Hacking SX OS v3.1.0 BETA released! Firmware 11.0 Support

HollowGrams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am already using the latest SX OS 3.1.0 BETA and have updated my Retroarch (main nro and Flycast Core) to the latest version. Running Dreamcast Roms (SNK vs Capcom 2, Marvel vs Capcom 2, etc.) still immediately exits to the homebrew menu and SX OS errors out that leads to a system restart,,, Can you help me out making Flaycast run on my SX OS 3.1.0 unit....

Do you have the DC bios in the system folder?

Sidenote: Activation working again :)

vinson77

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Do you have the DC bios in the system folder?

Sidenote: Activation working again :)
I have mistakenly placed it into the /roms/Naomi folder. In which folder level of /retroarch/core/system/dc folder should I place the DC Bios?

HollowGrams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have mistakenly placed it into the /roms/Naomi folder. In which folder level of /retroarch/core/system/dc folder should I place the DC Bios?

/retroarch/core/system put dc folder and bios related files for any system in here. Let us know if they launch without error.

vinson77

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
/retroarch/core/system put dc folder and bios related files for any system in here. Let us know if they launch without error.
I have placed dc_boot.bin, dc_flash.bin, dc_bios(all).bin, and 2 more DC bios on /retroarch/cores/system/dc folder... retroarch still immediately exits on the Homebrew menu...

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have placed dc_boot.bin, dc_flash.bin, dc_bios(all).bin, and 2 more DC bios on /retroarch/cores/system/dc folder... retroarch still immediately exits on the Homebrew menu...
How are you launching retroarch? Are you holding down R while selecting a title?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

vinson77

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
How are you launching retroarch? Are you holding down R while selecting a title?

Yes
Update:
Everything's good now. Flyscast doesn't support zip loading. I have extracted the .zip files and used the .cdi files instead. Dreamcast is now working on SX OS. :D

Last edited by vinson77,

tubebar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To play Devils' Advocate isn't it a little strange that a company that isn't making ANY money has come out with an update?

We know members got arrested, no resellers, no one is making money and yet out of the goodness of their heart they come out with an update? OK so let's say it is to protest and fight Big N, why not release the source and activation keys at this point?

How do we know Nintendo isn't involved in this update and added in some type of calling home code in preparation of a mass ban?

It seems a little strange and fast to me, personally I will wait and see. Granted as long as you reman offline it should be safe unless Big N added in a self destruct code.

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do we know Nintendo isn't involved in this update and added in some type of calling home code in preparation of a mass ban?

That would literally *never* happen.
There's so many other things they could do. Like just check the validity of boot0 and get rid of every SX core/lite and autorcm user out there.
What they would literally never never never ever do is be involved in any way to product that helps pirate their own content.

Last edited by hartleyshc,

TDX1

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have done the update and everything seems to work fine except for sx installer after I've mounted the xci and try to start it the screen goes black and stays black. Before the update all was working smooth. Same goes for tinfoil when I quit tinfoil/sx installer and try to re open it, black screen. What am I doing wrong. Also when I enter sx installer of tinfoil it tells "failed to enable ds", pls help me out...

Reactions: HollowGrams

HollowGrams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have done the update and everything seems to work fine except for sx installer after I've mounted the xci and try to start it the screen goes black and stays black. Before the update all was working smooth. Same goes for tinfoil when I quit tinfoil/sx installer and try to re open it, black screen. What am I doing wrong. Also when I enter sx installer of tinfoil it tells "failed to enable ds", pls help me out...

Update tinfoil to 11.0

Use album for now and works smoother than b4. Need to update apps so they don't crash.

Reactions: TDX1

TDX1

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
That's what I was thinking so I need to wait for sx installer to update to a newer version? And next time I'll wait for a better stable version before updating.

Benja81

GBATemp Sporaddict
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I am currently using hekate/Atmosphere on 11.0 FW, non patched switch.
I decided to give SX OS (3.1) a try a cpl days ago, I put the boot.dat file on my sd and the sx loader payload.bin in the payloads folder.
I am able to boot into the SX OS and create the license request successfully. When I boot into SX OS, nothing works anymore, homebrew, installed NSPs, etc all give an error message, such as unable to start software or corrupt data. Is this just because I haven't activated SX OS, or what am I missing?

Last edited by Benja81,
Reactions: HollowGrams

RedHunter

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Great news to see TX still alive, really didn't want to mess with another cfw.

Not going to update just yet tho, everything works just fine even online play.

HollowGrams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I am currently using hekate/Atmosphere on 11.0 FW, non patched switch.
I decided to give SX OS (3.1) a try a cpl days ago, I put the boot.dat file on my sd and the sx loader payload.bin in the payloads folder.
I am able to boot into the SX OS and create the license request successfully. When I boot into SX OS, nothing works anymore, homebrew, installed NSPs, etc all give an error message, such as unable to start software or corrupt data. Is this just because I haven't activated SX OS, or what am I missing?

If you haven't activated this is normal behavior.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo