Hacking The Wonderful 101 - How to load it in 15-20 seconds (EUR version) but problem...

Sno0t

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You guys could also look on DU, there are several threads with already fixed versions ;)
This is much easier then doin it yourself, update v16 is included, so you only have to overwrite data and your good to go :)
Kind regards.

morpheous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this happen to me also. the first time I downloaded the up date data002 not present. don't know why but when I tried this again this time it was their. id give it another go. havnt got this game to load yet still workn on it.

I downloaded another release and the data002.pgk file was there. I still can't get it to load, though. Well, it did load with the last release but it took long for it to actually load and the speech was studder at the beginning of each sentence. This game is a major pain in the ass. @ >: o O ) >

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

this happen to me also. the first time I downloaded the up date data002 not present. don't know why but when I tried this again this time it was their. id give it another go. havnt got this game to load yet still workn on it.
DU ???

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You guys could also look on DU, there are several threads with already fixed versions ;)
This is much easier then doin it yourself, update v16 is included, so you only have to overwrite data and your good to go :)
Kind regards.

What's DU?

morpheous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Untitled.png
Naming is forbidden? Since when?
I even found Threads where links to DU Threads were posted...

Still no go...I did it two ways.

Copied over the files from his .zip for a total of over 2gb, over writing the Data002.pkg file, leaving the sound folder. blank screen.

Then i took out my sd card from my wii u, put in my pc and deleted the whole sound folder. The whole game was only 2.68gb! Still black screen! seemed real straight forward....

Last edited by morpheous,

morpheous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Untitled.png
View attachment 50853

Still no go...I did it two ways.

Copied over the files from his .zip for a total of over 2gb, over writing the Data002.pkg file, leaving the sound folder. blank screen.

Then i took out my sd card from my wii u, put in my pc and deleted the whole sound folder. The whole game was only 2.68gb! Still black screen! seemed real straight forward....

My 4th try, this time i only deleted the south folder. the game folder is now, 9.84gb on my SD card. will report back in a few minutes....

STILL DOESN'T WORK...!

Last edited by morpheous,

Sno0t

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
View attachment 50856

My 4th try, this time i only deleted the south folder. the game folder is now, 9.84gb on my SD card. will report back in a few minutes....

STILL DOESN'T WORK...!
Dude, it's perfectly written on DU
It's ONLY the update including the fix.
So Dump your game, create rpx (with all folders necessary))
Delete the sound Folder and copy EVERYTHING from the 3rd Zip into your original game root Folder.
Some files in Meta and Code will be overwritten, data002.cpk will be put into Content.
Done.
It works.
Tested by me and proven to work even on usa version.
No extra 'update/v16' Folder.
just overwriting the ORIGINAL files...

Last edited by Sno0t,

morpheous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude, it's perfectly written on DU
It's ONLY the update including the fix.
So Dump your game, create rpx (with all folders necessary))
Delete the sound Folder and copy EVERYTHING from the 3rd Zip into your original game root Folder.
Some files in Meta and Code will be overwritten, data002.cpk will be put into Content.
Done.
It works.
Tested by me and proven to work even on usa version.
No extra 'update/v16' Folder.
just overwriting the ORIGINAL files...

I've done everything perfectly...still doesn't work. must be only for Europe consoles, not USA

morpheous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've done everything perfectly...still doesn't work. must be only for Europe consoles, not USA

My theory was correct! I got the USA release of 101 and applied the patch by over writing the files in the root directory. put the SD card in the wii u, launched the exploit and 15 seconds later....BAM! The game loaded!

The Euro version NEVER loaded for me, WITH patch or NOT! I have real that some games folder that are named with US and Eur have to be renamed but i never saw any folders with these prefixes. Maybe some files that are named for different regions, perhaps.

For anyone out there that has a NTSC wii U and downloaded the Euro version and can't get it working before and after applying this patch, its because you need the NTSC version of the game and not the Euro version for this patch to work on your wii u.

Sno0t

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So basically this works only for the correct version on correct console?
I will add this to the post over on DU.
Thx for reporting back.

morpheous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So basically this works only for the correct version on correct console?
I will add this to the post over on DU.
Thx for reporting back.

Yes, that appears to be the case... The euro version just gave a black screen, never loaded. However, the USA version that i tried first in the form of a .wud file. After i extracted the files and deleted the "system" folder and then moved the 3 folders to my SD card. It gave me a black screen but after about 10-15 minutes, the game booted!

I didn't even intend to wait that long.

I was just reading on this thread, looking for solutions while the screen was black.

Then i look down after 10-15 minutes and there is something on the screen.

Then i pressed the a button and the game begins. it actually worked but there was no background music and the speech was stuttered at the beginning of each sentence.

So there you have it! if anyone has successfully booted a Euro version of "The wonderful 101" on their NTSC wii u and got it to boot with the patch or without, please respond to this post.

It could be that my euro rip of the game was corrupted, its possible. ^_^

asator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I did repack procedure and it worked, quick loads, but continues with the sound cutting issue equal to what you posted: "The game now takes 15-20 seconds to load but i have a problem: the dialog audio seems to be "cut" at the very beginning of each sentence... is there a way to avoid that ?"

I did repack using the English(us) folder and still continues cutting the dialogue. I have the game and downloaded update WiiUISO.
If you have any idea what might be or someone resolvel otherwise, I thank you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT