XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I haven't tried the 3rd version, the 2nd one worked fine for me. When I get home I'll test out this version. If it doesn't work for me then maybe there's something wrong with the app (I kind of doubt it though, marc seems to know what he's doing, but we all make mistakes).

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
marc_mrx still make a vc tpl display version or a hybrid version, just check if its a normal VC title if so load the tpl, else load the jpg/png from sd card

C

cloudspear

Work fine with my 2gb SD card but it doesn't work in my 8gb SDHC card. I guess there is no SDHC support yet.

slingshot27

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi,

I want to play WiiWare games running from my USB HD.
I think this is the right tool for it. But I can not find any(small) tutorial how to get started.

Can someone tell me how to get started.
I have a working USBLoader GX with runs the wii backups from the harddisk.

The first partition in the harddisk the WBPS partition.
The secont parition is the FAT 32 partition.

I would love the play WiiWare games.

Thanx for your support !

0M39A

Trophies
XP
Country
works great here
biggrin.gif

a great feature to have would be a autodownloader for covers for the games, mainly because im lazy and cant be bothered finding them all myself
wink.gif

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
nicksasa said:
marc_mrx still make a vc tpl display version or a hybrid version, just check if its a normal VC title if so load the tpl, else load the jpg/png from sd card
Yes, I like the idea. But I prefer to load first the customized image from SD card, if it's not found then try to load the TPL. Unfortunately I have no time now for this, I hope the new version 4 works better for everyone because I don't think I'll touch the code anymore.
cloudspear said:
Work fine with my 2gb SD card but it doesn't work in my 8gb SDHC card. I guess there is no SDHC support yet.
Please try the new v4 with your SDHC, I changed the SD mount/unmount method.
QUOTE(WiiPower @ Oct 9 2009, 11:36 PM)
Figured out yet how to load the images from the same device the nand emu is running on?
Well... I only read images from SD and I solved it by: enabling NAND emu, load games then disabling NAND emulation so I can mount the SD again. When you push A to play a game, then it unmounts the SD and enables NAND emulation again. It works great, at least for me.
The same method could be used if you want to load images from USB.
I have not tested the ocarina option, but maybe with the original code we can't load codes from the device the NAND emulator is running on. So the idea would be: before activating codes, disable NAND emulator, load codes from the device and save them on memory, then unmount the device and enable NAND emulation.

Another thing I did to the original code is to disable NAND emu before exiting, because it froze for me when I tried to exit Triiforce without playing a game. Now I don't have to use the reboot system function and it returns to the HBC correctly.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You can't unmount usb, lol.

What does the nand emu do? Think about it, and you have THE solution for that problem.

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
lol just do if nand_emu is enabled, use ISFS commands to read the png files
smile.gif
thats a much cleaner way thy mounting/unmounting the whole time

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
nicksasa said:
smile.gif
Oh, the ignorance... I didn't know I could use these commands outside the Wii FS.
Thank you
smile.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
marc_max said:
nicksasa said:
smile.gif
Oh, the ignorance... I didn't know I could use these commands outside the Wii FS.
Thank you
smile.gif

I think you still don't understand. Enable the nand emu, and then just read the pics from nand. (for nand device = pic device)

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
just use libfat when normal nand is used, if ANY emulation is enabled, use ISFS commands instead of the fat one's as the "fat" device is mounted as nand, you can acces all files on sd trough nand acces commands
wink.gif

slingshot27

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have the following problems, hope someone can helo me.

1. When running everything from USB HD (nand emulator and triiforce) I do not see the images which are on the USB (not the SD). Is it possible to have triiforce mrc read the images from USB instead of SD?
2. How do I quite a game. When I push the home button on the remote and choose wii menu the wii hangs. I have to reboot it
3. I can only install one wad at a time through the Wad 1.5. On the second one it give the error -1024.
4. Is there a forwarder channel for this triiforce mrc?

Hope to here some answers.

Thanx!

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
marc_max said:
nicksasa said:
smile.gif
Thank you
smile.gif

I think you still don't understand. Enable the nand emu, and then just read the pics from nand. (for nand device = pic device)
Yes, I understood it.

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have started using this on v3 and loved it. However v4 brings even more, but on v3 I was able to go back to the app I ran the app from. You see I use usb loader gx to start this app from a frowarder channel and now when I select to return to the hbc it code dumps. Before it just restarted the wii which preloader then started usb loader gx. For me this is some thing I will need to fix. I will try a better forwarder like the one I use for genplus. however if we could just use the way you did it in v3 then it would make this work better for me. Again thanks for this awsome app.

span

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just wanted to thank you for this marc_max, love the GUI, looks really nice & easy to make your own banners.
Also thanks to Nicksasa, The Lemon Man, WiiPower and Empyr69er for there hard work on Triiforce.

Tested on over 100 titles, Spot On!

see pics below (soz for blurry pics took on my fone, usb gecko broke):

DSC00112.jpg

DSC00113.jpg

Thanks again, Kind Regards, SPAN...
biggrin.gif

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not sure where to put this but when I am using the hd cables for the wii and try to play nes or othere games I can't see the game unless I press the home button on the wii remote. Then if I close out of the home menu the games video go's away again. However n64, wii ware, work fine with hd cables aka the green, bue and red cables. So is this something that can be fixed. I have tryed swiching the video mode but dose not seem to change much. Thanks for any help.
PS when I use the real wii nand's to run nes games they played fine, however when I used the usb nand's the video gos away. So dose anyone have any advice. Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: LOL