MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another update:

Update 10.06.2018:
Hello guys,
It's been quite a while since I posted something. And here's why: Some of you may recall, that I had an eye surgery last year, that didn't go so well.
Two weeks ago I went to the doctors to have a second follow up surgery, which was carried out.
Right now my vision is blurry and I have trouble writing this post, but I didn't want to let you in the dark for that long.
I have a rehabiliation period of at least another week, then I can resume working on projects.
Another news is that since I was able to quit one of my part time jobs now, having only 1 part time left till the end of the month, I got more free time on my hands now.
The bottom line is: The projects are NOT dead and are still pretty much underway.
I'm sorry for the lack of visual updates and videos but I had way too much stuff going on in real life.
But as I said, this is temporary. Please, I ask you for a little more patience. I assure you we will be back on track soon.
Best, Romsstar.
What a guy. All that crap to deal with IRL and still worried about the project. I'd say something to him, but I don't have Facebook and have 0 intention to ever make a profile.

SuzieJoeBob

NOT a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another update:

Update 10.06.2018:
Hello guys,
It's been quite a while since I posted something. And here's why: Some of you may recall, that I had an eye surgery last year, that didn't go so well.
Two weeks ago I went to the doctors to have a second follow up surgery, which was carried out.
Right now my vision is blurry and I have trouble writing this post, but I didn't want to let you in the dark for that long.
I have a rehabiliation period of at least another week, then I can resume working on projects.
Another news is that since I was able to quit one of my part time jobs now, having only 1 part time left till the end of the month, I got more free time on my hands now.
The bottom line is: The projects are NOT dead and are still pretty much underway.
I'm sorry for the lack of visual updates and videos but I had way too much stuff going on in real life.
But as I said, this is temporary. Please, I ask you for a little more patience. I assure you we will be back on track soon.
Best, Romsstar.
If I read your post correctly, your vision will be restored soon, which is a blessing and I am glad you will be better soon. Personally, I would recommend focusing on recovery first and foremost, then work on the project when you feel comfortable. You are translating without expecting anything in return, so I thank you from the bottom of my heart. If someone gets on your nerves, just send the moderators, administrators, and/or @Costello to deal with them.

Your health is the most important thing right now, and don't forget that.

kinlyki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Does anyone have a decrypted save for Re:Digitize Decode that has completed the game? Or even with most of the mega level the evolution library unlocked

Tac 21

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
will be lucky its the end of the year...

was this game... that much bigger then the PSP version? or has his health dropped so much he had to take time off from the project?

SydMontague

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's mostly the health/real life issues that cause the delay, but the game is also a lot bigger.

One example of it is the addition of Digitter, a Twitter for Digimon. They're short strings that use difficult to translate language and still have to fit in their notoriously small box. We actually had to adjust the code to allow longer strings and a third line, otherwise the task might've been impossible to solve.

Grygierowski

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Its not much but, you guys are amazing. Keep up the good work. It's been like.. 3 years or more right? I cant wait for when its done. I'd like to donate but things are kinda complicated here in my country (i live in Brazil :1). Anyway, good luck, we're counting on you guys!

TheTrueDream42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is the unfortunate update on facebook from a couple days ago:

Romsstar said:
September 9 at 8:21 AM ·

Hello everyone,

I have news but I'm afraid they are not that good.

I've had a doctors appointment at an expert last week to check out my eye problems and find a potential solution.

Bottom line was, the doctor couldn't help me at present as the damage was too complicated and I should come back in six months to see if the situation has changed somewhat.

What does that all mean for the projects: The projects are NOT dropped or cancelled.

But with my current state of health and my private situation, I can't possibly tell when and in what capacity I will be able to give out updates.

I'll try to work on this whenever I can but at the present state I can't really say when and how progress wil be made.

If I come to the conclusion that I won't be able to finish the projects at all, I will release what we have already, despite it going against my beliefs. You won't end up with nothing, I assure you.

At this point I would like to point out the following: Since I can't really give any estimates or ETAs because well even the doctor couldn't, please keep that in mind that I won't be able to commit to our weekly update and video stream pledges on Patreon. So I would ask all the supporters to please stop with their support on Patreon immediately and I'll gladly reimburse the people if you feel we've been not honest with you. I really don't want anyone to believe that. PM me if you feel that way and I'm sure we will work something out. On the other hand I don't want to close the Patreon either because the other team members still do what they can.

Please understand that this is an unforeseen situation (literally) and that I'll do everything I can to deliver what we've been working on, I just don't know how and when yet.

I can understand if that frustrates some people, if some just feel we should release a menu patch already or something, but I honestly believe that would cause more problems than it would solve in the long run.

If you have any questions, feel free to comment below or message me.

Best Regards and I'm sorry,

Romsstar

And here are some important replies he made in the comments:

Romsstar said:
We have currently two other programmers aboard which are great supporters but unfortunately none of them is a translator and can't help in that department. We tried to get help from other translators but most either quit midway or their output was just not up to par or they vanished and never got back to us at all. This is after all a labour of love, nobody is actually paying you for this and that's not enough of an incentive for some. I do share the profits of the Patreon but for such a project there is honestly not that much to be shared . I would love to get a good translator aboard to help me with the workload even if I didn't have my health issues, but in reality it's harder than you think. I really tried to find someone.
Romsstar said:
I don't intend wait for six months doing nothing. I don't know if I can get it out this year. My doctor told me it might get miraculously better, might get miraculously worse. A cornea transplant might not even help in my situation as other cases had that and it didn't help either.

I have Decentered Ablation which is causing double vision in certain circumstances. One of those is computer LEDs and monitors. Even writing now at broad daylight I see text slightly double, causing a headache and a strain on my vision. It gets worse as the day progresses.

A subsequent surgery might as the doctor told me "fix one issue but create another" which is why he prefers to wait.

Summery: His eyesight is still bad, may not get better, and currently there's no other translator on the project, so he may release it as-is in the next 6 months despite it almost-but-not-quite being done. So a translator would be very appreciated.

Last edited by TheTrueDream42, , Reason: Summery

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is the unfortunate update on facebook from a couple days ago:

And here are some important replies he made in the comments:

Summery: His eyesight is still bad, may not get better, and currently there's no other translator on the project, so he may release it as-is in the next 6 months despite it almost-but-not-quite being done. So a translator would be very appreciated.
Damn, that's rough. I wonder if it's keratoconus? My ex had that. Same deal with her. Always seeing double and getting massive headaches. Cornea transplants are not fun. I had no idea the actually stitched up eyeballs till my ex had hers done.

Reactions: susanoomon

GreekDudeYiannis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So...I'm aware that there's health issues and such afoot and the project has slowed down to a snail's pace, but is there like a 1.0 patch link somewhere? I'm seein' all this work done, but no actual links to anything on this thread, the Wordpress, or Facebook.

TheTrueDream42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So...I'm aware that there's health issues and such afoot and the project has slowed down to a snail's pace, but is there like a 1.0 patch link somewhere? I'm seein' all this work done, but no actual links to anything on this thread, the Wordpress, or Facebook.

That's because there isn't any. The goal of this project was to have the game 100% translated before it was released to the public. So there's no version available to the public yet.

Though it's possible now that we may get it before it's finished. He may not know if he'll get better in the next 6 months and still wants to get the transition out before the end of this year, even if it's incomplete.

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hows the translation going?
"
Update: 10.12.2018

Hello everyone,

it's been a long time since you've received an update and everyone who read my last update knows why.

Now what was going on in the last couple of months?

First I had to come to terms with the fact that there is nothing that can be done about my vision problems for the time being and there are still at least 4 months left until we can.

I absolutely refused to accept that this would mean no progress would be made within 4 months.

So what did we do? We had to figure out a way how I could work, *despite* my vision problems.

With the help of SydMontague, our lead programmer and Co-Leader and our second programmer fliegenfuerst, we figured out a way. It was, well unconventional to say the least but thanks to these two wonderful people, I can say the project is still alive and things are looking good.

It takes a while to adjust to this new way of working, but progress is made at a good pace, and I expect to provide you with more substantial updates pretty soon.

I didn't want to post anything before I could actually show something, but I saw many people growing impatient and thinking that the project might truly be dead, I assure you: It's not.

As a matter of fact, we had a private streaming a while ago, and it was a blast. It was an internal stream, because there is still a lot to fix, but I can say we're getting somewhere.

Honestly? I don't know if a 2018 release still remains viable, but we'll try our best.

At the very least I can say, despite all the problems I experienced, the project is back on track and while things aren't as good as I'd like them to be, I try to remain optimistic that my health issues will be fixed eventually, until then I'll try to work as hard as I can with what is available at my disposal.

That's all for now guys. Talk to you soon,

Romsstar
"

From the facebook.

wownmnpare

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New update guys!

Update 26.12.2018:

Hello everyone. So the Christmas days are over and I've been going through some messages and I realized, that some people seem to have lost track with our progress, so here's a summary:

Originally it was our plan to release the translation of Decode by 2018. At the time, it seemed like a very feasible plan.

However, as you all know, various health issues prevented me, at times, from working at the game altogether and at other times, at a very slow pace at best.

We've figured out how to get things back to "normal".

Nowm this ultimately delayed things for Decode by I'd say at least a couple of months.

So here's the current status for Decode:

Main Story: 100 %
The main story has been translated for quite some time, but not everything is inserted and not everything proof read yet. This is currently top priority.

Sub-Quests: 80%
There are 2 small quests left that I wasn't able to trigger in-game, so which technically it's close to 100%, I left some wiggle room here.

Menues (Cards, Descriptions, everything): 80%
Wifi and some other misc menues need some testing/potentially adjusting.

Graphics: 100%
Quite happy with those actually.

Digitter: 90%
This one is almost done.

Do-RemiFa: 75%
Very long, very tedious. This thing is basically what's holding the whole translation up at this point. It's fun but a translators nightmare feature.

Total: A very good 85%

Now release timeframe:

As I mentioned in my last post, things are back on track and are progressing at a moderate pace. I don't think a 2018 release is any longer feasible, but I thing a release in the first half of 2019 is very likely.

Since our Translator on Lost Evo dropped out, we can currently not make any real estimates on this one. A rough estimate lies at about 40% total though.

Our efforts are currently based to 100% on Decode.

As always, if there are translators who feel like they could be of assistance please don't hesitate to contact us.

Best, Operation Decoded

Durelle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
New update guys!

Update 26.12.2018:

Hello everyone. So the Christmas days are over and I've been going through some messages and I realized, that some people seem to have lost track with our progress, so here's a summary:

Originally it was our plan to release the translation of Decode by 2018. At the time, it seemed like a very feasible plan.

However, as you all know, various health issues prevented me, at times, from working at the game altogether and at other times, at a very slow pace at best.

We've figured out how to get things back to "normal".

Nowm this ultimately delayed things for Decode by I'd say at least a couple of months.

So here's the current status for Decode:

Main Story: 100 %
The main story has been translated for quite some time, but not everything is inserted and not everything proof read yet. This is currently top priority.

Sub-Quests: 80%
There are 2 small quests left that I wasn't able to trigger in-game, so which technically it's close to 100%, I left some wiggle room here.

Menues (Cards, Descriptions, everything): 80%
Wifi and some other misc menues need some testing/potentially adjusting.

Graphics: 100%
Quite happy with those actually.

Digitter: 90%
This one is almost done.

Do-RemiFa: 75%
Very long, very tedious. This thing is basically what's holding the whole translation up at this point. It's fun but a translators nightmare feature.

Total: A very good 85%

Now release timeframe:

As I mentioned in my last post, things are back on track and are progressing at a moderate pace. I don't think a 2018 release is any longer feasible, but I thing a release in the first half of 2019 is very likely.

Since our Translator on Lost Evo dropped out, we can currently not make any real estimates on this one. A rough estimate lies at about 40% total though.

Our efforts are currently based to 100% on Decode.

As always, if there are translators who feel like they could be of assistance please don't hesitate to contact us.

Best, Operation Decoded
Thanks for the update =D I can't wait to play this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Gameboy Advanced SP emulator or GASP for short lol