The Switch Flashcart Thread (Mig Switch/Unlocked Switch etc.)

DSlite2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay i got banned lmao so i think using the mig while connected to wifi is fine but if you actually go online in a game its a ban

View attachment 444709
Is that with a legit copy that you dumped or a downloaded xci?

My son has been playing online with his and no ban. All of our games are our own personal dumps.

Last edited by DSlite2,

Shadow_The_Hedgehog82

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Using a self dumped game, or downloaded?
Is that with a legit copy that you dumped or a downloaded xci?

My son has been playing online with his and no ban. All of our games are our own personal dumps.
A game you dumped yourself or found online?
bdsp from online with a labo cert so its cert mismatch but also i did go online with ams and custom home menu themes so cant be certain lmao, before when i was playing with wifi on with the same setup i wasn't using atmosphere, i did just mod another switch so i will try on this and only play without atmoshpere will report back in a couple days if i get banned or not

okay played mario kart online with no atmosphere on my other one also using a labo cert (not same as the ones i used for diamond) we will see if ban

Last edited by Shadow_The_Hedgehog82,

gbadl

Trophies
XP
Country
bdsp from online with a labo cert so its cert mismatch but also i did go online with ams and custom home menu themes so cant be certain lmao, before when i was playing with wifi on with the same setup i wasn't using atmosphere, i did just mod another switch so i will try on this and only play without atmoshpere will report back in a couple days if i get banned or not

okay played mario kart online with no atmosphere on my other one also using a labo cert (not same as the ones i used for diamond) we will see if ban
So an XCI standalone file with a cert and initial data from a completely different game actually works? I thought there were people saying the the XCI has to match the cert and initial data and Mig Switch was lying that we can mix and match.

TheStonedModder

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So an XCI standalone file with a cert and initial data from a completely different game actually works? I thought there were people saying the the XCI has to match the cert and initial data and Mig Switch was lying that we can mix and match.
If the XCi and initial data file are not from the same game the MiG won’t read the game at all. It’s invalid

The certs (the other 3 files) don’t matter and the games will technically be valid and work. But that is what seems to be what may be causing bans

All 5 files must match to be completely valid.

Lumpofcoal

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Speaking of bans, it seems like another person has gotten one

In that thread, the OP was playing games from a large russian dump that is now making the rounds. It's assumed he did not go online with it before the ban since he menitoned being in airlane mode all the way.

Last edited by Lumpofcoal,

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup playing dumps you don't own is causing these bans. Its no different than dumping a rental game then you return it, meanwhile a new user goes online using the same game that the dumper went online with.

Reactions: 4d1xlaan

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I have a couple of questions:

Let's say I've got several XCI files and their matching initial data BINs from the publicly available dumps and got the other 3 cert files from a donor game that I bought new and dumped it myself. After that I've properly renamed those cert files and used the same files for all the games I've download XCIs and matching initial data files. Shouldn't I be able to:
1) While offline, put the MIG Switch into the Switch and Switch between the games I've added to it?
2) After removing the MIG Switch cart from the Switch and going online, update the games I've previously cycled through (as far as I know, you don't need to have carts inside your Switch in order to perform the game updates?).
3) Play the games only in airplane mode or with the Nintendo servers blocked via 90DNS, and therefore avoid going online and getting banned for playing online with "mixed" dumps i.e. publicly available XCIs + Initial data mixed with self-dumped donor certs?

Last time I heard you can use the donor certs from a game you own in order to use the publicly available dumps and update those games, just make sure not to go online with MIG inside your Switch. Or does it mean that as soon as you put the MIG Switch into your Switch and run at least one mixed dump, telemetry might pick it up and get your console banned in that process?

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At this rate ppl should just use the Mig Switch as it was intended for meaning your own dumps. Keep the Switch offline for good you pretty much banned the console yourself with a side order of paranoid . If ppl had access to a separate nand none of this would be a big deal, but thats the shortcoming of the Mig device it has a high rate of bans when misused. So unless you get a 2nd switch for online play that would be beneficial .

Last edited by MasterJ360,
Reactions: 4d1xlaan

TheStonedModder

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup playing dumps you don't own is causing these bans. Its no different than dumping a rental game then you return it, meanwhile a new user goes online using the same game that the dumper went online with.
Sure it’s different

These people are mix and matching the certification files with ones from a different game

A rental will have a complete 5/5 match

Reactions: DSlite2

retnuh730

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From a proper donor game (i.e. the one you've dumped personally, that no one else has) or from a random publicly-available dumped game with all the cert files?
I believe if the public dumps are using donor games that are not the game they're being used with, the game will boot but Nintendo will recognize that it is not a proper match. The only way to avoid is to use a proper dump with all 5 files from a cartridge. If you play offline, donor carts will let you run any game, though.

Reactions: Blythe93

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Proper doner games it seems like

Making games a 2/5 match instead of a 5/5 match (idk how to word it)
Ah, that's a shame. So if you use XCI and initial data from a public dump and use a donor certs from a different game that you own and know no one else dumped is still guaranteed ban? I know that using publicly available dumps is 100% guaranteed ban, but wasn't using the donor certs and playing offline a safe way to avoid ban and still use MIG Switch for the games you don't own? if not, so you definitely need 5/5 match in order to not get banned? What's the point of donor certs, just to get the game to work, regardless of whether you get banned or not?

If you play offline, donor carts will let you run any game, though.
But you'll eventually get banned if you go online?

retnuh730

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, that's a shame. So if you use XCI and initial data from a public dump and use a donor certs from a different game that you own and know no one else dumped is still guaranteed ban? I know that using publicly available dumps is 100% guaranteed ban, but wasn't using the donor certs and playing offline a safe way to avoid ban and still use MIG Switch for the games you don't own? if not, so you definitely need 5/5 match in order to not get banned? What's the point of donor certs, just to get the game to work, regardless of whether you get banned or not?

But you'll eventually get banned if you go online?
From what I understand this is the current belief, yes. There has not been enough evidence to truly confirm anything yet. The donor certs can be used to boot any game, but once you go online in any form and the log of using that cert is sent, Nintendo in theory has the information known to ban you. The reports of bans so far are so sporadic we can't be sure if that is what is happening or if there's other factors as well.

Reactions: Blythe93

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: hello everyone