• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Trump Raid and the End of the United States (Padraig Martin)

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In May 2021 ( 3 months after the Previous admin left) An official from NARA contacts Trump's team after realizing that several important documents weren't handed over before Trump left the White House

the NARA gave common courtesy to allow the docs to be willingly provided back..and after they were not able to they contacted DOJ

Again if this was declassified, why was it not presented to the NARA in 2021, They had more than a whole year? and better yet IF DECLASSified, it could of been scanned and copied and originals be forwarded back to NARA
Why haven't the 30 million documents that Obama stole ever been scanned? It's been 6 years. What is he hiding?

People are noticing the two-tiered justice system we have in this country. At least the smart ones are noticing. The partisans like people on this forum choose not to see.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to understand your reasoning? but Guess you only want to respond with insults?
It was a serious question, not an insult. You will appreciate it more if you did your own research instead of relying on other people to just spoon feed it to you. I'm trying to do you a favor.

Deleted member 586536

Returned shipping and mailing
Trophies
XP
Obama stole
rofl
hey buddy
you wanna know a secret?
Yes they did need to seize it, as trump did not comply with providing the documents he was supposed to provide that are the goverments own papers/property. And also before someone makes a fool of themselves, the national archive association (the one agency responsible for handling these documents) said that Obama did comply with providing the documents back, and did not hold onto anything.
Your a idiot and a fool. can't fix stupid.

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The people making dead mom jokes and the people who endorse those jokes are the ones who are mad. I actually kinda feel sorry for you all on here. It literally takes 5 leftists to attack me every single day and none of you can even make a dent in my arguments. But do go ahead and fantasize about me being mad if that makes your fee-fees feel better.
"everyone who disagrees with me is mad"

lmao ok

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why haven't the 30 million documents that Obama stole ever been scanned? It's been 6 years. What is he hiding?

People are noticing the two-tiered justice system we have in this country. At least the smart ones are noticing. The partisans like people on this forum choose not to see.
"B-B-BUT OBAMNA!!"
cope

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My argument is that you can't cite a single relevant SCOTUS case, or even tell me what the connection to SCOTUS is here. Unitary executive theory is not law, it's masturbatory material for fascists. This is a DoJ and FBI matter, and the REPUBLICAN director of the FBI would not have gone after Trump if the evidence wasn't 100% damning.

So that's a yes.
You forget that the FBI falsified evidence to get FISA warrants in 2016. The FBI also used the now debunked Alfa Bank hoax to open additional investigations.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
If you're going to resort to the losing strategy that is whataboutism, at least pick an event that actually happened. Any fact checker will tell you this is false, even the GOP ones.

LMAO you're right, we do have a two-tiered justice system. There's the rich, and then there's everybody else. It's the reason Trump didn't get locked up decades ago.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're going to resort to the losing strategy that is whataboutism, at least pick an event that actually happened. Any fact checker will tell you this is false, even the GOP ones.

LMAO you're right, we do have a two-tiered justice system. There's the rich, and then there's everybody else. It's the reason Trump didn't get locked up decades ago.
It's not whataboutism if it is true. It's also true that Hillary had TS/SCI documents on her server. Comey admitted as much, but yet, there were no raids. Are you talking about the fact checkers who said the Alfa Bank hoax was real and the same fact checkers who claimed that Hunter Biden's laptop was Russian disinformation? Those fact checkers? :rofl2:

Please stop, I'm gonna crack a rib from laughing so hard.

Your definition of a two-tiered justice system does not hold water by what we have been seeing over the last 6 years.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It's not whataboutism if it is true.
It still is, and your claims still aren't true. They're just sad and desperate.

Your definition of a two-tiered justice system does not hold water by what we have been seeing over the last 6 years.
People are still in jail for a gram of weed in this country. Trump created a fake university and a fake charity that both had to be shut down by the courts. No jail time. He's also a fucking pedophile, but we won't get into that because I can just hear your screeching already.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was a serious question, not an insult. You will appreciate it more if you did your own research instead of relying on other people to just spoon feed it to you. I'm trying to do you a favor.
but if you claiming the item as your reasoning, but are not providing details of that reasoning or even a source. People usually have "receipts" when they make Questionable statements. Now I will ask again for for your source of the "Supreme Court case of 1987"

Reactions: Xzi

Deleted member 586536

Returned shipping and mailing
Trophies
XP
Introducing the hit game where I simplify arguments until my head hurts!
I'm your game show host Nothered, and today we got joining us @TraderPatTX

let's see folks if TraderPatTX can make a logical argument and avoid introducing copius amounts of cringe

Obama stole
Here's a accusation made That Obama stole documents. Let's see what I had to say folks.

(uses a statement I previously made)

And also before someone makes a fool of themselves, the national archive association (the one agency responsible for handling these documents) said that Obama did comply with providing the documents back, and did not hold onto anything.

oh wow folks, that means Obama didn't steal! Let's see how our contestant Trader has to say. Will he smack that down with a source? perhaps a strong logical argument. It's it's
Show where attorney-client privilege and passports are the government's property.
and uh.... well.. that's cringe. What the hell does attorney client privilege have to deal with disproving that Obama didn't steal?

Well we'll be taking a break as I have to clear up my second hand brain damage from reading such a stupid response

Last edited by Deleted member 586536,
Reactions: Xzi

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They asked trump for documents back, he didn't give them all back, so they got a court order to look for them. Was it illegal for trump to not return those documents? probably depends on the content of the documents and is above my pay-grade. but the FBI, at the very least, didn't act improperly or without merit. this wasn't some super cereal secret operation, it's been surprisingly transparent.

even a president can't declassify nuclear related stuff. Presidential powers DO have limits. and you also have to still be president in order to use them, so it'll be important that only the things he declassified are/were in his possession. Who knows, maybe only declassified documents were in his possession. We'll see.
They got a court order from a judge who defended Jeffery Epstein's employees. A judge who hates Trump as proven in past tweets. Totally not partisan and not a witch hunt.

A president is the ultimate declass authority. There is nobody above the president in declassing documents and Congress cannot limit that authority.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It still is, and your claims still aren't true. They're just sad and desperate.

People are still in jail for a gram of weed in this country. Trump created a fake university and a fake charity that both had to be shut down by the courts. No jail time. He's also a fucking pedophile, but we won't get into that because I can just hear your screeching already.
Now you are just throwing shit against the wall to see what sticks. It is an act of desperation on your part. I think I'm going to enjoy watching you sink into madness over the next few months more than anybody else here.

Garland has had people locked up for over a year with zero charges filed against them. Biden's wingman is doing a great job going after Biden's political enemies. Hermann Goring would be so proud.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whataboutism ? really?
1. Obama never stole. as His Presidential library team FROM NARA has the docs not him
2. Those docs were give AFTER... Key word. After NARA cleared Them and provided a NARA TEAM for the Presidential library

Fox News Host Refutes Trump Claim Obama Kept 33M Classified Documents

FZ-vEhhUUAAGNoe

EVEN ... But EVEN if that was True? what does that have to do with Crimes of the Previous admin? Are you claiming if one person gets aways with it, than we can never enforce a law again?

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It is an act of desperation on your part.
Ah the good ol' second grade "I know you are but what am I" card.

I think I'm going to enjoy watching you sink into madness over the next few months more than anybody else here.
Lol you don't see me trying and failing to respond to twelve different people at once about this topic. Loving all the tears and how on edge Trump and all his followers are right now, while I get to kick back in a hammock and just wait.

Garland has had people locked up for over a year with zero charges filed against them.
That might be believable if it was coming from anybody but you.

Reactions: LainaGabranth

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Garland has had people locked up for over a year with zero charges filed against them. Biden's wingman is doing a great job going after Biden's political enemies. Hermann Goring would be so proud.
That might be believable if it was coming from anybody but you.
I'll bite. Please provide list of Persons that are being held over a year with zero charges filed.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They got a court order from a judge who defended Jeffery Epstein's employees. A judge who hates Trump as proven in past tweets. Totally not partisan and not a witch hunt.

A president is the ultimate declass authority. There is nobody above the president in declassing documents and Congress cannot limit that authority.
here's an easy primer: https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/know-classified-documents-trump-raid-220025590.html

"Procedures for declassification of materials are complicated. However, the president has ultimate declassification authority and may declassify anything at any time, subject to certain provisions of the Atomic Energy Act...Mishandling classified information, especially if it is accidental, is usually handled as an administrative matter. However, more serious violations can incur criminal charges and penalties. Federal law (18 U.S. Code § 1924) states that anyone who 'knowingly removes such documents or materials without authority and with the intent to retain such documents or materials at an unauthorized location shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for not more than five years, or both.'" - Jeffrey Fields
emphasis mine.

Basically, *generally* a current president can declassify anything, but only if proper procedures are followed. And some topics are far more complex. Nuclear weapons fall under that category, and the procedure to declassify would depend on the KIND of nuclear weapon information being divulged. It does happen (Obama, for instance, declassified how many nuclear weapons the US has) but it's not like the president can pull a Michael Scott and just go to a reporter and say "here's this document that I DECLARE DE-CLASSIFIED". What's important is if the declassification procedure took place and if they were declassified while in office. A president has to declassify while they are still the sitting president. They cannot declassify something out of office.

I don't know if anything will come of this, but it's not like any president can just do what they like with any and all top secret information.

Last edited by osaka35,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?