Hacking Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE restoration

naion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmmm...guess i'll try some of the others from that list. i've tried wiiubru half a dozen times or so

naion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got googiehax to work. now im trying to parse the DDD stuff...

what exactly do you mean by "open a command line window IN the title dumper folder..."?

i know how to access the command prompt, but... "in" the folder?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
either :
- Open a command prompt, and browse to the folder where you extracted the game dumper (cd foldername, etc.)

or, if you are on windows:
- open your folder in your file explorer, press Shift and right-click on an empty area in the folder. the explorer context menu will have "open a command line window here"

naion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oooooookay...now ive got it set up on my PC. "waiting for WiiU connection...". and i can get DDD on my wii u. but when i punch in my IP address and press X or A...it just loads the game normally and goes right to the main menu.

edit: okay, hold on...apparently my IP address was wrong...not sure why i had it wrong in the first place. trying again

Last edited by naion,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The server is running on your computer?
You entered the local computer IP?
then I don't know why it launches the game without dumping, maybe the server can't connect to the wiiu (firewall, antivirus blocking the ports?)

naion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeeeeeeeah, still trying to figure this out. got the IP address right on the second attempt, and it started...but immediately stopped. the dumper made a new folder in the titledumper folder but its empty. and the command window says

client 0 connected
create path: base_output_pathWiiU_dump_path

and then it just loaded up the #FE main menu again...there shouldnt be a firewall. i'll doublecheck whats going on with anti-virus, etc...

Last edited by naion,

naion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OKAY, so...latest development: i turned off all my protection and tried running it again with the folder that it already created from last time, and it didnt connect at all. so then i deleted the folder and tried again. it created the folder again, but booted right to main menu and didnt transfer anything...again.

there shouldnt be anything blocking the connection, so the only thing i can think of (and this is maybe the stupidest question on the board so far)...the IP i'd be entering is the "IPv4 address" when i do ipconfig in the command prompt, yes?

unfortunately, its about time to get ready for work, so this'll have to wait until tonight.

Last edited by naion,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, that's the IP v4 from ipconfig command, something like 192.168.1.2

that's strange that it display "create path: base_output_pathWiiU_dump_path" this text, it should display the list of files dumped.

naion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, just to reconfirm...

opening a command prompt in the titledumper folder. entering...

"titledumper.exe WiiU_dump_path base_output_path"

which brings up...

"Title Dumper by Dimok
Waiting for WiiU connection...<press Ctrl+C to stop>"

then i launch DDD on the wii u, punch in my IP, and launch the game either with A or by selecting it on the wiiu menu. as soon as it does, the command prompt gives me...

"Client 0 connected
Create Path: base_output_pathWiiU_dump_path
Client 0 connection closed"

when it does that, it creates the folder named "base_output_pathWiiU_dump_path" in the titledumper folder. and then the wii u boots the game to its main menu.

any glaring errors sticking out at you? did i get a space or underscore wrong, or something? with my limited knowledge it seems like its connecting. its just not getting the command to actually do a transfer. its creating the destination, but without anything to put in it, it thinks the job is done...could there be an issue with DDD?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
please, tell me you didn't type "WiiU_dump_path" but the actual path you want to dump from the wiiu, like "/vol"
And you didn't type "base_output_path" but the path where you want to output the dumped game files.

I gave you the command to type :
Code:
titledumper.exe /vol "C:/WiiU/ISO/TMS/"

/vol = what you want to dump (typing only "/vol" means it will dump ALL the game)
c:/wiiu/iso/TMS/ = where you want to dump it

this command will dump ALL the game to your c:/wiiU/ISO/TMS folder

If you typed "titledumper.exe WiiU_dump_path", then the WiiU will not find a folder named "wiiu_dump_path" in the game !

Possible (and existing) folders are :
/vol
/vol/code
/vol/content
/vol/meta
/vol/save
/vol/aoc

you can dump one specific folder, only code "/vol/code", or only content "/vol/content", or ALL of them "/vol"

naion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
see, that makes sense....sorry, i wasnt looking at your recent post, i was still working off your post on the actually DDD usage thread. it doesnt mention anything about /vol in the instructions. i was typing it out word for word. i'll uhh...i'll try that thing now

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
i wasnt looking at your recent post, i was still working off your post on the actually DDD usage thread. it doesnt mention anything about /vol in the instructions.
Yes it did mentioned it.
my first post I created for you had the command you needed to type.
you need to understand what you read, not just type things randomly.

Don't type "C:/wiiU/ISO/TMS" if you don't WANT to dump your game to that folder.
If you want it to "E:/TMS" just type "E:/TMS" instead !
if you want it elsewhere, type the folder where you want it, not what I tell you to type. That's only examples, not exact text to type.

also, knows that it will dump at 1MB/s, and the game is 11GB?
You can stop and resume anytime by doing the same steps and the same command line.

naion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, i see that now...aaaaand i got it working. i should've been paying more attention, ive just got too many tabs open. *smacks head to the floor* sumimasen!

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
OP
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
Hi, I just registered to say thanks and to report a minor spacing issue in version 0.9.4 patched with the latest files 3 days ago.
At the end of chapter 2 where Eleonora is introduced, there seem to be two minor gaps which shouldn't be there:

This is ... She's a Mirage
Master like you all, and also a [gap] young actress
[gap] with Fortuna entertainment
Fixed.
Redownload the message xdelta and patch again using the update option.

Sn0wCrack

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You don't need to know what it is.
I already mentioned that the first post is not helpful for newcomers and would need an easier wording.

Thank you for writing something up Cyan. I've been meaning to do something more in-depth but I've been sick lately and haven't gotten around to it.

I'll add this to the OP next to the video tutorial. Thanks again man.

Reactions: Cyan

Stein&Recline

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shit...I don't have the meta data. I didn't know about the home menu step. Do I have to dump the whole game again, or can I cut straight to the meta dump?

LkMsWb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Shit...I don't have the meta data. I didn't know about the home menu step. Do I have to dump the whole game again, or can I cut straight to the meta dump?

If you point the dump to the same folder as the main game, ddd will skip all the files that already exist (checking their size), so you can easily dump just the meta with the general /vol setting.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you for writing something up Cyan. I've been meaning to do something more in-depth but I've been sick lately and haven't gotten around to it.

I'll add this to the OP next to the video tutorial. Thanks again man.
I edited the first post to re-add the styles (underline, menus, quotes, etc.)

The patching steps-by-steps might need to be rewritten (I never used the patcher, I don't know the steps nor what it does).
Maybe you could update the steps yourself.
I saw there's a guide in the readme, maybe I could use these steps instead.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I was kinda sad the Yakuza guy died sword fighting a predator lol
    The Russian guy went out like a boss
    Double claymores to the face definitely kill a predator lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went today and looked at a motorcycle someone was selling. I get there and the battery on it was dead, so the guy grabbed a battery charger and hooked it up. He plugged it into the wall, and the motorcycle sparked and started smoking. Come to find out the bike uses a 6 volt battery and the guy had the charger set to 12v. I said sorry to the dude and walked away. I felt bad for him tho.
    Sounds like it would be an exciting ride....
    Not sure I would want something on fire between my legs
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He ruined it basically. Sad cause it was a decent old bike. It would take more money to rewire the bike than it was worth tho.
    Yeah I'm sure at minimum the starter was fried
    Alternator and battery
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob alot of fried parts. It was still smoking when I left.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I would've said show me how it rides
    I always wanted one of those Smart Cars with a Hyabusa motor in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm getting sick and tired of cheap ass baking pans now
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think it be cool to have one that would fit in my pickup truck bed, then I could put down ramps n drive it off.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Used this one 5 times already impossible to clean
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You need the $900 copper coated ones, they are good for 10 times cooking before they are un cleanable
    Condoms are only meant to be used once Ken lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well damn that explains how you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I tried Cavier for the first time today. That shit is nasty. Don't get why people like it.
    Eh it's good with Vodka and crackers
    Gotta have the whole experience
    Drink enough vodka so you can barely taste it
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Drink enough vodka so you can barely taste it