Hacking TroyTheZombie's Animated Channel Wads

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
thats cool bro glad you had fun camping , just got back from 4 days vacation myself , and drunk is not a good word to mention to me now lol ,by the way installer is almost ready if you are still interested in making the channels for it
wink.gif
cause you know I only like the best of the best buddy ( don't look around bro it's you I'm talking about
tongue.gif
) so tell me what's going on I need about another week before things sorted out
wink.gif
and thanks in advance for all the help

smokerdee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive installed the nes emulator and it code dumps when i click start. what may be wrong. i changed the name to nintendo.wad, could tht be my problem. thanx for the channels and any suggestions

sambobo

Trophies
XP
Country
I get code dumps on all the emulators I try (Snes9x, Genplus, FCEU, VBAGX) when using your (absolutely lovely) forwarding channels, but only on the 2nd or 3rd time using them. Deleting them from the SD card and replacing them makes them work again. They work fine from the HBC. Anyone got any ideas why?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I think it has something to do with the 01.app (or the main.dol of the channel) cause I'm using a very old forwarder and it "code dumps" too after several uses (2 or 3
tongue.gif
)..!!
wtf.gif

LowKeyEnergy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for all your work on these . i have about 7 of them on my front channel page and my wii looks like a million bucks .

i have just one blank tile for a channel to go , and even though it looks like you're calling it quits on the emu forwarders , is there any chance you could throw together a similarly styled forwarder for atari emulator ? for us old videogame heads , atari is the stuff childhood dreams are made of , and it just doesn't feel right to leave it uninvited to the part .

the running across the screen guy could be . . . pitfal guy ! or tron guy ! or . . . well , all stickmen basically look the same .

i'm sure i'm not the only one here that can name a handfull of favorite atari titles .

da_xman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome work TroyTheZombie! Love the forwarders...

As I know you don't code the forwarders, just do the graphics/animation/sound for them...was the smsplus / smsplusgx fixed?

ThetaSigma10

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TroyTheZombie said:
ausdamn said:
any reason why all the emulator channels look identical??

could spend some time making em different instead of all having the squares..

ur wad channel one looks good.. minus the guy on it.. tehskeen dude.. wad manager has nothign tod ow tih that website.. so maybe have sd card in middle instead of the guy

but overlall nice graphic work.. u got some talent..

actually, its the guy from wanikoko's site, not tehskeen.
http://translate.google.com/translate?u=ht...en&ie=UTF-8

That's kinda why its on every one of his apps. cIOS, etc etc.

also, the emulator ones look alike because They are supposed to. I linked to the topic where people voted for screen shots for them.

QUOTE(jono@home @ May 27 2009, 11:11 AM) great stuff, finally some forwarders that don't cause code dump's when exiting emulators...

any chance of a home brew browser forwarder ???

Yep, definitely, since I still have the logo I made for it from my old static channels. I just have to find an appropriate animation for it.

QUOTE(ThetaSigma10 @ May 27 2009, 03:58 AM) hey troy i love these channels. great work.

have you been to wiihacks.com? you should really post these over there. we would really appreciate it
biggrin.gif

Thete

(im wiihacks staff btw)

Hey, I remember you from my static channels thread. Yeah, sure. The site is down right now for me though.
http://www.wiihacks.com/

maybe its just you
unsure.gif
i dont think anyone else has had any trouble. btw in the animated backup loader (dvd) i really think the sound that plays is annoying. no offense
biggrin.gif

TroyTheZombie

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
LowKeyEnergy said:
thanks for all your work on these . i have about 7 of them on my front channel page and my wii looks like a million bucks .

i have just one blank tile for a channel to go , and even though it looks like you're calling it quits on the emu forwarders , is there any chance you could throw together a similarly styled forwarder for atari emulator ? for us old videogame heads , atari is the stuff childhood dreams are made of , and it just doesn't feel right to leave it uninvited to the part .

the running across the screen guy could be . . . pitfal guy ! or tron guy ! or . . . well , all stickmen basically look the same .

i'm sure i'm not the only one here that can name a handfull of favorite atari titles .

hmm, that i can.

I never owned an atari, but I did own an intellivision and collecovision, lol.

gringo13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TroyTheZombie said:
LowKeyEnergy said:

hmm, that i can.

I never owned an atari, but I did own an intellivision and collecovision, lol.

Hey TTZ, I registered for 2 reasons: one, to thank you for the awesome forwarder channels. They are spiffy as hell, and make my Wii menu look incredible.
I was also wondering if you could toss together a couple more for continuity's sake: one for Frodo (C64), one for Odyssey 2 and one for Lynx. I use these pretty often (specifically the C64) and would love a snazzy channel to sit alongside the rest of these. I can even help with selecting the games displayed in the background.
I hope this is possible; these channels are the best!

gringo13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TroyTheZombie said:
sure, just post a list of 12 games since I'm not familiar with these systems at all.

Wow, that was quick- and I am more than happy to oblige!

Commodore 64 channel Forwarder picks: (all game title screens can be found @ lemon64.com)
1. Bubble Bobble
2. Jumpman Junior
3. Captain Zzap
4. Mail Order Monsters
5. Wizball
6. Comic Bakery
7. Last Ninja 2
8. Lazy Jones
9. Great Giana Sisters
10. Bruce Lee
11. Hard Hat Mack
12. Impossible Mission

The character running across the bottom should be the Impossible Mission dude/ robot which can be found here in .gif form:
http://kofler.dot.at/c64/sprit_03.html

Working on odyssey and lynx now
smile.gif

TroyTheZombie

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Drihscol said:
i wish these would have a bit more, variation.

lol, well, there are plenty of other channels for these emulators out there, feel free to use those. I made them smiliar to have a unified look for all the emulator channels (you would think people would get that by looking at them, and the votes, lol)

gringo13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TroyTheZombie said:
alright. If I can find the roms needed, give me...hmmm...1 hour? that is if everything goes smoothly

Sounds good man- no rush or anything- I am getting kinda tired over here so I might have the lists for Odyssey2/ Lynx later tomorrow.
If you need some help with the Atari forwarder too, let me know- im happy to help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its very simple. Below the page, you will find an option to see the list of staff members.