Hacking triiforce mrc

ydhainaut

Trophies
XP
Country
France
samethernet said:
rev17 is stable, to be honest use the rev17b from the sciifii installation as it contains a dl bug fixed that wasn't in the offical rev17

I have upgraded my IOS38 rev14 -> ISO38 rev17

YEAH ! : Triiforce (or triiforce mrc) works now fine on USB

Seems that rev17b just correct a double Layer DVD access problem. That's not a problem for me (my black wii has a DVD reader physically locked / no backup games on DVD)

toejam316

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
ydhainaut said:
samethernet said:
rev17 is stable, to be honest use the rev17b from the sciifii installation as it contains a dl bug fixed that wasn't in the offical rev17

I have upgraded my IOS38 rev14 -> ISO38 rev17

YEAH ! : Triiforce (or triiforce mrc) works now fine on USB

Seems that rev17b just correct a double Layer DVD access problem. That's not a problem for me (my black wii has a DVD reader physically locked / no backup games on DVD)
The issue is reading the last sector of ANY disc - this means if you put Brawl in your Wii, and try to dump it to your hdd, it will not dump a 1:1 dump, even if you tell the Wii to.

bd3319

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't want to keep bringing this up but can anyone say if Triiforce 10 will have a fix for us that can't get Triiforce working on a drive larger than 1tb? I have asked a few times but it just gets overlooked. Are any of the Triiforce team aware of the problem and is it getting looked into? Thanks for any help.

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
bd3319 said:
I don't want to keep bringing this up but can anyone say if Triiforce 10 will have a fix for us that can't get Triiforce working on a drive larger than 1tb? I have asked a few times but it just gets overlooked. Are any of the Triiforce team aware of the problem and is it getting looked into? Thanks for any help.

I have a few hundred VC/wiiware and the wads only take up 12gb. Maybe you can try to partition it?

Posts merged

A quick question : Can the emulated NAND with wiiware be played on other Wii's or is it unique?

bd3319

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bloodlust said:
bd3319 said:

I have a few hundred VC/wiiware and the wads only take up 12gb. Maybe you can try to partition it?

Posts merged

A quick question : Can the emulated NAND with wiiware be played on other Wii's or is it unique?
Its not the problem. the drive is partitioned. It works fine on a 1tb drive with a 12gb partition but it will not work on a 1.5 or 2tb drive. Same identical setup as the 1tb drive. Other people have brought this up also. Triiforce doesn't work on the drives bigger than 1tb. If it does, nobody has posted that it works.

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
marc_max said:
triiforcemrc.jpg

Download v9
Download images from wiitdb.com
Download 2010.01 official images pack
Download sr_corsario's Neo-Geo injection image pack
Download Tetsuo Shima's VC injection image pack
Download twig123's complete NTSC-U VC set image pack

May I know which of the above packs contains images for all NTSC-U wiiware? (Not VC)

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bloodlust said:
May I know which of the above packs contains images for all NTSC-U wiiware? (Not VC)

First one: triiforce_mrc_imagepack_2010_01.zip but it is not complete. Download them from wiitbd.com.

soopa

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a little problem with triiforce MRC.

I have v9 on my sdhc card with all the images and the games on 1tb hard drive also used with config loader.
when I start the mrc none of my images want to show? They did on V8.
also I press A twice to start the wiiware game, lets say master blaster. The game then goes to the health warning and then I get a black screen.

Im on 4.2u with everything up to date cios rev 17

what is the problem? should I try V8 again?

callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@ soopa

You might want to try and put the images in a folder named "triiforce_mrc" on the root of your USB drive itself.

If there is a readme with the version you´re using, read it.

Depending on the versions you use, some want 192x112.png images, and others want 140x112.png images. I´ve even got "192x112", and "140x112" folders inside the "triiforce_mrc" folder. I think I´ve even seen some with 170x112 or something along those lines,but.... I´ve tried so many I don´t even know which ones needs what.

Anyway, If you don´t have a readme included, try mixing and matching with only one or two images just to see. I´m sure you´ll find what´s needed soon enough.

Have fun tinkering around, and good luck, if no one offers up a 100% answer before that.

(edit) no idea about the black screen, sorry. I know some games just won´t work with triiforce, check the compatability list, and some need a save placed on the emulated nand. A few just seem to take a really long time to load up.

harveychan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
make sure u have the correct file path triiforce_mrc nd i had the same problem. but its a bug in rev 19 . the pic show up in rev 17 but not 19 turst me tested and confirmed

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
callmebob said:
@ soopa

You might want to try and put the images in a folder named "triiforce_mrc" on the root of your USB drive itself.

If there is a readme with the version you´re using, read it.

Depending on the versions you use, some want 192x112.png images, and others want 140x112.png images. I´ve even got "192x112", and "140x112" folders inside the "triiforce_mrc" folder. I think I´ve even seen some with 170x112 or something along those lines,but.... I´ve tried so many I don´t even know which ones needs what.

Anyway, If you don´t have a readme included, try mixing and matching with only one or two images just to see. I´m sure you´ll find what´s needed soon enough.

Have fun tinkering around, and good luck, if no one offers up a 100% answer before that.

(edit) no idea about the black screen, sorry. I know some games just won´t work with triiforce, check the compatability list, and some need a save placed on the emulated nand. A few just seem to take a really long time to load up.

So which resolution(s) does v9 support? VC games can easily have 192x112 extraced using showmiiwads but I'm still looking for an easier way to dump images for wiiware.

kukupo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm anyone else having trouble getting v10 to work? Everytime I start it up I get a "I can't get title list" error then goes back to HBC. I never had this problem with v9 or any of the previous version.

I'm using the USB version with cIOS rev17.

EDIT: Doesn't work on rev 14 either. Guess I'll go back to v9 until this problem is fixed. Please if anyone know how to fix this let me know.

Yod4z

Trophies
XP
Country
France
marc_max said:
* added images download on options (thanks to wiitdb.com!)
I'm working hard to have all PAL Wiiware & VC on the site with image for triiforce but i have actualy only all Wiiware, NES (not all images), Arcade and SMS (no images).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://wololo.net/2024/04/30/unlockswitch-replies-to-mig-switchs-accusations-in-details-say-they...