Hacking triiforce mrc

twig123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks!

What is the Title ID for the "Star Parodier" that you have? (is your's "QAWE"?)
Only one I can find is "QAWL", which the L indicates is an import for Europe (PAL)

beav1s

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twig123 said:
Thanks!

What is the Title ID for the "Star Parodier" that you have? (is your's "QAWE"?)
Only one I can find is "QAWL", which the L indicates is an import for Europe (PAL)
QAWN

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I please get you to put up one that auto boots usb with return to wii menu. Mine code dumps when I select return to hbc so I need one like v1 to v3. Thanks for any help.

tater42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v5 code dumps on me when I run emulation from the nand on my internal SD card.
But if I copy the nand to a usb stick and run from usb-nand, everything works fine.

Dunno if it matters, but the original triiforce works fine with everything on my internal SD.

Does anyone have a link to the old v4 version so I can see if it's the loading of images from SD using the ISFS commands that's killing me?

BTW great app.

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way we can get the source code for v3 with auto boot. I just need to know how to get this to return to hbc the old way. thanks. Also can you just let us know what to change to the source to make it auto boot usb.
Alright 1 down and 1 to go. If you want it to auto boot usb in source/main.c on line 57 change
#define AUTOMATIC_USB_MODE faulse
to
#define AUTOMATIC_USB_MODE 1
The 1 makes it auto boot usb. I kept trying ture but after reading though the file I scene where it said to auto boot select 1 or something. So please can you tell me how to change the return to hbc back as it was in rev 3. Thanks.

thmailla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The PNG pack is only for VC games.
Is it possible to make a pack for WiiWare with PNG in 192*112 or to modify the mrc for displaying covers like this

1nv1z7-vCrC9ve48Zh-j_kHn3r8sV85J.jpg

source of covers
http://wehackwii.pbworks.com/Wiiware1

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow I thank it is time for v6 triiforce is now r66 which removes the 255 limit and fixes the exit problem.
Well after texting it still has a problem with returning to the hbc if started from a forwarder. So PLEASE can you make to copys of v6 one to restart the wii on exit and one to go back to the hbc, As always thanks.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Royusmc said:
Wow I thank it is time for v6 triiforce is now r66 which removes the 255 limit and fixes the exit problem.
Well after texting it still has a problem with returning to the hbc if started from a forwarder. So PLEASE can you make to copys of v6 one to restart the wii on exit and one to go back to the hbc, As always thanks.

When you start it from a forwarder, it's not supposed to return to the HBC, because it didn't come from there. Do you say that TriiForce or the mod(or both?) is not doing what it's expected to do on exit?

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Royusmc said:

When you start it from a forwarder, it's not supposed to return to the HBC, because it didn't come from there. Do you say that TriiForce or the mod(or both?) is not doing what it's expected to do on exit?
Thank you for asking, both the triiforce and gui is not returning to hbc when started from a forwarder. on rev46 of triiforce at the bottom of the main.c file they have
}

Print("Press any button\n");
waitforbuttonpress(NULL, NULL);

if (!exitworks)
{
SYS_ResetSystem(SYS_RETURNTOMENU, 0, 0);
}
return 0;
}
I don't know if this one works because I updated to devkitpro ppc18 I thank it is and now compiling some times dose not work right. So I hope you can help as I will keep trying to work on this however I know you guys are alot better at this then I am. I just want it to restart the wii if return to hbc fails. Thanks

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Royusmc said:
WiiPower said:
Royusmc said:

Thank you for asking, both the triiforce and gui is not returning to hbc when started from a forwarder. on rev46 of triiforce at the bottom of the main.c file they have
}

Print("Press any button\n");
waitforbuttonpress(NULL, NULL);

if (!exitworks)
{
}
return 0;
}
I don't know if this one works because I updated to devkitpro ppc18 I thank it is and now compiling some times dose not work right. So I hope you can help as I will keep trying to work on this however I know you guys are alot better at this then I am. I just want it to restart the wii if return to hbc fails. Thanks
I have got the gui to compile and with a little change to the bottom of the main.c file I have got it to restart the wii again. However now it dose not return to the hbc it just restarts the wii. Well the change is this.
if(!realNandMode)
Disable_Emu();
printf("\n\n* Returning to HBC...");
return 0;
}
Now I know you guys can do better then this but I am doing my best.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Any idea why the wiimote just shuts off and never reconnects after launching a game? I tried Megaman 9 and Majora's Mask, and the wiimote just shuts off until I reboot the Wii.

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
callmebob said:
Can anyone help me? How come normal TriiForce recognizes all the games on my usb drive, but triiforce mrc doesn´t?

I´m so confused.
wacko.gif
same here but from my sd card

Update found a fix start it and then use real nand and then press the home button when the games or channels appear and go down and press save settings to sd card and then quit to hbc and then reload the app and choose sd nand and it works :-)

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Royusmc said:
Maybe not every time I start rev66 and run usb emulation it code dumps. It dose code dump every time just a lot.
I don't under stand it but I have tryed all the way back to rev 63 and I still get a code dump. But I know this gui is based on rev64 and it dose not code dump at all. So maybe updating will be fine. Thanks.

callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@ longtom1, Damn! You´re my new BFF! That worked, but I still have the problem with the last page.

The worst thing (right now) with the last page crash is bit trip core is on my last page.

Hope I can figure out how to properly sort the games. Maybe I can move any/all crap games to the last page!

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
callmebob said:
@ longtom1, Damn! You´re my new BFF! That worked, but I still have the problem with the last page.

The worst thing (right now) with the last page crash is bit trip core is on my last page.

Hope I can figure out how to properly sort the games. Maybe I can move any/all crap games to the last page!
just press 1 or 2 on any game and it gives you the options at the bottom

callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thnx longtom1, but I can´t figure out how to move or swap any "channels". Even if I could, when I try to move something to the last page it would crash anyway.

I´m happy with the help you gave, now I´ll sit back and wait for improvements and complete image sets.

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I thank that when you save changes to sd, that it dose not save to sd. And it saves to the device that the emulation is runing on and that is why when I run triiforce beta 7 it no longer works. So where dose this save to. I know it saves a config file in triiforc mrc folder. But that config file dose not have the game changes just a list of game id's. So dose it save like in a save game way and I just need to delete all the saved games on the usb hard drive backup nand folder. I don't know but it is geting late so I am asking for help on this one and maybe by the time I get up in the mornning I will have an anser. Good Night triiforce mrc team.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: