Hacking WIP [Trinket] [Rebug] [Others] SWITCHBOOT_UF2 / FUSEE_UF2 modchip software

Dougiejones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Soft bricked? What is it doing now? Will you post a picture of your install please Dougie

Everythings returned to normal after a long power pressed button. Of course i'll post pictures of my setup but i'm new and i still don't know how (the Noob lol).
I have to go now for a while meantime let the switch off and charging. Come back later cheers

Last edited by Dougiejones,

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Everythings returned to normal after a long power pressed button. Of course i'll post pictures of my setup but i'm new and i still don't know how (the Noob lol).
I have to go now for a while meantime let the switch off and charging. Come back later cheers
Just a thought... You do have sleep libraries installed? If you don`t, it will soft-brick upon sleep.

Dougiejones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Switch_Right_Joycon_Hardmod_1.JPG Switch_Right_Joycon_Hardmod_2.JPGSwitch_Right_Joycon_Hardmod_3.JPG back_console_shielded.JPG back_console_shielded_ZOOMED.JPG back_console_unshielded.JPG back_console_unshielded_ZOOMED.JPG VOL+_Strap.JPG

I'm sure that's not the right thread to post pictures but i haven't got the "attachment" option

Reactions: mattytrog

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh no dude. I didn't know that was mandatory

It is if you are booting cfw from hekate. If booting payload.bin, you shouldn't need it

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nice job that Dougie looking on a phone screen.

You need some kapton tape covering your solder points up to finish it.

Last edited by mattytrog,

Dougiejones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is if you are booting cfw from hekate. If booting payload.bin, you shouldn't need it

whew i thought i forgot something...By the way as come back and let the switch off charged for a while and then unplugged USB its waking up now. It seems the 10 seconds trick's made it ;)
TRINKET_REBUG_SIMPLE_UF2_V096.UF2 validated by my side @mattytrog you're the one :switch:

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
whew i thought i forgot something...By the way as come back and let the switch off charged for a while and then unplugged USB its waking up now. It seems the 10 seconds trick's made it ;)
TRINKET_REBUG_SIMPLE_UF2_V096.UF2 validated by my side @mattytrog you're the one :switch:
Very kind of you Dougie. Keep up the testing! If any further issues are found let me know!

Reactions: Dougiejones

Dougiejones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice job that Dougie looking on a phone screen.

You need some kapton tape covering your solder points up to finish it.

Thank you mate. For once Dougie's not looking on a coffee lol
If you look closer you will see that the Trinket M0 based on Kapton tape to prevent heat and impedance on the long term ;)

Dougiejones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep. Nice job what I can see. Should serve you for many years :)

THX again but you made the thing and if it could serve for others. I hope it will last for a while but this freaking tact switch nerves me a lot...I have to do something. Either to put some glue tape over it to make it upper or replace it with a taller one.

P.S. : Admin feel free to move my setup pictures to the right place. Thank you.

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
THX again but you made the thing . I hope it will last for a while but this freaking tact switch nerves me a lot...I have to do something. Either to put some glue tape over it to make it upper or replace it with a taller one.

P.S. : Admin feel free to move my setup pictures to the right place. Thank you.
Pictures should be ok here

i would have thought so :)

Dougiejones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@mattytrog : i don't want to spam but as you are here : during my tests and manipulations suddenly the Homebrew Channel appeared and quite sticky lol I can't remembered what've i done...
But for sure i didn't install it as an additional file. Any idea ?

EDIT 1: After a look in my microSD a new folder appeared :
  • config\nx-hbmenu\fileassoc\*empty*
  • \themes\*empty*
I don't understand there must be a God in the Shell lol

EDIT 2 : I've found it. This was not the Homebrew Channel that appeared but the HBMenu v3.0.0.
In SX OS Horizon : highlight "Album" then press and held button "R" and validate with button "A"

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@mattytrog : i don't want to spam but as you are here : during my tests and manipulations suddenly the Homebrew Channel appeared and quite sticky lol I can't remembered what've i done...
But for sure i didn't install it as an additional file. Any idea ?
You must have installed it as an nsp. On hole screen, select it with the cursor then press the + button. Go to data management and remove software

Dougiejones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You must have installed it as an nsp. On hole screen, select it with the cursor then press the + button. Go to data management and remove software

No. No. Really trust me i never had installed any nsp nor nro at all...never...
It's crazy. I think i pressed the Home Button / + button for a long time but i'm not sure...
It was like combo shortcut. It has probably to deals with Hekate

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No. No. Really trust me i never had installed any nsp at all...never...
It's crazy. I think i pressed the Home Button for a long time but i'm not sure...
No. No. Really trust me i never had installed any nsp at all...never...
It's crazy. I think i pressed the Home Button for a long time but i'm not sure...
Very strange. I'm sure I've no idea.

I'll see if I can replicate it later

Dougiejones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very strange. I'm sure I've no idea.

I'll see if I can replicate it later

Me too. Keep the good work up. Cheers

EDIT 1: After a look in my microSD a new folder appeared :
  • config\nx-hbmenu\fileassoc\*empty*
  • \themes\*empty*
I don't understand there must be a God in the Shell lol

EDIT 2 : I've found it. This was not the Homebrew Channel that appeared but the HBMenu v3.0.0.
In SX OS Horizon : highlight "Album" then press and held button "R" and validate with button "A"

Karcz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you press reset its normal that the volume goes up one step in horizon. Thats because switchboot is holiding the volume strap down for a short period of time.

Does you also see tge right joycon icon when pressing reset? (right joycon must be connected).

If not, your joycon/rcm strap is not correct.
Ill think that's the issue because thats why you didnt get into rcm mode.

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A6013 mit Tapatalk

Had a chance to test this. I am not getting the Joycon disconnect when hitting the reset. Looks like I have a problem with that strap. I’ll open it back up and see what happened. Thanks for the tip.

OK... Let us take a look at your install.

You have a point incorrect or poorly soldered.

As @popy says, reset button making the volume go up is absolutely normal. It has to be. That is how the chip works. When your joycon is plugged in, it should show you a disconnected graphic too at the same time.

If you don`t see these things, you have a soldering problem.

The battery sems to be draining faster? Shouldn`t be. Quiesient current draw is absolutely tiny.

Please post a photo of your install ideally in the modchip thread.

Really this is the wrong thread. I`d encourage you to post a pic in that one because this is just software and not a hardware problem.

Thank you!

Sorry about the thread. I originally though it was the software. I thought maybe the .95 update was not working properly.

Ok new question.

When I update to 0.96. So I install both uf2 files again or just the simple uf2?

Reactions: popy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo