• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Trump leads Kamala in nearly every swing state [Update: not any longer]

gudenau

Largely ignored
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
Having plenty of laid out plans and policies does make a big difference. The people that are watching want to know what each candidate plans to do when they get into office and try. Harris/Walz have given clear and understandable plans to give to the people, while Trump/Vance only have "concepts" of plans and sound half-baked and keep changing constantly to make them viewed more favorably while also showing their racism and incorrectly blaming innocent immigrants.

All of these things add up and matters and it shows how unfit Trump/Vance are when they don't sound prepared and have very empty promises and hypocrisy like caring for Healthcare and Abortion rights when Trump was the one who appointed judges to get rid of Roe v. Wade and brags about it and lies that "everyone" wanted to get rid of it when it actuality most people didn't want it to be gone.

It's no wonder Trump/Vance are afraid of being fact-checked LIVE on TV, because they're banking on folks that blindly trust news outlets like Fox News and not choose to do their own research to see if things are true or not properly.

Wasn't (paraphrased) "since everyone wanted abortion we gave the power to the states to take away basic human rights instead of the federal government ensuring them" something he claimed?
Post automatically merged:

5568236eb3e2c7ae.jpeg

The level of contrast here. One side has an insane plan and the other side has a decent one.

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't (paraphrased) "since everyone wanted abortion we gave the power to the states to take away basic human rights instead of the federal government ensuring them" something he claimed?
Yes, it's something Trump/Vance claimed and lied about "everyone wanted".

When you look back when Roe v. Wade protections were removed, lots of folks negatively reacted to it. Once abortion bans came up in more states, death tolls for pregnant women skyrocketed as we heard from Walz last night. Women trying to get treatment by moving out of states, especially with very little money they have to travel back and forth along with some of them dying before being able to get treatment or doctors hesitating to do the operation because it could put them behind bars. We can see how disastrous the results are after Roe v. Wade was removed and letting the states have power to enact their own abortion ban laws.

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Having plenty of laid out plans and policies does make a big difference. The people that are watching want to know what each candidate plans to do when they get into office and try. Harris/Walz have given clear and understandable plans to give to the people, while Trump/Vance only have "concepts" of plans and sound half-baked and keep changing constantly to make them viewed more favorably while also showing their racism and incorrectly blaming innocent immigrants.

All of these things add up and matters and it shows how unfit Trump/Vance are when they don't sound prepared and have very empty promises and hypocrisy like caring for Healthcare and Abortion rights when Trump was the one who appointed judges to get rid of Roe v. Wade and brags about it and lies that "everyone" wanted to get rid of it when it actuality most people didn't want it to be gone.

It's no wonder Trump/Vance are afraid of being fact-checked LIVE on TV, because they're banking on folks that blindly trust news outlets like Fox News and not choose to do their own research to see if things are true or not properly.
You are living in a fantasy world if you think this is what is happening. Both parties just throw things out there, and completely ignore how they plan to actually get anything done. Nobody talks about the economy or any policy in a sensible way anymore, and anyone who did instantly lost. Its all about who can spend more on their campaign, perception is more important than reality.

How are we just going to suddenly mass deport people? How are we suddenly just going to give everyone 25k to buy a house? These arent real plans.

“That's why they call it the American Dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it.”
― George Carlin

Last edited by kevin corms,
  • Haha
Reactions: RedColoredStars

gudenau

Largely ignored
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
You are living in a fantasy world if you think this is what is happening. Both parties just throw things out there, and completely ignore how they plan to actually get anything done. Nobody talks about the economy or any policy in a sensible way anymore, and anyone who did instantly lost. Its all about who can spend more on their campaign, perception is more important than reality.

How are we just going to suddenly mass deport people? How are we suddenly just going to give everyone 25k to buy a house? These arent real plans.

Look at the EV tax credit or the school loan releaf for real world examples of this. The only reason the later didn't work was because republicans in the courts changed the laws.

Reactions: RedColoredStars

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How are we just going to suddenly mass deport people?

They just need to ask Obama. He was the best at it, deported way more than Trump did.

How are we suddenly just going to give everyone 25k to buy a house?

Increase the price of an entry level house by $25k, and tax the person selling the house $25k. Actually no, tax him $30k. We need a little extra to pay the salaries of the people doing the paperwork.

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How are we suddenly just going to give everyone 25k to buy a house? These arent real plans.
Not a real plan for Harris/Walz? The Harris-Walz administration have stated that they plan to provide working families who have paid their rent on time for two years and are buying their first home up to $25,000 in down-payment assistance, with more generous support for first-generation homeowners.

Giving hardworking eligible home buyers $25k =/= giving everyone $25k.

These are plans and goals they want to reach and we know that most of these things don't get met, but they'll likely try their hardest to try and meet those goals as best they can especially in opposition with the MAGA Republican government parties that would try and vote in opposition from any sort of proposal and such by democrats even when it's for the good of the people and the nation.

Cranesbill

Triumph Fury
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Colombia
Increase the price of an entry level house by $25k, and tax the person selling the house $25k. Actually no, tax him $30k. We need a little extra to pay the salaries of the people doing the paperwork.
Aw what? You mean if I wanna sell my house, I'm being taxed on?? I worked my ass off for a good house, if I wanna sell it, I want the full price I deserve, not give away a portion of it to the government

Hi, I'm an idiot who don't know how this works

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aw what? You mean if I wanna sell my house, I'm being taxed on?? I worked my ass off for a good house, if I wanna sell it, I want the full price I deserve, not give away a portion of it to the government

Hi, I'm an idiot who don't know how this works
If you sell your house, and use that money to buy another house, you won't be taxed on it.

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not a real plan for Harris/Walz? The Harris-Walz administration have stated that they plan to provide working families who have paid their rent on time for two years and are buying their first home up to $25,000 in down-payment assistance, with more generous support for first-generation homeowners.

These are plans and goals they want to reach and we know that most of these things don't get met, but they'll likely try their hardest to try and meet those goals as best they can especially in opposition with the MAGA Republican government parties that would try and vote in opposition from any sort of proposal and such by democrats even when it's for the good of the people and the nation.
If you think this is a plan and that you are making an argument, I really don't know what else to say. Its also laughable to claim they will try really hard to do this. Continue living in a fantasy world where "Maga" republicans are the only thing standing in the way of things getting better. Im not one for quoting people usually, but here is the rest of the Carlin quote. https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/964648-but-there-s-a-reason-there-s-a-reason-there-s-a-reason

I bet none of you in here even know which countries we are at war with.

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you think this is a plan and that you are making an argument, I really don't know what else to say. Its also laughable to claim they will try really hard to do this. Continue living in a fantasy world where "Maga" republicans are the only thing standing in the way of things getting better.
We can agree to disagree. But point is, one side (Harris/Walz) is a whole lot better than the other side (Trump/Vance). A lesser of two evils.

I'd much rather vote for Harris who's actually younger and more experienced in government work than old, demented Trump who's been acting like a manbaby and showing pure spite, racism, and spouting out many, many lies.

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country

Never ever ever would that ever actually happen. A total fantasy and just empty promises to win votes.

What would stop everyone from just slapping an extra $25,000 onto the cost of a house? They know the governments gonna cover it. Congrats you just blew up the entire housing market even worse than it already is.

• Haha
Reactions: Dark_Ansem

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
We can agree to disagree. But point is, one side (Harris/Walz) is a whole lot better than the other side (Trump/Vance). A lesser of two evils.

I'd much rather vote for Harris who's actually younger and more experienced in government work than old, demented Trump who's been acting like a manbaby and showing pure spite, racism, and spouting out many, many lies.
I dont buy it. They are simply doing what they can to appeal to the most people they can. They are all full of crap, but when Trump speaks it hurts your feelings. Reality is, things arent much different vs when Trump was president vs now with Harris as vice president.

• Haha
Reactions: Dark_Ansem

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I dont buy it. They are simply doing what they can to appeal to the most people they can. They are all full of crap, but when Trump speaks it hurts your feelings. Reality is, things arent much different vs when Trump was president vs now with Harris as vice president.
Absolute balderdash from you.

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No I remember massive shortages, high unemployment, a pandemic, many places being closed, an attack on the capitol, hate crimes up and higher taxes for the middle class.

Didn't really matter if gas was so low when anything worth driving out to was closed.

Which, BTW, was why gas was so low under Trump.

Reactions: Xzi

gudenau

Largely ignored
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
No I remember massive shortages, high unemployment, a pandemic, many places being closed, an attack on the capitol, hate crimes up and higher taxes for the middle class.

Didn't really matter if gas was so low when anything worth driving out to was closed.

Which, BTW, was why gas was so low under Trump.

Oh yeah, hate chrimes skyrocketed under him.... He's done so much bad for the country that I can't recall all of it at once.

Xzi

BUSTAH WOLF!!!
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
They are simply doing what they can to appeal to the most people they can.
Almost like government is supposed to be of the people and for the people or something...

Trump can't connect with anybody except despots and dictators because those are the only people he can relate to as somebody who has never done an honest day's work in his entire life.

Reactions: BigOnYa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/shorts/hyAMYj4NpYE +1