1. PhantomGhost

OP PhantomGhost Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Updated with my translation dumps for Ore ga Omae wo Mamoru and Vampire Knight DS, both of which have been sat untouched on my computer for months due to a lack of time.

At this moment, I can't say if/when I'll be able to pick them back up. (For anyone curious about my other projects, life willing, I WILL release a completed version of Gurren Lagann at some point! Regrettably, everything else remains uncertain.)

2. linkenski

linkenski GBAtemp Fan

Days of Memories. I don't know what the technical challenges of it are, but I figure either someone with japanese skills could do it or someone using OCR translation could do the basic translation, alongside a proper transcript so we can at least have a pass at an english version of those.

3. PhantomGhost

Newcomer

United Kingdom
    @linkenski Which Days of Memories game do you mean? On GBAtemp there are two separate (both unfinished) translation projects for 2 and 3, and nothing for the first game.

For DOM2, it appears takeya_yuki lost her script and subsequently all her progress. DOM3 was started by WataruKun, who is now banned, and although there was a rudimentary tool by azerty1, that has since been lost. (I've never been able to make contact with azerty1 despite several attempts). So, it seems that for either game work would have to begin from scratch. (Although I've only been able to do a limited amount of digging so do correct me if you know of anything else! ^^)

4. linkenski

linkenski GBAtemp Fan

Ideally all of them, but personally I would pick the second game first because thatst the one that had some of my favorite KOF characters represented. If I had the tools to start trandlating I could probbaly get a rough, slightly mistranslated but comprehensive first pass done in a couple of weeks. Just for one of the 3 available stories in the game.

5. PhantomGhost

Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Added Luminous Arc 3 to currently recruiting projects on request of the lead! Just how long that thread has been active for is proof their incredible motivation and determination to get it finished. Coming up to the new year always makes me think of unfinished projects. May 2020 be their year!

@linkenski Although I can't view takeya_yuki's profile to check, I have reason to believe she's still active on here so I've sent her a message today (10/12/19) asking for info about hacking/tools. ^_^

Raidou likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Translation, Unfinished, Projects