TX Presents SX OS v2.9.2 Beta - With Improved Stealth Mode and More!

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by garyopa, Oct 7, 2019.

Front-page
    Another day, another SX OS update! Today, Team-Xecuter released their SX OS v2.9.2 beta.
    SX292.

Good news, we been informed that TX has finally released v2.9.2 and it contains some new features, and also it looks this will soon be their 'STABLE' release and they report they are hard at work on SX OS v3.0.0 so we have alot to look forward to enjoy soon! Oh'yeah, it also fully supports the latest Nintendo Switch firmware v9.0.1 of course :)
    SX292-1.

They report this will be their final v2.x release as they are moving forward to a big v3.0 release with it having many suggestions they have received over the last few months from their valued SX OS users, so in the meantime grab their v2.9.2 release from their website.

—< Team-Xecuter - Rocking the Switch in 2019 and beyond! >—

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

Aisuga, SG911, Dagosty and 23 others like this.
    Discussion (135 replies)
  1. mrdude

mrdude GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 11, 2015
    Nice I downloaded this about an hour ago from your discord site - all seems to be working well so far for me. Thanks for the update.

Ra1d, peteruk, Hardline and 1 other person like this.
  2. SaggyBeans

SaggyBeans GBAtemp Regular

Jul 8, 2014
    Canada
    Solid update, this seems to have squished many bugs. Aside from the official notes it also fixes error 2168-0002 when exiting album with "B" button and/or launching homebrew while docked. Glad to hear custom XCI loading is back and that stealth mode has been improved further. Now we just need to see if this resolves the issue of GC fuse burn and also if incognito will install. People were also reporting issues using cheats while running XCIs off of an SSD/HDD. If anyone could test these bugs and report back that would be great! ^_^

GilgameshArcher, chefmario and klear like this.
  3. Volthax

Volthax Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 13, 2018
    Netherlands Antilles
    Ofcourse the highest quality standards, the newest news, the bestest best Team-Xecuter back at it again!
    I cannot wait for SX OS 3, the day shall come and then Half Life 3 will eventually be released too.

4. wurstpistole
    This message by wurstpistole has been removed from public view by Joe88, Oct 7, 2019, Reason: Off topic.
    Oct 7, 2019
  5. Volthax
    This message by Volthax has been removed from public view by Joe88, Oct 7, 2019, Reason: Off topic.
    Oct 7, 2019
  6. gizmomelb
    This message by gizmomelb has been removed from public view by Joe88, Oct 7, 2019.
    Oct 7, 2019
  7. CrisFTW

CrisFTW GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    Nice! I just got out of the movie theaters. Gonna download this soon

GilgameshArcher likes this.
  8. matias3ds

matias3ds GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 25, 2017
    Argentina
  9. KitsumiTheFox

KitsumiTheFox Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2016
    United States
    Interesting, I used SX OS for a while when it had emuMMC, but I switched over to Atmosphere pretty quickly lol. I don't see anything wrong with the people that use SX OS or people that support Tx. I don't support them myself for the shady things they've done before, but it is still a useful piece of software.

10. gizmomelb

gizmomelb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 13, 2006
    Australia
    you literally contradict yourself. You used SX OS for a while (so you had to have purchased it), so you have supported them already.. doesn't matter if you never use your SX OS licence again.

11. SaggyBeans

SaggyBeans GBAtemp Regular

Jul 8, 2014
    Canada
    So why is this conversation even happening in this thread. Take it to somewhere else so we can focus on bug reporting and other important topics please.

12. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    What a great update! Much more than the usual "we fixed Ninty's fuckup, it works again."

NoNAND likes this.
  13. DarkCrudus

DarkCrudus The Ghost

Apr 15, 2007
    United States
    Minnesota
    Off topic. You do not need a license to use sxos, just the XCI loading. A lot of people forget this.

On topic great to see they are faster with their fixes ;P

findonovan95 and comput3rus3r like this.
  14. KitsumiTheFox

KitsumiTheFox Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2016
    United States
    I meant more of, I don't support the actions they do now, when I bought the license, I wasn't as well informed as I am now. They do still make useful software though.

gamesquest1 likes this.
  15. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 3, 2018
    United States
    Real trusting that no-one got banned from a faulty stealth mode that they just fixed. For now.

THYPLEX likes this.
  16. morvoran

morvoran Trump supporter

Dec 19, 2010
    United States
    Drinking leftist tears...Yummy!
    I hope this update makes the Switch boot into SXOS when you power it off and put it in the dock. I forgot the Switch powers on when you put it back in the dock, so mine booted into OFW and downloaded the 9.0 update. I have to update to 9.0 now to get rid of that dang update nag. Hopefully, most of the bugs have been worked out.

Edit: I just realized I asked if this had cold booting. Whoops. Turns out this "new" feature is just the "reboot to payload with error support" built into SXOS. Cold booting would be nice if it was implemented into SXOS 3.0.

Last edited by morvoran, Oct 7, 2019
    THYPLEX and kevin corms like this.
  17. vincentallen2

vincentallen2 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 21, 2016
    United States
    To remedy this: On OFW, boot into maintenance mode, then reboot, and it should clear that 9.0 update notice nag. Once it's cleared, use 90dns settings for your wifi connection on the settings menu, and you shouldn't have to worry about that again if your switch happens to accidentally boot into OFW in the future.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

morvoran likes this.
  18. Nincompoopdo

Nincompoopdo GBAtemp Fan

May 20, 2017
    United States
    OK, looks like it's the right time to update from FW 8.1 to 9.01.

Edit: I better give it a few more hours, to let more beta testers tried it first. :teach:

Last edited by Nincompoopdo, Oct 7, 2019
  19. RandomUser

RandomUser What has gotten into you Rosie?

May 9, 2010
    United States
    Not the correct word that should be used but okay.

20. gonzogonzales

gonzogonzales Member

Newcomer
    Jul 3, 2018
    Austria
    before i update i would like to know something about the rebboting Feature. Can i turn it of? if no how kan i boot now into the original Firmware?

21. Essasetic

Essasetic Your Local TX Fanboy Rebirth

Jun 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Just to clarify, does this update fix Stealth Mode in the UK? Because people pointed out it doesn't work because of the TX website blockade in the UK.

22. simbin

simbin GBAtemp Fan

Jul 28, 2015
    United States
    "Our gamecart emulation now detects these bad images and fixes them."

Can't wait to learn more. Used to dump my own carts, but got lazy and just download them built-in updates. Surely need to fix some.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted