Hacking triiforce mrc

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
v6 fixes the SD problem and adds an option to select your reboot way (HBC or System Menu). You can only change it when you are going to save your configuration to SD.

callmebob said:
@ longtom1, Damn! You´re my new BFF! That worked, but I still have the problem with the last page.

The worst thing (right now) with the last page crash is bit trip core is on my last page.

Hope I can figure out how to properly sort the games. Maybe I can move any/all crap games to the last page!
Maybe you have a lot of games and it can load so many images. Can you tell me if deleting the banners solve your problem?

Meanwhile, you can edit the triiforce_mrc.cfg file and change the order of your games there. But be careful, because you will need a text editor that saves the carriage return as a byte, notepad saves it as two bytes (I think) and then the file won't be compatible with triiforce mrc. You can do it with any hex editor too.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi,
i made a little change to TriiForce that could have an effect on nand emulation compatilbity. I moved the ISFS init behind the enable nand emu command. I thought you might want to test this as well.

tater42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tater42 said:
v5 code dumps on me when I run emulation from the nand on my internal SD card.
But if I copy the nand to a usb stick and run from usb-nand, everything works fine.

Dunno if it matters, but the original triiforce works fine with everything on my internal SD.

Does anyone have a link to the old v4 version so I can see if it's the loading of images from SD using the ISFS commands that's killing me?

BTW great app.

I found v4 hosted on some asian site, and verified that it works fine when emulating nand from the SD card.

But now v6 is out, so I'll try that tonight which I'm sure will work fine.

Thanks for the updates... this is a great tool. Right up there with the usb loaders.

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
Hi,
i made a little change to TriiForce that could have an effect on nand emulation compatilbity. I moved the ISFS init behind the enable nand emu command. I thought you might want to test this as well.
Yes, I made all the changes you made to r66 except the printfs. Thank you for your advice anyway
smile.gif

By the way... Why you created a new command for printing text on screen? Is anything related to what happened to me when I changed the console size?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's for the paramter support. It allows to safely disable all printfs when autobooting games. (in theory, didn't test the paramter stuff)

callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@ marc_max.

I did what you said (I removed all the banners!), and I no longer have the problem with the last page crashing!

I have 118 .png images in that folder. Would be cool if you could "fix" this in a future release.

And thanx for the awesome app.

(edit) p.s. What is the current maximum number of images allowed?

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for adding the return to wii menu and the update. However I was hoping someone know how to make it try to return to hbc and if not found then restarts before code dumping. But it was easy to change in the source so I do like what you have done. Next you say you changed all that they changed in rev66 aka triiforce 8, however yours still says triiforce 7 so is every thing the same as rev66 except for the print change and the triiformce 8 change. I just want to know if I can add more then 255 titles or not. Can this be set up to display boxart when the page is turned and not all at once to fix the to many icons brake last page turn thing. Thanks Again.
PS and idea how I can get the nes sega gesesis and so forth display with the red blue and green cables. Thats all thanks.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Royusmc said:
Thanks for adding the return to wii menu and the update. However I was hoping someone know how to make it try to return to hbc and if not found then restarts before code dumping. [...]

That's what TriiForce is doing. Exit to HBC if possible, if not restart.

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
callmebob said:
@ marc_max.

I did what you said (I removed all the banners!), and I no longer have the problem with the last page crashing!

I have 118 .png images in that folder. Would be cool if you could "fix" this in a future release.

And thanx for the awesome app.

(edit) p.s. What is the current maximum number of images allowed?
I don't know the maximum number, it can vary.
But you can get the number by counting the number of pages and the titles per page (3x3)
smile.gif

QUOTE(Royusmc @ Oct 17 2009, 06:41 PM) Thanks for adding the return to wii menu and the update. However I was hoping someone know how to make it try to return to hbc and if not found then restarts before code dumping. But it was easy to change in the source so I do like what you have done. Next you say you changed all that they changed in rev66 aka triiforce 8, however yours still says triiforce 7 so is every thing the same as rev66 except for the print change and the triiformce 8 change. I just want to know if I can add more then 255 titles or not. Can this be set up to display boxart when the page is turned and not all at once to fix the to many icons brake last page turn thing. Thanks Again.
PS and idea how I can get the nes sega gesesis and so forth display with the red blue and green cables. Thats all thanks.
triiforce mrc never had a title limit.
And also, even if you didn't know that... I said that it has the same changes from r66 then it should mean that it doesn't have the 255 title limit. It's obvious.

I'll fix the images loading in a far future. It's not a prority now, I don't think no one here bought more than 100 titles in Wii Shop.

callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just D/L v6 and the current image pack, and everything shows up fine, and no last page crash!!

Haven´t yet tried playing anything, just loading the app. Will have to try adding games some other time.

for the time being, I´m going to try a few of the games, and if any problems come up, I´ll report them!!
smileipb2.png

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Royusmc said:
Thanks for adding the return to wii menu and the update. However I was hoping someone know how to make it try to return to hbc and if not found then restarts before code dumping. But it was easy to change in the source so I do like what you have done. Next you say you changed all that they changed in rev66 aka triiforce 8, however yours still says triiforce 7 so is every thing the same as rev66 except for the print change and the triiformce 8 change. I just want to know if I can add more then 255 titles or not. Can this be set up to display boxart when the page is turned and not all at once to fix the to many icons brake last page turn thing. Thanks Again.
Wow I am sorry for what I said. After reading it to myself it dose make my thank alittle more before I type. I realy just wanted to thank you for this update and find out if there were any limits on games displayed as I read someone had a problem with that. But your wright I can't see anyone having 100 games as I only have 16 myself. I just realy like this app and need it as I am trying to do away with the wii system menu. Well thanks again and sorry if I made someone thank that I was not 100% happy with the new triiforce mrc.

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I used SimpeFS Dumper and copied ALL folders to root. Im getting an error message saying it's unable to load title list. Im using an 8gb SDHC, as far as I've read SDHC is supported so does anybody have any suggestions? Forgot to mention, that it code dumps after the error message

Cmurda187

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

slingshot27

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
wichoxp said:
slingshot27 said:
slingshot27 said:
Is there a forwarder which loads the dol from USB?
No one an answer?
There's a new Channel if you want it
wink.gif
! ...
http://uploading.com/files/348cm2dm/triiforce_mrc_v6.wad/
Channel ID: TFOR

Video preview:

See ya
cool.gif
!
This is cool. Thank you. What is the difference between a channel and a forwarder? If I install the channel will it load from usb:/apps/triiforcemrc so updates can be placed there?

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow this is awesome. Has anyone made images for homebrew applications / emulators? (Edit: or with a couple official channels like Internet and Mii?) This would be a good system menu replacement for me I think, just with preloader to autoboot it.

One little tiny issue I got is that the return to HBC command gave me a stack dump. Is it looking for the older HAXX title id?

Edit 2: Not sure what I was thinking, Internet Channel and Mii Channel and those sorts of things are pretty much ignored by this.

wichoxp

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
Cmurda187 said:
Service unavailible could you upload to Megauplad or somethin similar
I checked the service. It's working fine right now
smile.gif
!

slingshot27 said:
This is cool. Thank you. What is the difference between a channel and a forwarder? If I install the channel will it load from usb:/apps/triiforcemrc so updates can be placed there?
- Channel: installs the DOL file in the wii-NAND. You must overwrite the .wad file when a new version comes out. It doesn't support forwarding since banner (opening.bnr) get an update on each new version.
- Forwarder: looks for the DOL file in the app's folder.

QUOTE(jhoff80 @ Oct 18 2009, 01:28 PM)
One little tiny issue I got is that the return to HBC command gave me a stack dump. Is it looking for the older HAXX title id?
If you are using the channel version:
- Press "HOME" button on game selection menu.
- Choose "SD Save Settings" and it will ask you about the exit method.
- Choose "Return to Wii Menu" option.

See ya
toot.gif
!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: