happy.gif

? Veho- You wanted a challenge and you got it, right?
wink.gif

Thank you for helping me shorten the lines so the game doesn't crash!

? The Pi - Thank you too for helping me shorten the lines! Without you four, I'd be stuck and the game would be crashing X_X

? Zarcon - Thank you sooooooooooooooooo much for all of your help!

? FAST6191 - Thank you also for being very patient with me and answering the majority of my questions, I'm very grateful
happy.gif

? Noitora - Okay, so I decided to add you into the credits even though neither of us could decide who's choice it was XD
Thank you for helping me and making the necessary tools for me for both GS2 and GS3, I'm in your debt, you silly ra-- oops! XD

? DarthNemesis- Thank you for NFTR Editor, it makes things so much easier and I also want to thank you for looking into the GS3 script issue for me.

? jjjewel - You have most definitely put up with me XD
Thank you for everything, you're pretty good at rom hacking!

? BlueFlame90 - Thank you for also trying to help, it's good to know there are so many helpful people here
smile.gif

Without you, we wouldn't be able to fit more characters.

? Vulpes Abnocto- Thank you for being my bodyguard against trolls and impatient people
happy.gif

Reactions: jinny-jin

bason230

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, nice to know this was the project you were working on =D I don't know the hell how, but I was feeling like you were working on it 8D
Let me know if I could help in any way, awrite?

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bason230 said:
Hey, nice to know this was the project you were working on =D I don't know the hell how, but I was feeling like you were working on it 8D
Let me know if I could help in any way, awrite?

Thanks, I'll let you know when I'm beta testing
happy.gif

Actually lol I wasn't working on this until a few days ago when I found out I had to put Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side 3rd Story on hold, that one is the one I was working on, but this one is my current one and much easier.

bason230

Trophies
XP
Country
Aw, come on xD. At least I got the right series =P
It's been so long since I've been searching for another decent Visual novel on the DS, so, had you done this one or the 3rd, I didn't really care x)
Oh yeah, what do you mean by A and N scripts?

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bason230 said:
Aw, come on xD. At least I got the right series =P
It's been so long since I've been searching for another decent Visual novel on the DS, so, had you done this one or the 3rd, I didn't really care x)
Oh yeah, what do you mean by A and N scripts?

When you unpack a rom and go into the data/script/script folder, there are tooooons of files from A-Z, over 2,000 or more if I'm correct. I split them between Inori and I so it's easier on the both of us.

You made me reach my 800 post! haha, so much accomplishment today XD

lillsweetty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ooh. Lovely lovely! So the team working on GS2 & GS3 you referred to was you!

Since GS1 seems to be pretty far, might as well go in order and do GS2, then GS3.

You're such a goddess for doing this. People who put so much effort into this for very little recognition gets my total respect. If you need a dedicated grammar nazi as a beta tester, I'd be glad to help you out.

I'll be cheering you on!

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lillsweetty said:

Since GS1 seems to be pretty far, might as well go in order and do GS2, then GS3.

You're such a goddess for doing this. People who put so much effort into this for very little recognition gets my total respect. If you need a dedicated grammar nazi as a beta tester, I'd be glad to help you out.

I'll be cheering you on!

I'll definitely add you to the beta tester team when I'm ready, thank you
happy.gif

I'm doing this translation for all of you, not for myself, I can read Japanese, but others can't, no reason for me to be selfish, so I learned rom hacking.
Yeah, I plan on going in order, it'll also give me enough time to find someone to make a script inserter for me or learn how to make one myself.
Thank you!

@Danny
Don't make me hurt you dork -_-

And thank you
smile.gif

hoshinana

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
phoenixgoddess27 said:
lillsweetty said:

I'll be cheering you on!

I'll definitely add you to the beta tester team when I'm ready, thank you
happy.gif

I'm doing this translation for all of you, not for myself, I can read Japanese, but others can't, no reason for me to be selfish, so I learned rom hacking.
Yeah, I plan on going in order, it'll also give me enough time to find someone to make a script inserter for me or learn how to make one myself.
Thank you!

@Danny
Don't make me hurt you dork -_-

And thank you
smile.gif

I can't believe there are people like you who translate games/mangas/etc. for other's sake! It's taking so much time from you, you could spend that time playing other games > U <
If you ever need help, even though I don't think I can be much of a help, I'm here
biggrin.gif
~

jjjewel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha, I thought you would announce GS3 project. It was a surprise for me to see GS2 thread with your name. (I was like... What!!)

Anyway, let me know if you need help. I actually had some menu graphics for GS2 done a while ago. (I was thinking I'd keep it for myself or release the menu translation patch when I'm done with GS1 but if you haven't started graphic editing yet, you can use mine. Anyway, I'll have to find where I kept the files first. Some basic texts in GS2 are the same as GS1 so if you want, you can pick the translations from GS1 site.
biggrin.gif
)

Also, if you got a chance to discuss with other programmers, ask them if they could test decompress the Arm9.bin and compress it back to the ROM. That was my problem when I tried GS2 hacking a long time ago. (Haven't had time to do anything with it after that. Maybe the newer program could handle that already or it might be just some problems with my computer.)

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hoshinana said:
I can't believe there are people like you who translate games/mangas/etc. for other's sake! It's taking so much time from you, you could spend that time playing other games > U <
If you ever need help, even though I don't think I can be much of a help, I'm here
biggrin.gif
~

Thank you! It really gives me a lot of motivation and inspiration to hear things like this from tempers like you
happy.gif

This is why I'm doing this, cause not everyone's an impatient spoiled brat, there are actually appreciative people and that is what rom hackers/translators need to thrive on.
I was going to do it alone to keep people from bothering me or walking out on the translation and it never getting finished, so I took the project on my own until I met the people I mentioned under my credits
happy.gif

Be sure to thank them too!
I'll be sure to be appreciative right back!(proof reading and beta testing if you want)

QUOTE(jjjewel @ Jul 24 2010, 03:39 PM) Haha, I thought you would announce GS3 project. It was a surprise for me to see GS2 thread with your name. (I was like... What!!)

Anyway, let me know if you need help. I actually had some menu graphics for GS2 done a while ago. (I was thinking I'd keep it for myself or release the menu translation patch when I'm done with GS1 but if you haven't started graphic editing yet, you can use mine. Anyway, I'll have to find where I kept the files first. Some basic texts in GS2 are the same as GS1 so if you want, you can pick the translations from GS1 site.
biggrin.gif
)

Also, if you got a chance to discuss with other programmers, ask them if they could test decompress the Arm9.bin and compress it back to the ROM. That was my problem when I tried GS2 hacking a long time ago. (Haven't had time to do anything with it after that. Maybe the newer program could handle that already or it might be just some problems with my computer.)

I'll ask Noitora if he can do it when he sends me the tools
happy.gif

Haha, yeah, GS3 is on hold right now until I can get the script inserter, I'm actually going to try to manually insert the text while taking out the Voice_list.spp to lower the file size drastically so it can be easier played in the emulator to test for crashes.

Speaking of crashes, I need to sleep! I've announced both translations, but GS3 won't be official until I find a way to insert the text back into the game without it crashing.

It'd be great if you could send me what you have on GS2! Haha, actually, it's your technical section on your site that helped me speed this one up, I've already started inserting the text! manually for now though.
If you have anything to send me, I'll pm you my email, thank you again!

The file size for this one makes hacking it soooo much easier, the pointers are real easy to find as well, it's keeping everything under the text length that's the hard part, but so far, so good!
Thank you for helping Inori with the scripts!

Have a nice day
happy.gif

Inori

Trophies
Website
gokusaishiki.wordpress.com
XP
Country
YAY HAPPY THREAD ANNOUNCEMENT DAY
biggrin.gif

I`m going to have a lot fun with this as long as I get my Shiba-yan (Yeah, MY Shiba). It`s a shame that TMGS3 can`t be done, but there`s no use complaining about it if it just can`t be done.

Anyway, I`m wrapping up the GS1 translations so once I`m done with that, I`ll get to work on TMGS2. I`m super excited about it!

QUOTE said:
This will be my first translation, so don't troll me or ask me silly questions like, "When will the patch be ready?" or statements like, "Hurry up!"
It'll be done when it gets done.

Quoting for emphasis.

Coconut

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Naaaaaaaaaaaaaais
biggrin.gif
I like this sort of games
smile.gif
If I can read it
tongue.gif

Now I just have to find a way to let Tokimeki 1 work on my R4.

Hikki-chan

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When I saw this I totally gasmed! Thanks so much for doing this!
Take your timee! Hopefully it doesn't overwhelm you > m <

Like other people said, if you need help I'm here!
And like not just beta testing stuff, if you need help with grammar editing and small easy translations, I can help! 8DD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.