• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Trump Raid and the End of the United States (Padraig Martin)

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The president is not king. There are several security protocols that have to be cleared before declassifying certain documents/information, and if Trump had gone through those protocols, he wouldn't have lied about the documents that he was keeping at Mar-a-lago in the first place. Logic.

Like I was just supposed to know that through internet telepathy or something. I'm sorry for your loss, but that doesn't make your obsession with shielding Trump from the consequences of his own actions any less cult-like or pathetic.
The Supreme Court disagrees with you.

General rule. Don't talk about people's parents. Even if they were alive, you would still look like a heartless clown. Try and control yourself and act like an adult instead of the petulant child you come across as.

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

General rule. Don't talk about people's parents. Even if they were alive, you would still look like a heartless clown. Try and control yourself and act like an adult instead of the petulant child you come across as.
This would be a lot funnier if it wasn't just you going "REEEE DON'T MAKE MOM JOKES ABOUT MEEEEEEE"

What are you, 12???

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The weirdest part is NOW people are Crying its already been declassified....ok where is the Documentation of the Declassification.

IF the Documents were already Declassified why was it not presented to the FBI in June when they went Thru the FIRST search ( again being the 2nd time they came looking for Docs, is really telling to the fact that these documents were not legal.

I mean the Whole point of Declassification is allowing the public to view the info.
Why hasn't the Proof of Declassification and the ACTUAL Documents been release.
There is a huge difference between declassing documents and releasing them to the public.

The pertinent question that nobody asks is if these documents are so important to national security, then why did the FBI wait over 18 months to come get them?

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have seen you mention this several times? Please provide this court case..
because it sounds like if true it competely goes against the Constitution, as Taken Down Rouge Elected offices was Baked in with Impeachment.

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have seen you mention this several times? Please provide this court case..
because it sounds like if true it competely goes against the Constitution, as Taken Down Rouge Elected offices was Baked in with Impeachment.
Is your internet broken or do you not know how to use it?

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
SCOTUS does not set security protocols for declassifying government documents, and especially not military documents. No point in even referencing it if you aren't going to cite a relevant case.

General rule. Don't talk about people's parents.
I was talking about your demented obsession with a corrupt amoral grifter, the bit about your parents was secondary at best to give an example/hypothetical. Sadly I still don't feel I was too far off the mark, either. When Trump said, "I could shoot someone on Fifth Avenue and not lose any support," you were surely nodding your head up and down at the TV.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a huge difference between declassing documents and releasing them to the public.

The pertinent question that nobody asks is if these documents are so important to national security, then why did the FBI wait over 18 months to come get them?

In May 2021 ( 3 months after the Previous admin left) An official from NARA contacts Trump's team after realizing that several important documents weren't handed over before Trump left the White House

the NARA gave common courtesy to allow the docs to be willingly provided back..and after they were not able to they contacted DOJ

Again if this was declassified, why was it not presented to the NARA in 2021, They had more than a whole year? and better yet IF DECLASSified, it could of been scanned and copied and originals be forwarded back to NARA

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
Actually, the right-wing (not the same as Republicans, I know) has been mad at he FBI for years. They infiltrate right-wing groups (or found them) in order to frame people. The plans to kidnap Michigan Gov. Whitmer was an FBI plot. The media hyped up the thread of right-wing extremists and that´s what sticks in the public´s mind. The FBI doesn´t do this with e.g. BLM.
Because BLM isn't basically a mafia dedicated to enrich themselves and fuck over the world. If the right doesn't want the FBI to infiltrate them, they should try to be actually decent human beings for once.

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Because BLM isn't basically a mafia dedicated to enrich themselves and fuck over the world. If the right doesn't want the FBI to infiltrate them, they should try to be actually decent human beings for once.
BLM threatened people with violence, attacked people and property en masse. Its leaders received money from around the world. They bought mansions with that money to "cultivate hapiness". The mafia would be proud.

Something about declassified documents: Why does it matter where the documents are? Have printers and cameras not yet been invented in this timeline? Just because Trump gives them back, does not mean he doesn´t have a thousand copies somewhere else.

LainaGabranth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BLM threatened people with violence, attacked people and property en masse. Its leaders received money from around the world. They bought mansions with that money to "cultivate hapiness". The mafia would be proud.

Something about declassified documents: Why does it matter where the documents are? Have printers and cameras not yet been invented in this timeline? Just because Trump gives them back, does not mean he doesn´t have a thousand copies somewhere else.
https://acleddata.com/2020/09/03/de...violence-in-america-new-data-for-summer-2020/
Oh shit! I dropped my superior data, for my superior argument.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Just because Trump gives them back, does not mean he doesn´t have a thousand copies somewhere else.
And you think the NSA wouldn't know about that? For all we know he already attempted to sell the information, but that's the type of thing that would be revealed during a trial.

By all accounts, Trump is pretty much tech illiterate if you don't count Twitter, and he wasn't even very good at using that either.

Reactions: LainaGabranth

LainaGabranth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And you think the NSA wouldn't know about that? For all we know he already attempted to sell the information, but that's the type of thing that would be revealed during a trial.
Let's not pretend like pseudo-science believers are all that good at observing reality. Maybe UDR just has some trouble with empiricism.

Deleted member 586536

Returned shipping and mailing
Trophies
XP

Wow... So the DOJ is investigating it as a criminal case. I honestly did consider that it was more likely a retrial job.

The DOJ refused to unseal the affidavit because it would threaten multiple witnesses (with an s)
and ongoing criminal investigations.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2022/08/15/trump-mar-a-lago-affidavit/

This heavily implies that this is one of the many other things the department of justice is dealing with.

Reactions: Xzi

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SCOTUS does not set security protocols for declassifying government documents, and especially not military documents. No point in even referencing it if you aren't going to cite a relevant case.

I was talking about your demented obsession with a corrupt amoral grifter, the bit about your parents was secondary at best to give an example/hypothetical. Sadly I still don't feel I was too far off the mark, either. When Trump said, "I could shoot someone on Fifth Avenue and not lose any support," you were surely nodding your head up and down at the TV.
So your argument is that SCOTUS decisions have little to no meaning now. That's a bold move Cotton...

How would you know I was nodding my head? Are you some kind of creeper peeper looking thru my windows or are you still just spouting nonsense?

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Making you mad? Gladly.
The people making dead mom jokes and the people who endorse those jokes are the ones who are mad. I actually kinda feel sorry for you all on here. It literally takes 5 leftists to attack me every single day and none of you can even make a dent in my arguments. But do go ahead and fantasize about me being mad if that makes your fee-fees feel better.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
So your argument is that SCOTUS decisions have little to no meaning now. That's a bold move Cotton...
My argument is that you can't cite a single relevant SCOTUS case, or even tell me what the connection to SCOTUS is here. Unitary executive theory is not law, it's masturbatory material for fascists. This is a DoJ and FBI matter, and the REPUBLICAN director of the FBI would not have gone after Trump if the evidence wasn't 100% damning.

How would you know I was nodding my head? Are you some kind of creeper peeper looking thru my windows or are you still just spouting nonsense?
So that's a yes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto