Hacking triiforce mrc

NamoNakamura

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a small feature request...

Can you make it possible to view the 4-letter ID of each game? I have some lesser-known games that have no pictures readily available and I'd like to make some images.

Starblade
Cybersled
Splatterhouse
Solvalou

Also, can you make it possible to delete a program from the emulated NAND? I've got some programs up there and I don't know how to get rid of them.

pluotnick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
can someone give me a quick rundown on the differences between triifroce_mrc and mrc_ss ?
I am currently using ss, because of the usb feature, but now that mrc is using usb too, i am puzzled at what their differences are.

is it the 4x3 icons?

Sinyk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SS was a mod that myself and Smyers75 made to include a few bug fixes, console specific loading options and USB only operation to allow for image loading and config load/saving from a usb device.

wichoxp

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
@ marc_max:
It seems you left some "cosmetic" issue on mrc v9: Just after pressing "A" button to enter to any game, the triiforce's log appears in the whole screen
wacko.gif
... did you forgot something on the code ^^ ?

@ kallstar:
When you release your SS version, could you add the auto-start a specific game-type option? It could be great for people who like fast-access methods, hehe
cool.gif
!

Also, I tried "widescreen mode" in a 16:9 TV but there are some black bars at both sides of the application (no full maximization on the left and right sides)... is that normal?

@ Any triiforce_mrc developer:
It could be great if someday some of these stuff can be done:
- Background music (like usb-loader gx does).
- A hand-pointer for the wiimote (just for a better game browsing).

See ya!

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
NamoNakamura said:
I've got a small feature request...

Can you make it possible to view the 4-letter ID of each game? I have some lesser-known games that have no pictures readily available and I'd like to make some images.

Starblade
Cybersled
Splatterhouse
Solvalou

Also, can you make it possible to delete a program from the emulated NAND? I've got some programs up there and I don't know how to get rid of them.
Push HOME button and you will see the ID.

You can uninstall titles with ShowMiiWads.

Yod4z

Trophies
XP
Country
France
i try the V9 but when i laucnhe the game it seams to launch with force NTSC (i'm on PAL) even on PAL games. After the game launch my wiimotes can't be detected. With V7 i don't have this prob

Is it possible to configure the images load method (USB or SD)? it load from USB and cant' see my images placed on SD.

wichoxp

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
Yod4z said:
i try the V9 but when i laucnhe the game it seams to launch with force NTSC (i'm on PAL) even on PAL games. After the game launch my wiimotes can't be detected. With V7 i don't have this prob
Mhhh... it seems V9 is buggy
unsure.gif

QUOTEIs it possible to configure the images load method (USB or SD)? it load from USB and cant' see my images placed on SD.
Agree. Maybe kallstar (or marc's V10?) could add that feature on the mrc's sub-menu too
smile.gif
!...

See ya!

BiPoLaR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
marc_max said:
I'll be updating the image repository. I want to update all my N64 games to the new format:
NARP.png
Will there be an up-to-date image pack available on page 1 or is there somewhere else to get the most current pack?

thanks a lot for this!
smile.gif

BiPoLaR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiiware isos work for me in usbloader gx. make sure to add the "Forwarders" folder, which contains the dol's, to your SD card.

ps- I'm still on v8. So if that doesn't work.. maybe put that folder on both your SD and USB.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I think I've found a bug (and solution).
Here's my situation: I have a NAND dump on USB and the triiforce_mrc on my SD card. Version 7 as well as version 9 (kallstar's greenscreenfix version) refused to save the settings for individual games. For some reason, version 8 never had that.

I also had problems gettig images to show up...until I moved the folder from "sd:/triiforce_mrc/" to "usb:/triiforce_mrc/". That's when both the images started to load as when the changes I've made also got saved. Upon checking, I found that the configuration was actually saved to the usb/triiforce_mrc/ version as well. In addition, I found the configuration file from version 8 in the root folder of sd.

My guess is that version 8 had a check for the configuration file that went kinda "if folders sd:/triiforce_mrc/ or usb:/triiforce_mrc/ exist: write the configuration there. If not, just dump any changes on sd:\". Version 9 (greenscreenfix version) doesn't seem to have that check. If the folder usb:/triiforce_mrc folder doesn't exist, it simply doesn't save the configuration*.

...but other than that, I must say it works great.
yaywii.gif

@kazoo: nice to hear it works for you. Do homebrew forwarders work as well now?
smile.gif

Oh, and also...shouldn't that be a "triiforwarders" folder in the SD card? (I only know triistar's program, so I might be wrong).

*note: this is probably too simplistic. I haven't looked at the code itself. I can only say that the program behaves in this way in this specific situation.

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kallstar said:
Hi guys,

The old forwarders are now history. I created a new complete NTSC-U Forwarder set that should now work in USB Loader GX as well. These forwarders are 2stage forwarders. The iso will load a dol file in usb/Forwarder/Wiiware/xxxx.dol which will then load the wiiware title. These are the more advanced forwarders that should hopefully be future proof incase major changes are made to triiforce. Because instead of having to recreate all the iso's AGAIN, a simple batch file could be used to create new dols for the forwarder/wiiware folder. Both the dol and forwarder iso needs to be present on the hdd for these new forwarder iso's to function. Bellow is a pack with the folder structure you should see on the root of your hdd.

Individual forwarder iso's will take a while for me to get up because it will require a lot of moving around. The old forwarders can still be found in my mediafire shares and i will leave the mirrors up but its advisable that everyone switch over to the new ones. Also the old ones seem to be broken with cios38rev17 but these new ones work great
smile.gif

I'm also pretty sure that the combination of cios38rev17 slightly increases wiiware compatibility. I was able to start Adventure Island The Beginning without it freezing but i'm not sure if it was due to the updated cios.

These new forwarders also seemed to compress better.
smile.gif

The TitleIDs now also have WW- added in it so even if you choose not to paste the wiiware names to the end of your titles.txt file it should still show up at the bottom of your games list with ww- infront. In addition to this the folders are also named in a manner which give configurable USB Loader the full name since there is a character limit for iso names.

My Main Mediafire Share folder
Proper NTSC-U WiiWare Only Triiforce Forwarder ISO's 2parts - 182mb total
(Proper NTSC-U WiiWare Only Triiforce Forwarder ISOs 01.18.2010.part1.rar
(Proper NTSC-U WiiWare Only Triiforce Forwarder ISOs 01.18.2010.part2.rar
Mirrors

Enjoy,

Kallstar

I've got this setup with USB Loader GX now on my fat partition and they all show up and music plays etc but i cannot boot games from GX i get a black screen, but when i load them from triiforce it runs just fine, using rev 913 of GX and cIOS 249 rev17. Is there somthing else im missing?

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
GX cannot boot ANY forwarder ISO's, this has been asked and answered a million times, there is even a description as to why GX wont boot Forwarder ISO's by giantpune

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pepxl said:
GX cannot boot ANY forwarder ISO's, this has been asked and answered a million times, there is even a description as to why GX wont boot Forwarder ISO's by giantpune

Thanks for the info, I thought that got fixed with his new forwarders but appearently not... Thanks

scullymcgee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a guide to using the Wiiware iso and forwarders...im very confused?
I added the iso to my wbfs drive. they show up in USB loader gx(used the new forwarders that are compatible) then added the forwarders to my sd card in forwarders/wiiware.
Usbloader gx comes up witha screen that essentially says it cant find .dols

Also do I need triiforce for it to work using the forwarders?

Please a little expaliantion.
I am using Triiforce as a channel and running most of the wads off sd emulation. But of course strong bad and monkey island games dont work this way.
so I thought I'd try the wiiware iso but I guess I am missing something.

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pepxl said:
Your wrong, the new forwarders mentioned above do work with GX you just have to have a copy of the /Forwarders on the SD for it to work.

explained on page 32 and 33 of this thread.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
ChokeD said:
pepxl said:
Your wrong, the new forwarders mentioned above do work with GX you just have to have a copy of the /Forwarders on the SD for it to work.

i stand corrected then, which ISO's are the working ones then?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol