Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
longtom1 said:
marc_max said:
Dent said:
Could someone make an auto sd load version for v9 of Triiforce MRC? I don't believe one exists like there is for version 7.
rev10 will have an auto SD version too
smile.gif
are you waiting for the release of rev20 to see if there are any changes need to be made??
No. I already have a rev20 beta and everything is ready.
I want to do more tests before releasing it. It will be very soon.

Digital1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
marc_max said:
No. I already have a rev20 beta and everything is ready.
I want to do more tests before releasing it. It will be very soon.

Very cool. I tried using uLoader for my backup VC titles but Triiforce_MRC blows it away!
smile.gif

I take it the current version will not work with Rev19 + Hermes v5? Error upon game launch every time.
frown.gif

Dent

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Has anyone figured out how to get Lost Winds working with Triiforce? Will it work with the upcoming Rev20?

bd3319

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So can anyone from the Triiforce team say whether or not the new Triiforce will work on drives larger than 1tb. I like Triiforce a lot but it just will not work on my 2tb drive. Thanks for any answers.

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I'm a new user. According to the readme "All games you want to play using Triiforce must be installed on
your NAND before doing the copy".

The thing is I already moved all the VC/wiiware channels from my NAND to a SDHC card. So it triiforce able to access the games from the SDHC instead? If not, it's pretty pointless..

dlf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone else can correct me if wrong, but I don't think so. But as I suggested before (though no one commented on) I think it'd be useful to have triforce be able to read the private folder on the SD(HC) or USB drive.

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
dlf said:
Someone else can correct me if wrong, but I don't think so. But as I suggested before (though no one commented on) I think it'd be useful to have triforce be able to read the private folder on the SD(HC) or USB drive.

The Wii's NAND is hopelessly limited if games need to be on the NAND itself then I'll rather wait for uloader's final release
frown.gif

hany

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No, games don't need to be on nand to be used in TriiForce. If you have the wads you install them to emu-nand on sd/usb with ShowMiiWads. One of the main points of TriiForce is more space for vc/wiiware without the need to copy games (automatically) to the real nand.

And I don't think TriiForce reading the private folder is gonna happen. Because it then needs to decrypt the content.bin files, probably with a per wii specific key, and then store the files somewhere to be able to load the game files into memory. Also the content.bin doesn't contain the .tik file but I'm not sure it is really needed. Maybe a feature for ShowMiiWads?(but I doubt it).

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
hany said:
No, games don't need to be on nand to be used in TriiForce. If you have the wads you install them to emu-nand on sd/usb with ShowMiiWads. One of the main points of TriiForce is more space for vc/wiiware without the need to copy games (automatically) to the real nand.

And I don't think TriiForce reading the private folder is gonna happen. Because it then needs to decrypt the content.bin files, probably with a per wii specific key, and then store the files somewhere to be able to load the game files into memory. Also the content.bin doesn't contain the .tik file but I'm not sure it is really needed. Maybe a feature for ShowMiiWads?(but I doubt it).

How do I use showmiiwads for that? (installing to sd/usb)

toejam316

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Bloodlust said:
hany said:

Open ShowMiiWads, in the options set the emulated NAND path to the root of your SD/USB.
Open the folder with all your WADs in it, and then select the wads you want.
Right click on them, and choose export to emulated NAND.
Let it run its course (it may look like it's frozen, but it hasn't), and eventually your WADs will be installed.

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
toejam316 said:
Bloodlust said:
hany said:

Open ShowMiiWads, in the options set the emulated NAND path to the root of your SD/USB.
Open the folder with all your WADs in it, and then select the wads you want.
Right click on them, and choose export to emulated NAND.
Let it run its course (it may look like it's frozen, but it hasn't), and eventually your WADs will be installed.

Doesn't seem to work, I created a dump with simple FS dump 0.42, moved all the 8 created folders to my USB hdd (on partition 1 FAT32 (made active), partition 2 is my WBFS partition). When I selected USB-nand, it reports no title list found though I already extracted 2 wiiware games using showmiiwads to it). Am also using cios249 rev14, using triiforce MRC v9

This is the snapshot from my HDD's emulated NAND : (I installed dragon spirit+sabre using showmiiwads)

317cgew.png

toejam316

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Does you drive work with other Wii software?
Is FAT32 the first partition on the drive?
Have you tried running it from SD to confirm if it's an issue with the drive or the dump?

hyyuga

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
marc_max said:
hyyuga said:
hello

i made an emulated nand on my sd card and installed wads on it using show mii wads.
when i try to start a game using triforce mrc following error occurs:
Reading TMD...done
Searching for main DOL.....
ISFS Open for /title/00010001/blablabla/content/blablabla/00000001.ap failed 106
ISFS Open for /title/00010001/blablabla/content/blablabla/00000003.ap failed 106
ISFS Open for /title/00010001/blablabla/content/blablabla/00000005.ap failed 106
failed -101

No .dol found
Searching for main.dol failed press a to load nand loader instead
then im pressing a
after a bit of output
blabla
ES_Identify....Error!ES_Identify(ret=-1029)
Identify failed

any ideas?

greetz hyyuga
Are you using cIOS rev18 or 19 with IOS57 as a base?
Please give more information.

Remember anyone that you will have to wait for cIOS rev20 if you want to run Triiforce again.
Or return back to cIOS rev17.

thanks for the reply.
yeah im using rev18. so i´ll just have to wait till rev20.

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
toejam316 said:
Does you drive work with other Wii software?
Is FAT32 the first partition on the drive?
Have you tried running it from SD to confirm if it's an issue with the drive or the dump?

Well, it works with wad manager. mplayer CE.. it's the first and primary partition (also made active).

Just tested it with my 2gb sandisk SDcard it loads fine...
frown.gif

Just doesn't want to load off the hdd..

There's only 1 thing, I installed hermes v5 ios 202 using ios38... maybe this is the problem?

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Crap, even my 8gb thumbdrive can be detected... would really appreciate some advice. It would help if anyone who's using a HDD has a separate partition (like WBFS) cos I already have my FAT32 as a primary, is the 1st partition and made active...
frown.gif

bd3319

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bloodlust said:
Crap, even my 8gb thumbdrive can be detected... would really appreciate some advice. It would help if anyone who's using a HDD has a separate partition (like WBFS) cos I already have my FAT32 as a primary, is the 1st partition and made active...
frown.gif
What size is you hdd?

bd3319

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bloodlust said:
500gb.. but the partition used for FAT32 is only about 70gb. I don't think size is a factor here
Well that rules out my theory. I was just thinking that it might be over 1tb. Seems to be a problem with drives over 1tb that nobody can seem to answer. Anyway, sorry i couldn't help you.

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
iiixtream said:
for all that are wondering this does not work on sdhc cards and to use off usb hdd your fat32 partition must be set to active. took me two day to figure this out and no one else had mentioned it. but after lots of agervation and head achs i figured it out. great interface and keep up the good work, cant wait for the next version

I have both FAT32-WBFS partitions marked as active and triiforce mrc still can't detect the FAT32 one... or should I unmark the WBFS partition active status?

toejam316

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Bloodlust said:
iiixtream said:
for all that are wondering this does not work on sdhc cards and to use off usb hdd your fat32 partition must be set to active. took me two day to figure this out and no one else had mentioned it. but after lots of agervation and head achs i figured it out. great interface and keep up the good work, cant wait for the next version

I have both FAT32-WBFS partitions marked as active and triiforce mrc still can't detect the FAT32 one... or should I unmark the WBFS partition active status?
Only one partition at a time can be the active partition on a drive. Make sure it's the FAT32 partition.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle