ROM Hack [Translation] Digimon World Re:Digitize Decode

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah, I don't think we're the first, though if we succeed, we might be the most ambitious. At this point, I'm hedging with that 'if'. Our programmer hasn't shown up for several months, and we can't make a lot of progress without him.

We were the first to show off a proof of concept in English if I recall the dates right.
With our christmas posting to show a game translated into English. Beyond the Labyrinth obviously beats us on progress and well anything else.
Not that any of it matters, it's not a competition to me.
The chinese hackers were definitely the first, no arguing there.

But the reason for slowed progress is not exactly our programmer, since we got the most basic tools already. The reason is Citra is still in development and we need it for debugging and the other reason is I have currently no machine (anymore) that supports Citra. Also a lack of motivation that stems from that reason too.
I'm actually surprised to see anybody still cares.xd

Reactions: Nobunaga

Nobunaga

Empty
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
We were the first to show off a proof of concept in English if I recall the dates right.
With our christmas posting to show a game translated into English. Beyond the Labyrinth obviously beats us on progress and well anything else.

But the reason for slowed progress is not exactly our programmer, since we got the most basic tools already. The reason is Citra is still in development and we need it for debugging and the other reason is I have currently no machine (anymore) that supports Citra. Also a lack of motivation that stems from that reason too.
Well I prefer the 3DS version since it has more content that's why I didn't played too much with the PSP version.
I hope you will show us some progress soon! :)

Reactions: dimmidice

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well I prefer the 3DS version since it has more content that's why I didn't played too much with the PSP version.
I hope you will show us some progress soon! :)
Quite understandable. If anything it's also closer to the original DW1 than Redigitize was actually.

Lakum

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia

Redigitize Decode is definitely much better than PSP version and the only rightful successor to DW1. By the way are disk/ISO-based games harder to hack/translate than cartridge/rom based games or vice versa? Also does it depend on the complexity of system for example are PS2 games harder to translate than PS1 games and 3DS/Vita games harder to translate than PS2 games?

Last edited by Lakum,

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
i'm really looking forward to the 3DS version as well. just got myself a new yummy N3DS too :D! but i'm patient. i know it'l be quite a long wait :P

Last edited by dimmidice,

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Redigitize Decode is definitely much better than PSP version and the only rightful successor to DW1. By the way are disk/ISO-based games harder to hack/translate than cartridge/rom based games or vice versa? Also does it depend on the complexity of system for example are PS2 games harder to translate than PS1 games and 3DS/Vita games harder to translate than PS2 games?

Digimon World Next Order looks pretty promising in that area. Even the protagonist of DW1 will have a cameo.
As for hacakability...
It really depends on what was done on that platform and what's available for romhackers to use.
In the end the PS2 is very well researched and the emulator is stable and running most things fine, which makes it at the current stage easier than hacking 3DS games. But this really is already a dangerous statement in itself as it really depends on how the game is coded. Can a 3DS game be harder to hack than a PS2 game? Sure. But can a PS2 game also be harder to hack than 3DS Game? Absolutely.

sanderdsz

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Guys, "IF" the project starts to seem more a dream than reality, why not release a partial translated version? Just the menus and the basics I think will be enough for many people.
I already beat the PSP version 3 times, since you guys released it, an amazing job as I can say.

But, it is just a idea, I would love to see just the menus and locations translated.

Reactions: AyanamiRei

sanderdsz

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I doubt we'd do that, and in all likelihood we'd need Citra to boot the game to get even that far. And if Citra boots the game, we have pretty much everything we need.
Now its more understandable...
I hope the Citra develoment go further, I don't know how's the progress lately, but I hope 2016 be the release of Decode Project.

Daioh33

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hiya!
After almost 3 years of watching this project come to flourish, I finally got around to creating a gbatemp account specifically to thank you all for the amazing job your team has done with the PSP version's translation patch! As someone who spent a majority of his childhood in Digimon World 1 (and 2003) I had an absolute blast with Digimon World Re: Digitize and I'm really happy to see the franchise's games slowly coming back to life.

I recently found out about HANS, a homebrew for the 3DS that somehow allows you to alter the contents of a game. Using HANS I'm currently playing through a hacked and randomized version of Pokémon Omega Ruby. I don't really have a clue as to how it all works but do you think it would be possible to distribute the 3DS version's translation in a similar fashion that allows you to quickly patch the game through homebrew as long as you have the original cartridge? If so, I wouldn't even hesitate importing a copy from Japan once you're done with the patch!

Anyway, I hope my encouragement doesn't come a bit too late, heh...
Keep up the good work and don't lose determination :)!

Last edited by Daioh33,

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well Citra is already booting Decode, but we don't really need Citra for a menu only patch. All the same, we do need Citra for our ASM hacks though.
The bottleneck(s) right now is the fact that the text is not rendered fine yet and that the character can'T run anywhere due to the lack of function of the analog stick.
Either way though, the project is quite real and accomplishable, and we could release it in any event, it's just that I'd like to offer the same quality on Decode as we offered on Redigitize, which at the current state we can't.
We need like 3 times as many ASM hacks in Decode as in Redigitize, so...

Daioh33: What you suggest is indeed possible but check out the prices for importing Decode ;)

Last edited by Romsstar,
Reactions: Daioh33

XDragon2688

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Daioh33: What you suggest is indeed possible but check out the prices for importing Decode ;)

It was like 74 when I got my copy.

Hey Rom, i know this isn't the right discussion, but did you ever end up assisting with the Lost Evolution translation?

Daioh33

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It was like 74 when I got my copy.
Glad to hear HANS is a possibility. And as for buying a copy of Decode, it doesn't really seem too pricey.
I was looking around on eBay yesterday and saw a bunch of used ones go for 40 to 80 EUR (though most cost around 50) but you never know how trustworthy these sellers really are. I might just give in to the temptation soon and find out, heh.

xBleedingSoulx

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey Rom, did you get the message from Yugix about your offer to help out with the Lost Evolution translation? He said you never got back to him, so thought you might have missed the message or maybe you're just too busy.

pikatsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I think you should go on a digimon red/blue translation and leave Yugix team complete Lost Evolution. So we could have two ds games translated instead of one

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o