Hacking WIP [Trinket] [Rebug] [Others] SWITCHBOOT_UF2 / FUSEE_UF2 modchip software

popy

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
0.9.5 is coming. Nothing special just a bugfix.

Changelog:

***Affects users of the new USB strap
Removed delay from pulling out USB to sending payload - There was an issue where some users reported that upon fitting the strap, the SXOS boot menu booted every time.

I put the delay in to allow for damaged / faulty USB cables or if the cable was pulled out slowly. But it isn`t an issue. It isn`t needed.

So, removing the delay.

Thanks to @popy for testing and bringing it to my attention.

Being updated as we speak.

Thanks for adding the fix, i can confirm that 0.9.5 is working correctly on my switch.
Also the USB strap.

pOpY

Reactions: mattytrog

popy

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

Karcz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@mattytrog

I just finished my install and I am having some issues, hoping you might be able to help. I have a SwitchMe and did the 7 wire instal, I think the install went well. I ran it for a couple hours just to make sure everything was working before i started hacking.

So i grabbed the two UF2 files that were needed, "Trinket_Rebug_Both.uf2" and "TRINKET_REBUG_SIMPLE_UF2_V095.UF2". I installed them in that order. After that, reboot with and empty Fat32 sd card in the switch, and I get just a regular boot. No Hekate. A couple other strange things i noticed is that the Reset button will make the volume go up, and the battery seems to be draining faster.

I assume the volume going up by pressing the reset button is not right. I am almost certain i did not have that happening during my pre-testing, but i am not entirely sure. Any ideas would be helpful. thanks.

popy

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
@mattytrog

I just finished my install and I am having some issues, hoping you might be able to help. I have a SwitchMe and did the 7 wire instal, I think the install went well. I ran it for a couple hours just to make sure everything was working before i started hacking.

So i grabbed the two UF2 files that were needed, "Trinket_Rebug_Both.uf2" and "TRINKET_REBUG_SIMPLE_UF2_V095.UF2". I installed them in that order. After that, reboot with and empty Fat32 sd card in the switch, and I get just a regular boot. No Hekate. A couple other strange things i noticed is that the Reset button will make the volume go up, and the battery seems to be draining faster.

I assume the volume going up by pressing the reset button is not right. I am almost certain i did not have that happening during my pre-testing, but i am not entirely sure. Any ideas would be helpful. thanks.
When you press reset its normal that the volume goes up one step in horizon. Thats because switchboot is holiding the volume strap down for a short period of time.

Does you also see tge right joycon icon when pressing reset? (right joycon must be connected).

If not, your joycon/rcm strap is not correct.
Ill think that's the issue because thats why you didnt get into rcm mode.

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A6013 mit Tapatalk

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@mattytrog

OK... Let us take a look at your install.

You have a point incorrect or poorly soldered.

As @popy says, reset button making the volume go up is absolutely normal. It has to be. That is how the chip works. When your joycon is plugged in, it should show you a disconnected graphic too at the same time.

If you don`t see these things, you have a soldering problem.

The battery sems to be draining faster? Shouldn`t be. Quiesient current draw is absolutely tiny.

Please post a photo of your install ideally in the modchip thread.

Really this is the wrong thread. I`d encourage you to post a pic in that one because this is just software and not a hardware problem.

Thank you!

Dougiejones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi :)

since v0.9.5 it seems to me that my switch battery can't charge anymore from the outlet adapter...
gonna flash the v0.9.4_250ms back to see if it's better

popy

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

since v0.9.5 it seems to me that my switch battery can't charge anymore from the outlet adapter...

This hasnt worked for me with autoRCM when switch is powered off.
I am always charging when booted to horizon without an issue.

Do you charge when switch is off?

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Strange. I can charge fine.

In autoRCM, the console only seems to charge depending on the state of MAX77620 (and thus what its sending to BQ24193).

Seems a peculiar problem. I`ve deliberately ran my franken-switch dead flat and it has charged without issue.

Can you tell us more about how and when you are charging it Dougie?

Dougiejones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This hasnt worked for me with autoRCM when switch is powered off.
I am always charging when booted to horizon without an issue.

Do you charge when switch is off?

Yes i charge when switch is off and autoRCM is always disable.

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes i charge when switch is off and autoRCM is always disable.
The problem is due to RCM. You have all straps connected?

The switch has a slow charging rate when in RCM. If all straps are connected, RCM will be triggered every time. Charge when switched on.

Dougiejones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem is due to RCM. You have all straps connected?

The switch has a slow charging rate when in RCM. If all straps are connected, RCM will be triggered every time. Charge when switched on.

No. Not all i'm on a particular setup. The joycon strap is not soldered into the switch because i previous made
a joycon hardmod. You're right it's surely the slow charging when RCM.

EDIT 1: After let it a while charging with the wall outlet either switch completely off or onto Horizon my switch doesn't charge correctly...
The good news the battery's charge doesn't decrease too. I'm retrying to flash TRINKET_REBUG_SIMPLE_UF2_V0.9.4_250ms.UF2 to see if there will be differences.

EDIT 2:
V0.9.4_250ms.UF2 reflashed. Battery charge increase quite quickly as normal.

@mattytrog Did you add something new in the V0.9.5.UF2 other than the USB decreased delay ?
Already answered no.

@popy Did you flash the new SIMPLE_UF2_V095.UF2 of @mattytrog or did you stay on your custom SIMPLE_UF2_V094_250ms.UF2 ?

Last edited by Dougiejones,

Dougiejones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm suspecting some tiny's switch hardware differences between mine + @popy and @mattytrog's console.

In reference to the UF2 file size we talked. As yours @mattytrog is made of an entire read back.
For sure it couldn't be OFW's and or CFW's switch related.

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm suspecting some tiny's switch hardware differences between mine + @popy and @mattytrog's console.

In reference to the UF2 file size we talked. As yours @mattytrog is made of an entire read back.
For sure it couldn't be OFW's switch related.
Interesting... Will take a look when I get back home. But mine is working perfectly. Tested with joycon and both bootloader. Tested with a Samsung charger, Nintendo charger and the dock.

I'll do some digging when I get in around 7pm UK time

Dougiejones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you would i'll make a summary of my hard\soft tests and what is good and not for me ?
What could be cool is to have more feedbacks from other members

Dougiejones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The issue can only be the internal pulldown resistor which I enabled to stop capacitive touch. Will fix when I get back.

Hint... Change INPUT_PULLDOWN to INPUT

Ok i'm staying tuned for tests. Habit has been taken to invoke Trinket M0 bootloader mode when console closed. I have to aim and push the tact switch near the big "S" logo lol :rofl2:

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok i'm staying tuned for tests. Habit has been taken to invoke Trinket M0 bootloader mode when console closed. I have to aim and push the tact switch near the big "S" logo lol :rofl2:
That's what it is anyway. This is why it's a beta!

Oh well... Ready for 1.00 soon ;)

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Right... 0.9.6 coming.

Changelog:

***The USB strap again...

There have been odd reports that charging is slower with the strap fitted on 0.9.5. I have tested this on 2 switches. 1 seemed to charge normally, the others charging did indeed seem slower.

Upon testing, this is due to the usb strap input which I changed to use the built-in pulldown resistor. I only changed it in the first place because it was relying on a capacitive pin. If connected, these are fine. However, if they are left floating (not connected) you can get phantom actions as these sense capacitance on the line. So anything can set it off.

So... Changed the following...
  • Placed a new run_once routine that will check for the strap on a fresh flash. If present, will enable the strap control code, if not there, will remain disabled. To enable, reflash the UF2 once you have fitted your strap. I named it run_once for a reason. Doesn`t need checking every boot ;)
  • Changed the sense pin back to capacitive. All is good.
OP being updated as we speak.

Reactions: hippy dave and popy

popy

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Right... 0.9.6 coming.

Changelog:

***The USB strap again...

There have been odd reports that charging is slower with the strap fitted on 0.9.5. I have tested this on 2 switches. 1 seemed to charge normally, the others charging did indeed seem slower.

Upon testing, this is due to the usb strap input which I changed to use the built-in pulldown resistor. I only changed it in the first place because it was relying on a capacitive pin. If connected, these are fine. However, if they are left floating (not connected) you can get phantom actions as these sense capacitance on the line. So anything can set it off.

So... Changed the following...
  • Placed a new run_once routine that will check for the strap on a fresh flash. If present, will enable the strap control code, if not there, will remain disabled. To enable, reflash the UF2 once you have fitted your strap. I named it run_once for a reason. Doesn`t need checking every boot ;)
  • Changed the sense pin back to capacitive. All is good.
OP being updated as we speak.
Will try tomorrow and report back.
Thx

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A6013 mit Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/NGOSybO-5R4?si=SmiQ0UaynHR80xC9