• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

U.S. Supreme Court set to overturn Roe v. Wade abortion rights decision

Rena_to84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Do any of this old white men care about babies/children in foster care like they care about what a young woman does with her body?
You are saying you prefer black babies dead (you know most of them are black, right?) rather than on foster care?

What about the baby though? You're concerned about everything except the baby.

We should be concerned about all of those things, and there is a position that takes them all into account and weights them accordingly.

In the case of rape, what if the rape victim is close to birth?

imo the burden of proof is on whoever is proposing that something be killed.

My city council won't even let me chop down a tree without getting their approval.
Fact is the regressive left has turned human sacrifice into a huge industry, the industry of child murder.

They don't care about rape, they relativize it, they turn everything into rape so that you can't even point the actual rapes anymore. They don't care at all if women are murdering their babies using fake "rape" as an excuse for infanticide.

Jane Fonda has said it: "The coronavirus is a blessing to the left".
Never forget.

seany1990

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do any of this old white men care about babies/children in foster care like they care about what a young woman does with her body?
They wouldn't care about Zygotes either if it wasn't a convenient fringe issue to distract rural Christians having their pockets picked by the elite class.

Rena_to84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
They wouldn't care about Zygotes either if it wasn't a convenient fringe issue to distract rural Christians having their pockets picked by the elite class.
White. Elite. Class.

Attachments

• E-2X-fdXsAgDq8L.jpg
    E-2X-fdXsAgDq8L.jpg
    660.2 KB · Views: 28

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This almost feels like an intentional smokescreen for something else going on because, really..THIS, in our current state of government, in 2022, THIS is somehow being considered a possibility. I just find it unbelievable to be honest. I thought we had evolved past this point but I guess not. Gotta love societal regression.

We should be concerned about all of those things, and there is a position that takes them all into account and weights them accordingly.

My city council won't even let me chop down a tree without getting their approval.
For one, its not a baby for a long ass while in development, and abortion typically happens long before it can be considered such. Hell a heartbeat isn't even in a stage of development until at least 5-6 weeks and that is if its healthy. It does not even develop brain matter even longer. Your argument about this inherently flawed. That said it did not stop those same people in the south to execute mentally impaired folk back in the day now did it? Also why the hell would a rape victim carry until close to birth? Most would never do this unless they are forced to which people looking at a forced pro-life perspective try their damnedest to discourage anyone from going through with it even trying to delay it enough so they could not get it properly taken care of in the time they need to. It all comes back to the pro-life dipshits that care so goddamn much about whats growing inside of a woman far more than the woman itself or what that life may be once after its born and the difficulties it will have living.

The way I see it, You want pro-life laws to go into effect? SURE! But you know what, once that baby is born its the responsibility, taxation and care forced on to the pro-life people that will have no choice but to take on that role, you want to preserve life? Its now your responsibility to take care of it until its an adult. Otherwise if that does not work with you then STAY THE FUCK OUT OF PEOPLE'S LIVES AND CHOICES.

Seriously, people who speak of pro-life are so out of touch with reality around them, either having been born with a silver spoon up their arse and/or completely discconected with the problems of the world around them just assuming people live in troubles because they make their own problems, it must be nice to live that high in the clouds.

Reactions: deinonychus71

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Fact is the regressive left has turned human sacrifice into a huge industry, the industry of child murder.

They don't care about rape, they relativize it, they turn everything into rape so that you can't even point the actual rapes anymore. They don't care at all if women are murdering their babies using fake "rape" as an excuse for infanticide.

Jane Fonda has said it: "The coronavirus is a blessing to the left".
Never forget.
So what field of medicine do you practice under?

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands

Okay, tell me about your first year:
  • What did you feel?
  • have you felt love?
  • have you felt hate?
  • have you felt pain?
  • can you remember the first time you hit your head to anything at al?
  • can you remember how it hurted?
Now i'm sure you don't remember anything of your first year, so how much do you think you remember beeing in your mothers womb? have you got any actual experiences built there?
So it isn't about the unborn child it's about the feeling of beeing a mother, father or uncle of this unborn child.
Okay we're getting there, soon but first things first, how sacret have you treated all the life surrounding you?
have you ever eaten an unborn apple? yes i mean te seed..
if yes, you monster! you brutal moster? you killed an innocent life!
have you ever eaten an egg?
Even if that egg was not fertile this means you've taken what could have lived. this for every egg layed is a chance for nature to expand.
Now for meat, flesh of an actual animal ever tasted it? it means you killed life.

Okay that unborn child... That's been so sacret... You never disapointed such a sacret living thing?
i mean if it's sacret as an unborn it must also be sacret as a baby, it must me sacret as a teenager, it must be sacret as an adult, it must be sacret as a senior.
You never yelled at one of those sacret creatures?
You never disapointed one of those sacret creatures?

back to that unborn being, for by now you should understand that if life is sacret that would and should apply to all the living and you can't be that perfect and still living, for there is nothing to feed you.
that unborn being can't be that special, that sacret anymore.

It's you, it's your ego that's what has this feeling of injust. It is your feelings that you feel so strongly about that you want others to obey. it's your religion that must be lived up to by all of your surrounding.

Now what does this tell about the child, still nothing.

What does this mean for you? It means you're an egoïst, a bully for you've got no respect for those with different feelings, with different religion.
you can't seem to see they're not living your life, they don't feel your religion in thier hart.
you're missing the most important thing teached in your religion: compassion to those around you.

Reactions: deinonychus71

Deleted member 559230

Trophies
XP

The left just wants to live reckless life styles. They want to have sex all of the time and not take responsibility for what they willingly create. They are lying and could care less if unborn life was sentient or not. They simply are irresponsible and blame their poor decision making on others and expect those others to provide for them. Sorry you pieces of shit, I'll be voting to make abortion illegal and that means no more sleeping around like sluts and if you don't stop and someone gets hurt trying to do an abortion at home then that's their illegal decision and not my fault. If you choose to break the law and get hurt then that's your fucking problem. I know democrats don't understand or care about personal responsibility, but I do.

Old. White. Men.

Yeah the party that claims they love everyone and everything and that hate is wrong hates old white men and yet they are allowing old white men to control them. Hypocritical doesn't even scratch the surface of what their delusions entail.

AleronIves

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry you pieces of shit, I'll be voting to make abortion illegal and that means no more sleeping around like sluts and if you don't stop and someone gets hurt trying to do an abortion at home then that's their illegal decision and not my fault.
Ah, finally you admit your true motivation. It's not about saving the unborn. It's about punishing women for daring to enjoy sex.

NoobletCheese

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@JaapDaniels @Dr_Faustus @JonhathonBaxster

I think it's worth noting that both sides of the argument tend to believe that if the fetus has a soul, that it would be wrong to kill it, generally speaking.

So perhaps it's more of an empirical dispute about whether the fetus happens to have a soul, rather than a moral dispute about how souls should be treated.

I leave the word soul here to your discretion -- whatever it is about humans that gives them a different moral status to, say, plants, or other inanimate objects.

btw the word soul needn't assume mind-body dualism -- physicalists can use that word too, see here at around 9:40.

Last edited by NoobletCheese,

BitMasterPlus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, finally you admit your true motivation. It's not about saving the unborn. It's about punishing women for daring to enjoy sex.
What's the BFD on putting on protection and making absolutely sure no one gets pregnant during sex? You can have sex, but if you don't want kids yet, get your dick suited up or get birth control, preferably both so both partners are protected.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the BFD on putting on protection and making absolutely sure no one gets pregnant during sex? You can have sex, but if you don't want kids yet, get your dick suited up or get birth control, preferably both so both partners are protected.
Condoms and other forms of birth control are not 100% effective, even when used together.

Deleted member 559230

Trophies
XP

I don't care if men and women have sex. They can have all the sex they want, but if they bring a life form into the world then they need to care for it and not have it ripped out of the womb and shredded into bits because they simply don't want to be responsible adults.

Condoms and other forms of birth control are not 100% effective, even when used together.

The rate at which condoms fail is low and if you get a simple operation you can prevent pregnancies. There's also pills. The pill is 99% effective in preventing pregnancies. If you combine a male condom and a female pill the female is pretty safe from getting pregnant. There's also the option of doing none of that and not having sex until you're ready to care for a child. Many women wait to have sex until they get married. So there's plenty of ways to pretty much make sure the female doesn't get pregnant.

Last edited by Deleted member 559230,

deinonychus71

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't care if men and women have sex. They can have all the sex they want, but if they bring a life form into the world then they need to care for it and not have it ripped out of the womb and shredded into bits because they simply don't want to be responsible adults.

The rate at which condoms fail is low and if you get a simple operation you can prevent pregnancies. There's also pills. The pill is 99% effective in preventing pregnancies. If you combine a male condom and a female pill the female is pretty safe from getting pregnant. There's also the option of doing none of that and not having sex until you're ready to care for a child. Many women wait to have sex until they get married. So there's plenty of ways to pretty much make sure the female doesn't get pregnant.
What a fantastic world we're preparing for all these children on a planet that already can't sustain all of us, especially with some of us feel entitled to waste its resources daily for personal gain.

If only you put that much energy at promoting a culture of equality of opportunity (that is NOT equality of outcome, no deflection please) so all born children may have a chance to live a decent life and ascend the social ladder.
I would at least half respect your argument.

If the baby life is what you care about most, if life is what you care about, "it's the responsibility of the parents" should never be the first question. That you focus on that only show that you're looking to punish first and foremost, not actually help life.

Reactions: The Catboy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, and you'll get the profile menu popup, with...