• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

U.S. Supreme Court set to overturn Roe v. Wade abortion rights decision

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Life is sacred in or out of the womb. Killing the unborn is wrong. Take responsibility for your actions.
what about rape? what about when the semen donor gone missing? what about children? what about those not capable of understanding the consequences? what about those forced?

Dark_Phoras

Master of Hounds
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
This is a decision based on dogma, not reason. In the first ten weeks of pregnancy, there isn't a baby, it's just a bundle of tissues and the phase of preparation of the woman's body to accomodate the process. The brain synapses only start after 17 weeks, towards the end of the fourth month. I don't see a reason why abortion shouldn't be permitted in the first 10/15 weeks, in a pro-life perspective.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I shall have to wait and see what the full opinions and results are but interesting twist.

Would not have expected the debate had enough juice to get that far (nowhere else in the world particularly considers it one, and most are usually waiting for the handful of religious folk to die off to get rid of antiquated laws). Thus usually saw it as more of a distraction level political football.

Wonder if/when the next reversal might come, and what might go for state level actors and the resulting stats there (abortions and life outcome stats and crime are a fun intersection). Abortion tourism could also be an interesting one, and even more so if chemical methods get better than they are (and they are far better than most realise).

Reactions: VDDZ

Deleted member 559230

Trophies
XP
what about rape? what about when the semen donor gone missing? what about children? what about those not capable of understanding the consequences? what about those forced?

All life is sacred. There's no excuse for terminating a pregnancy that would acquit the women of murdering an unborn child.

Also, do you know how much of those things you listed happen percentage wise compared to people who just want to have sex and get pregnant?

I also see the liberals claiming that conservatives don't care about the child after its born. That's false. They care, its just not their responsibility to raise the child for the loser parents that refuse to do so. It's the parents job to care for the kid, not random strangers.

Most unwanted pregnancies could be avoided if you take birth control pills, have an operation, wear protection, avoid sex, etc ... It's just you have to be a responsible adult because the majority of pregnancies that happen are just people who refuse to take responsibility and are careless in their actions.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All life is sacred. There's no excuse for terminating a pregnancy that would acquit the women of murdering an unborn child.

Also, do you know how much of those things you listed happen percentage wise compared to people who just want to have sex and get pregnant?

I also see the liberals claiming that conservatives don't care about the child after its born. That's false. They care, its just not their responsibility to raise the child for the loser parents that refuse to do so. It's the parents job to care for the kid, not random strangers.

Most unwanted pregnancies could be avoided if you take birth control pills, have an operation, wear protection, avoid sex, etc ... It's just you have to be a responsible adult because the majority of pregnancies that happen are just people who refuse to take responsibility and are careless in their actions.

so what do you eat?

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands

show me the numbers and the prove of accuracy of those numbers? give me proof of even ever talking to an actual women? have you ever considered your religion might be a ly? have you ever seen what your sacret creator does think of the secracy of life? have you got an actual life to defend as sacret? what did you do that i should call this life of yours so sacret? it angres me to see the short sight of such a defence.
freedom of speech i bet you use it dayly but you don't know why it's important. freedom of religion you abuse it dayly but again you don't understand why it's important. freedom of to move? freedom of expression? freedom at all? you ever for a minute thought about more than yourself?

Deleted member 559230

Trophies
XP
so what do you eat?

We're speaking about developing human life, not farm animals. I assumed people would realize I'm talking about human life as that's the topic.

JaapDaniels said:
show me the numbers and the prove of accuracy of those numbers? give me proof of even ever talking to an actual women? have you ever considered your religion might be a ly? have you ever seen what your sacret creator does think of the secracy of life? have you got an actual life to defend as sacret? what did you do that i should call this life of yours so sacret? it angres me to see the short sight of such a defence.
freedom of speech i bet you use it dayly but you don't know why it's important. freedom of religion you abuse it dayly but again you don't understand why it's important. freedom of to move? freedom of expression? freedom at all? you ever for a minute thought about more than yourself?

https://www.hli.org/resources/statistics-on-abortion/
https://www.hli.org/resources/why-women-abort/
https://www.abort73.com/abortion_facts/us_abortion_statistics/
https://www.guttmacher.org/journals...ons-quantitative-and-qualitative-perspectives
https://healthresearchfunding.org/18-shocking-abortion-statistics-rape-victims/

Last edited by Deleted member 559230,

Cortador

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So according to what you are saying, child pregnancy where a child's life is in danger if pregnancy is continued should be allowed to go on right?

Reactions: The Catboy

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: RIP Akira Toriyama
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I hate the term “pro-life” because there’s no such thing as “pro-life.” There’s only “pro-forced birth” and “pro-back alley abortions.” Abortions will continue to happen but they will go back into dirty motels and cheap apartments. Abortions still happen in countries where even miscarriages come with a death penalty. The idea of outlawing abortion is just another means of controlling people’s bodies and it’s disgusting. Conservatives are hypocrites that hate freedom.

Last edited by The Catboy,

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is honestly horrifying.

We all know it's going to disproportionally affect those most struggling but I imagine that's the point. The Republicans really do have more in common with the Taliban then the Democrats.

I guess sales of coat hangers will go up.

EDIT: Just realised Gay marriage is probably next

Last edited by emigre,

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
This is honestly horrifying.

We all know it's going to disproportionally affect those most struggling but I imagine that's the point. The Republicans really do have more in common with the Taliban then the Democrats.

I guess sales of coat hangers will go up.

EDIT: Just realised Gay marriage is probably next
As will many other rights because Conservatives really do hate freedom no matter what mental gymnastics they go through.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It's not other peoples jobs to raise other peoples children. You're making excuses for parents who refuse to work to feed and cloth their own children. That's horrible.
So force kids into the world and leave them to suffer? So you really don’t care when the kids are born, you only care to force them into the world.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
Come on, removing a group of cells without nervous system is not the same as killing a baby. Ok, but it has the potential to become a human, but so does all genetic material you trowed on the toiled last time you watched a Mia Khalifa video.

I'm father of two BTW, I know how feels like to have and love a baby.

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
Boy, for a country that likes to be seen as a bastion of democracy and freedom sure is heading back to the dark ages of the Middle Ages.

Let me assure you, US is becoming a bastion of neither to the eyes of outside democracies. The way I'm seeing here, it'll soon become a religious authocracy.

No offence intended for the fellow Americans here, just a wake up call.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: He's right behind me, isn't he? +1