Misc Trouble setting up Wifi Connection.

ProjectVirtue

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
just got to the town with the first gym and i figured i'll go and check up my friend code so my friends can add me and stuff. But then, my wifi wouldn't work. I have a wireless router. Its range can go up to 20 feet outside of my house! so i should have no problem accessing it 2 feet away right?
But it doesn't detect the DS. or vice versa. I looked around and apparently theres a manual set up thing for it. But i cant find it. The guides dont show how to get to it, Only once you get there and i know how to do the rest.

This is pokemon Pearl btw. But i have a feeling this'll be problematic for the rest of wifi compatibile games.
Can anyone help me? =(

ih8crouch

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Do you get an error message when the connection fails? type that in on the nintendowifi website then post that info as no one can probably help you at the moment as "it not connecting" is just a bit genric

ProjectVirtue

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do you get an error message when the connection fails? type that in on the nintendowifi website then post that info as no one can probably help you at the moment as "it not connecting" is just a bit genric

yeah. thats the error.

@sick wario: yeah, my ip looks like that. Like, if i can find a scree though that would let me configure my ip adress, subnetgateway and all that, then i can get mine to work with my router easily. But i cant even find the screen and i thought the ds was supposed to connect automatically to routers. I dont think mine has a password on it =\

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
I too am having troubles with the wifi
I have read every page on the NintendoWifi site, and tried everything it says (I am not a total noob at networking btw) and yet I still cannot get my DS to connect to the NintyWifi service, although the DS does detect the router just fine - and my wii works fine with the router though.
Tried whitelisting the MAC address, manual and automatic setting, WEP on/WEP off - everything either I or Nintendo can think of but STILL the damn thing won't work.

I've given up - I'll just use my Wii
grog.gif

(DS Wifi sucks "grapes"
lecture.gif
)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/PMCaXL2sGpc?si=jAKEK_yJL318jk17 lol