TX Presents SX OS v2.9.2 Beta - With Improved Stealth Mode and More!

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by garyopa, Oct 7, 2019.

1. mrdude

mrdude GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 11, 2015
  2. guily6669

guily6669 GbaTemp is my Drug

Jun 3, 2013
    United States
    Doomed Island
    Haha, you just forgot to say and ENJOY YOUR BAN and respond in the same words as his :toot:.

3. DaveLister

DaveLister GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 27, 2018
    Afghanistan
    lv426
    My poor poor Wife ! have at it TX.

4. thaikhoa

thaikhoa GBAtemp Addict

Sep 16, 2008
    Australia
    What's new?

Scripts updated for SX OS 2.9.2:
    https://t.co/MOQEJTBq77
    https://t.co/LiE7cdLatJ

As for the changes, this update is mainly a refactor:
    - patchers: no changes;
    - KIPs: only "ams.mitm" and "Loader" changed;
    - apps: "HBMENU" and "ROMMENU" remain unchanged, but 5 new applications have been added. (
    Small correction, "ROMMENU" was updated, "HBMENU" wasn't.
    "ROMMENU" was updated to address the "stealth mode" issues by now blocking attempts to open the eshop if enabled and displaying a custom error message.)

5 new applications were added:
    - CREP (CREPBIN + CREPMETA): Atmosphère's creport;
    - ECL (ECLBIN + ECLMETA): Atmosphère's eclct.stub;
    - FTL (FTLBIN + FTLMETA): Atmosphère's fatal;
    - HBL (HBLBIN + HBLMETA): nx-hbloader;
    - ML (MLBIN + MLMETA): "Mercury Loader".

"Loader" no longer has embedded NSOs (which are now standalone apps) and was cleaned up. The MIPS VM had a minor update to correct function offsets.
    "ams.mitm" had a minor update as well for bug fixes and adding support for the "tx" service (which was missing).

"Mercury Loader" is nx-hbloader with added support for "usbhdd" service and "usbfs", plus applet size restrictions workarounds.

Last edited by thaikhoa, Oct 7, 2019
    Essasetic, Brawl345 and Garou like this.
  5. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    That’s what....hidden emunand is for! To use online without 100% worrying about a total ban, yes there is always a risk involved but no way near as much as if you used online booting in cfw. I’ve been using this method with sxos since certification injection became an option without issues over 2 years ago! Yes please go and tell TX devs that @Reecey a very old & loyal customer who owns 2xCK3 Blaster Kits as well as a many other 360/Switch modding tools, who has been in the game many years to go back fix xci emulation, this is when you turn “off stealth mode” in emunand and please come back to me pm me if you like I will then be a very happy chappy! Thank you :)

Edit: @Game_Over_Tom when they fix & release the new beta build, if they want to put just for that “moaning Reecey” in the instructions they have my full blessing.

Last edited by Reecey, Oct 7, 2019
    andyhappypants likes this.
  6. matias3ds

matias3ds GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 25, 2017
    Argentina

7. ShigoNaito

ShigoNaito Member

Newcomer
    Mar 12, 2019
    Philippines
    Hello,
    I want to update both my OFW and emummc CFW to the newest 9+ firmware. Is there one I should update first before the other?

8. RedHunter

RedHunter GBAtemp Fan

Dec 12, 2014
    Italy
    Wow loving that rebooting feature! Very handy for not banned people that Switch ofter between the two nands.
    Too bad from sysnand it doesn't work, but I guess there isn't a way to do it and also avoiding the ban .

9. tatumanu

tatumanu GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 1, 2004
    Portugal
    I believe you can do it in any order now since we finally have SX OS working well*.
    I would do it first on CFW with Choirdujour then OFW the normal way.

*to be tested.

ShigoNaito likes this.
  10. noreason4

noreason4 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 17, 2016
    United States
    Soo.. is it possible to first install SX OS 2.9.2 and afterwards install 9.0.1 via choidujour without the risk of bricking the EMUNAND?

11. Game_Over_Tom

Game_Over_Tom Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2018
    United States
    yes

Of course, as always, it's recommended to make a backup first.

noreason4 likes this.
  12. ChokingVictim87

ChokingVictim87 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 21, 2014
    Cardiff
  13. comput3rus3r

comput3rus3r GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 20, 2016
    United States
    You're not supposed to be going online on cfw in the first place. What you said makes no sense.

14. wurstpistole

wurstpistole I got 8 warning points

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    I think that might not be priority numero uno, because I am quite sure you must be the only person that wants to go online with backups ON PURPOSE.
    It's like your begging to get banned. Don't go online with any CFW. Ever.

nantalos likes this.
  15. neav

neav Member

Newcomer
    Nov 22, 2018
    Malaysia
    You use ofw with your legit game to play online and use any nintendo online features. Using cfw online without stealth mode will cause ban, hence why hidden emunand was created so you can keep your ofw safe from ban and can still use your ofw to play online.

Always use stealth mode or airplane mode when using cfw/emunand.

Edit: so that it will be clearer to you, emunand is using cfw, as only cfw can play backup games.

Last edited by neav, Oct 7, 2019
    nantalos and gizmomelb like this.
  16. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Member

Newcomer
    Jul 29, 2018
    Italy
    Very nice, just updated my banned switch without any issues and everything is running perfectly fine.

Tks TX

17. wiewiec

wiewiec GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 24, 2015
    Poland
    Somewhere
    I read about this updates testerday, but have problems with gbatemp site to load. I know that IT have restart option that restarts to cfw, but to turn off there is only option by use wain version of Reboot to payload, am I right?

18. guily6669

guily6669 GbaTemp is my Drug

Jun 3, 2013
    United States
    Doomed Island
    Yeah well but Emunand is CFW too, I don't think the album options and running XCI or installing NSP or whatever you want downloaded from anywhere all over the internet was part of the original system:).

Don't worry I will be here praying for you to get a ban:evil:.

Anyway back in the X360, I only had drive FWH at the beginning I didnt even had XbLive gold and never played online, I was playing some game in lan coop with a friend and the games was properly patched and both me and my friend got banned, though neither both of us cared as we would never buy the XbGayLive Gold anyway, but it pissed us off that it was in the time when M$ went bad and corrupted ppl's data on purpose for who got banned which they end up loosing on court and ended up fixing it later...

Back then C4eva was like there's no way blahblahblah M$ could ever detect that FW, guess he was so damn right that after some time he ended up saying sorry and indeed that FW was detected by M$ (which was supossely impossible for M$ to read it said the experts hacks), it wasn't the patched game but the FW which he updated it later and fixed it with better stealth but lot of ppl were already banned...

Also it was 100% impossible for M$ to flash the FW of the drive via updates and well M$ response to that was actually after a certain update each "X" update would flash the original FW back in the drive LOL.

Glad Jtag\RGH exploits shown up fast so no more DVD burning and FW upgrading on the drive, hated that crap and having to keep opening the console to flash it...

Last edited by guily6669, Oct 7, 2019
  19. Brawl345

Brawl345 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 14, 2012
    Germany
    wait wait wait wait, isn't this blawar's software?

Garou likes this.
  20. Kubas_inko
    This message by Kubas_inko has been removed from public view by Joe88, Oct 7, 2019.
    Oct 7, 2019
  21. Essasetic

Essasetic Your Local TX Fanboy Rebirth

Jun 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted