Tips on getting over a relationship

RayorDragonFall

I see you've played knifey-spoony before.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok jimmy...............................

ANYWAYS, thanks for all your help guys. It really means something to me.

Darkforce: Its really freaky the way things are like synchronized. The day we argued I got a call of someone that used to be my best friend saying sorry for what she had done like a year and a half ago. Looks like we are going to meet up this Friday and before I forgive her I'll get to listen to the "why" of what she did, though I can't believe that after all shes done I'm so ready to be friends again XD.

I've decided to give Blondie (her new nickname) another chance, even though shes screwed every single one I've given her.
*Hopes for the best*

Ill keep you guys updated, keep the tips coming
laugh.gif
Amy

Maktub

Trophies
XP
Country
Shift your focus onto something pragmatic and non-emotional. Realize that you don't need a boyfriend to be happy, and simply try not to think about it any more than you're forced to. Find an aspect of your life that you feel is lacking and zooooom into it. It's all about shifting energy from one place (sulking) to another (doing something productive.)

Good luck and godspeed! It'll all turn out, trust me (u can trust yer mthr!)
Yepp yepp, sounds cold and unsoulish but works like panacea for this kind of things.

pikachucrackpipe

President
Trophies
Website
live.xbox.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I might be in need of a few after finishing something thats over 9 months old lol.
Not totally sure if it's done for, but after that person refused to talk to me it looks like it.
Do you guys do anything special?
Lets see what you people come up withÂ
tongue.gif

RDF

1. get drunk and pick up sluts
2. fuck her sister
3. fuck her bff
4. fuck her mom
5. take a giant shit on her car hood or front porch
6. share her nudie photos on bearshare

jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok jimmy...............................

What?
tongue.gif

Seriously though, put him to the back of your mind, spend most of your time with friends and try to have fun.

Sure, it stings when you break-up with someone you love, but you will get over him in time and that's the light at the end of the tunnel. Keep that in mind when you get a bit weepy.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Simplest solution is to find another girlfriend. Not just sleeping around, finding an actual girlfriend to replace the old one. That's the easiest and fastest way to get over a failed relationship. Don't look for someone just like the old one, look for someone different, but still compatible with your lifestyle and tastes. Don't compare them and judge them based on your old GF, but at the same time, don't make the same mistakes you made with the old GF either.

inovermyheadd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lol...some crazy and hilarious suggestions here. Anyway, you don't know me, but I believe the key to getting over a relationship is time. In time you will find someone else as special to you as your former boyfriend, (or girlfriend...I didn't read every word of this thread). If you are interested in transcending the music is a good medium. I would recommended exercise for its scientifically proven power of elevating mood. Drugs, if you don't currently use them, and meaningless sex will come back to haunt you later in life so I would avoid both in excess. If you are having problems adjusting to being single again, go see a counselor...they dedicate their lives to providing a relationship with the purpose of betting your life. Just some thoughts
biggrin.gif

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still having trouble comprehending this topic. From what I see, I say just try to be friends with that person, and don't bother getting in a real relationship with them.

sandreezy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
honestly bro, how old are you?

if your under 25, then who cares dude. you really shouldent, specially if it was only a 9 month relationship. i just got out of a 3 year relationship and let me tell you, i have never been happier.

im only 21, so in my point of view, i wasted 3 years of my life with one girl. i mean i liked her alot, but it wasnt like i was going to marry the b*tch. the way i see it, investing too much time in a relationship when your as young as i am is stupid. your wasting the best years of your life. you could be out having fun with your friends, sleeping with different women, doing whatever you want. (mainly sleeping with many, many women)

so your getting out of a 9 month relationship, be glad it wasnt any longer.

now! go out with your friends! pick up random chicks!!

Not to bust the bubble, but not all of us are whores. Some of us do want lasting, meaningful relationships. Let's not paint everyone with the same brush. Maybe you wasted three years of your life, but it's because you were with the wrong person who you weren't in love with, your mistake bro.

i never called anyone a whore...

and to emu why did you forgive her? can you really trust her anymore? that would be impossible for me to do

ozzyzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
honestly bro, how old are you?

if your under 25, then who cares dude. you really shouldent, specially if it was only a 9 month relationship. i just got out of a 3 year relationship and let me tell you, i have never been happier.

im only 21, so in my point of view, i wasted 3 years of my life with one girl. i mean i liked her alot, but it wasnt like i was going to marry the b*tch. the way i see it, investing too much time in a relationship when your as young as i am is stupid. your wasting the best years of your life. you could be out having fun with your friends, sleeping with different women, doing whatever you want. (mainly sleeping with many, many women)

so your getting out of a 9 month relationship, be glad it wasnt any longer.

now! go out with your friends! pick up random chicks!!

Not to bust the bubble, but not all of us are whores. Some of us do want lasting, meaningful relationships. Let's not paint everyone with the same brush. Maybe you wasted three years of your life, but it's because you were with the wrong person who you weren't in love with, your mistake bro.

i never called anyone a whore...

and to emu why did you forgive her? can you really trust her anymore? that would be impossible for me to do

I hope you didn't read my post the wrong way. It was not an attack on you, nor an attempt to put words in your mouth. What I was saying, however, is that the behavior you're suggesting, in my opinion, makes one a whore. I don't think it's something that would help anyone, I'll put it that way.

To the guy who said getting another girlfriend/boyfriend, I agree. Just be careful to make sure that you don't end up hurting the other person because you were too quick to get in a new relationship.

kaspal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
when you think you love someone way too much, and that person cheats on you, you consider on forgivin... trust wont be the same as b4, but you still consider stayin by that persons side no matter what.

it happened to me 3 times in the past... and im well over it now, but what i do in those cases (when im not thinkin about forgiveness), its cuttin EVERY SINGLE way of contactin that person. it may look like runnin or somethin, but when you change your "environment" and all that, you'll get over it in no time...

problem is, when that kinda shit happens to you repeatedly, you get a lil bitter, and you wont engage in a relationship the way u used to, and probably make mistakes with a person that REALLY cares about you... i guess its just a matter of learning from past experiences.

anyway, i think you should just get over it... leave that person behind... at least for awhile, and find a way to wind up your mind... oh, and dont do drugs because of that, like someone else said, it will hunt you down down the road.

ozzyzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
when you think you love someone way too much, and that person cheats on you, you consider on forgivin... trust wont be the same as b4, but you still consider stayin by that persons side no matter what.

it happened to me 3 times in the past... and im well over it now, but what i do in those cases (when im not thinkin about forgiveness), its cuttin EVERY SINGLE way of contactin that person. it may look like runnin or somethin, but when you change your "environment" and all that, you'll get over it in no time...

problem is, when that kinda shit happens to you repeatedly, you get a lil bitter, and you wont engage in a relationship the way u used to, and probably make mistakes with a person that REALLY cares about you... i guess its just a matter of learning from past experiences.

anyway, i think you should just get over it... leave that person behind... at least for awhile, and find a way to wind up your mind... oh, and dont do drugs because of that, like someone else said, it will hunt you down down the road.

This is what I'm scared of to be honest. After the crap I went through, I feel like I will be more bitter and cynical which I think may end up hurting me further. Sucks balls man...
laugh.gif

RayorDragonFall

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
PCP, saw your post before it was deleted so I'll take your word for it, lol.

Yeah it's kinda got like that a bit. The all nighter ruled, was hilarious and I felt really happy talking to her, things felt just like they used to be before. But the way things were like a few weeks ago makes me think "You're going to get hurt if you trust her too much".

ozzyzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Yeah it's kinda got like that a bit. The all nighter ruled, was hilarious and I felt really happy talking to her, things felt just like they used to be before. But the way things were like a few weeks ago makes me think "You're going to get hurt if you trust her too much".

That's how it was with me and my last girlfriend...it would go shitty awhile then every once in awhile it would be like old times. I should have taken it for the warning it was. Be careful kiddo.

Legend

.missing
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think it really depends a lot on the relationship itself.
I know that the last relationship I got out of, was nearly 6 months ago, and I'm still recovering from it. Mind you, when you have a child with someone, it really changes things.
Anyway, everyone deals with things differently. I prefer to lock myself up & just think about things for days on end.

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
it's bullshit... we're born into this world alone. living without a girlfriend you have done a large portion of your life already, you can live without her another big portion.. besides, she'll never experience anything like the way you do, and she'll never understand what you think and feel, even if she spends a lifetime with you. even if you explain exactly everything. not that you're interested in making sure that she understands everything you do
smile.gif

atleast that's what I feel.

however! having sex is nice and having someone female whom you can touch is nice. other than that... can't say much
tongue.gif

getting over relationships? I haven't had any trouble with that. Just be mad one day or two, think about her every now and then, then simply let it go, there's bunches of other people out there MUCH better than your last girlfriend.

oh, and I think emo music... emo, who invented that anyways... I hate it with all my heart. Just because it sounds retarded. anyways, there's a couple of nice songs, for example the one Isaac posted, tho the vocals are just jibberish ranting, nothing interesting.

I think listening to a bit o Queen: I want to break free, Don't stop me now, Killer Queen
then doing some stuff with your friends
then playing games which require alot of your time and alot of concentration (DotA or WoW) would make u feel better
smile.gif

Oh and don't forget to listen to some Toto: Rosanna, Home of the Brave, Africa, Drag him to the roof

yeah I could go on forever about bands.. now I'll just stfu and let other people post random stuff
tongue.gif

Oh and this summers most important song for me: Treat - Go
wink.gif

pikachucrackpipe

President
Trophies
Website
live.xbox.com
XP
Country
United States

play it cool and don't jump into things.
dont give more than you've been given if you know what i mean

ozzyzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
it's bullshit... we're born into this world alone. living without a girlfriend you have done a large portion of your life already, you can live without her another big portion.. besides, she'll never experience anything like the way you do, and she'll never understand what you think and feel, even if she spends a lifetime with you. even if you explain exactly everything. not that you're interested in making sure that she understands everything you do
smile.gif

atleast that's what I feel.

however! having sex is nice and having someone female whom you can touch is nice. other than that... can't say much
tongue.gif

getting over relationships? I haven't had any trouble with that. Just be mad one day or two, think about her every now and then, then simply let it go, there's bunches of other people out there MUCH better than your last girlfriend.

oh, and I think emo music... emo, who invented that anyways... I hate it with all my heart. Just because it sounds retarded. anyways, there's a couple of nice songs, for example the one Isaac posted, tho the vocals are just jibberish ranting, nothing interesting.

I think listening to a bit o Queen: I want to break free, Don't stop me now, Killer Queen
then doing some stuff with your friends
then playing games which require alot of your time and alot of concentration (DotA or WoW) would make u feel better
smile.gif

Oh and don't forget to listen to some Toto: Rosanna, Home of the Brave, Africa, Drag him to the roof

yeah I could go on forever about bands.. now I'll just stfu and let other people post random stuff
tongue.gif

Oh and this summers most important song for me: Treat - Go
wink.gif

I think people are just different...I don't like being single at all, but I'm far from a needy tool. I guess people might be getting tired of me commenting on this, but I've got a lot to say at this point in my life.
laugh.gif

It's not always as easy getting over someone in a day or two. Not if you had a long relationship, and if it is that easy you didn't love them. So why were you in a relationship with someone that you didn't truly care for? BTW these questions aren't pointed at you, this is more me thinking out loud.

RayorDragonFall

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ozzyzak: What did you mean with the "I should have taken it for the warning it was."?
Do you think its a sign to break it up sooner than later? Its just the all nighter felt so nice, like I thought that maybe I had overreacted and stuff. But people tell me I'm too forgiving so I don't know anymore. Damn it!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HUNTERFOX @ HUNTERFOX:
    They both suck hahaha
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    "Where is the bathroom?"
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    The bar goes up in flames.
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    @Xdqwerty wdym by that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A old man goes to doctor and says "Doctor I take a shit every morning around 9am." Doctor says "That's good and healthy." Old man says "But I don't wake up till 10am."
    +2
  • HUNTERFOX @ HUNTERFOX:
    That's a great one @BigOnYa
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    haha, kinda corny tho
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa when I read your jokes I imagine Im seeing south park and Randy Marsh is telling the joke
    +1
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    also here's a better version of your vacuum cleaner joke @HUNTERFOX
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    @salazarcosplay and I bet when you read mine you imagine a toilet and the dookie somebody had after eating Taco Bell
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Kirbydogs,
    computers having hamsters inside them and stuff
    +1
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    not very funny :/
    +1
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    tbh kinda cringe
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ffs stop crying about it
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    tbh I'm not having the best day today
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    the morning could've been better
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    and I do want to rest now that it's the end of school for the week
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    I don't wanna get annoyed or angry about anything........ but for ONCE could we talk like actual people and not like creeps
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Man and wife get in bed together. Man rubs on wife wanting some and wife says, " I can't tonight, I have a gynecologist appointment in the morning." After a few minutes, man starts rubbing on her again. She says "Didn't you here me? Stop." He says "What, do you have a dentist appointment too?"
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    Boy oh boy would I pay to chat on GBAtemp in 2015
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Kirbydogs, I wouldnt
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Kirbydogs, also I agree its cringe
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    @Xdqwerty what was it like
    Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs: @Xdqwerty what was it like