The Switch Flashcart Thread (Mig Switch/Unlocked Switch etc.)

TheStonedModder

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, that's a shame. So if you use XCI and initial data from a public dump and use a donor certs from a different game that you own and know no one else dumped is still guaranteed ban? I know that using publicly available dumps is 100% guaranteed ban, but wasn't using the donor certs and playing offline a safe way to avoid ban and still use MIG Switch for the games you don't own? if not, so you definitely need 5/5 match in order to not get banned? What's the point of donor certs, just to get the game to work, regardless of whether you get banned or not?

But you'll eventually get banned if you go online?
Seems like any sort of donor cert is leading to a ban. But ofc we don't know for sure. The last reddit post linked the OP claims to have been using his own private certs

Which makes me think that games do need to be a 5/5 match. To further make me belive that..my buddy and I have been playing games aquired another way that are 5/5 matches but we do not own and have not been banned so far

Plus combined with the fact I did this back on SXOS days and still played online without a ban. I really believe this theory ngl. But nothing is certain. Those games didn't have the certs either since they wheren't really used back then but those games where also "private" dumps between a few friends and I only

Shadow_The_Hedgehog82

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Seems like any sort of donor cert is leading to a ban. But ofc we don't know for sure. The last reddit post linked the OP claims to have been using his own private certs

Which makes me think that games do need to be a 5/5 match. To further make me belive that..my buddy and I have been playing games aquired another way that are 5/5 matches but we do not own and have not been banned so far

Plus combined with the fact I did this back on SXOS days and still played online without a ban. I really believe this theory ngl. But nothing is certain. Those games didn't have the certs either since they wheren't really used back then but those games where also "private" dumps between a few friends and I only
yeah i also played online with sxos using certs from other games and didn't get banned, my switch is unbanned to this day but maybe they weren't checking for that stuff back then

Reactions: Blythe93

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I've heard that it's possible to update the games locally by connecting to the Switch with a higher version of the game or something like that, but I haven't tested it out yet. The only downside to using MIG Switch on a banned console is that you can't really download updates the official way, only updating firmware works.

Reactions: console and BigOnYa

TheStonedModder

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've heard that it's possible to update the games locally by connecting to the Switch with a higher version of the game or something like that, but I haven't tested it out yet. The only downside to using MIG Switch on a banned console is that you can't really download updates the official way, only updating firmware works.
That works, i usually do that with my banned v1 and switch and retail when im trying to complete the yearly pokemon game

It lets me be much lazier than turning on a whole PC

Lumpofcoal

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Have another guy doing a test round for bans on reddit.

Another data point to keep track of.

I also ordered a used OLED to use with the MIG so that can also be a test subject.

I think the step of factory reset is pointless. If they are doing it due to the theory that it could somehow clear logs, then it has already been widely tested by the CFW community that it doesn't.

retnuh730

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the step of factory reset is pointless. If they are doing it due to the theory that it could somehow clear logs, then it has already been widely tested by the CFW community that it doesn't.
If so, we might be able to at least get game updates without getting dinged, since he was able to connect to the eshop and download another title.
Post automatically merged:

The MIG site seems to be back up under https://migswitchru.com/. I'm not exactly sure how to verify that is actually the same people running the site, but the store links seem to still be accurate.

Last edited by retnuh730,

TheStonedModder

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don’t tell that to the MiG Reddit they will get upset

I’ve been trying to tell them using airplane mode doesn’t hide logs and you can’t wipe logs at all for a minute now. They will just get pissy and say you’re wrong

It’s such a toxic and crap sub of people yelling in Their own echo chamber

retnuh730

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don’t tell that to the MiG Reddit they will get upset

I’ve been trying to tell them using airplane mode doesn’t hide logs and you can’t wipe logs at all for a minute now. They will just get pissy and say you’re wrong

It’s such a toxic and crap sub of people yelling in Their own echo chamber
Even if this step is pointless, didn't he indirectly confirm that you can connect to the eShop with publicly dumped certs and not get banned immediately?

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
BAHAHAHHAHA they will be in for a nasty surprise then.
They should at least use a DNS that blocks the telemetry but allow everything else (not that is 100% safe)

• Haha

SecureBoot

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have another guy doing a test round for bans on reddit.

Another data point to keep track of.

I also ordered a used OLED to use with the MIG so that can also be a test subject.

Have you or anyone else specifically tested one cart over a small handful of systems (less than 5)? Me and my two brothers each have switches and I wouldn't necessarily feel guilty by dumping one Minecraft cart and enabling multiplayer between the three of us.

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
BAHAHAHHAHA they will be in for a nasty surprise then.
They should at least use a DNS that blocks the telemetry but allow everything else (not that is 100% safe)
Sadly that's only prolonging the inevitable. :/ If only you could freeze/lock the logs or block them from being sent to big N.

SecureBoot

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
haha, indeed!

Nintendo made the Switch really secure after all.
(Nvidia not so much x3)
Genuine question, did Nintendo make it *that* secure or did the gaping NVIDIA flaws just lead to people not looking too hard into alternatives? We had RCM from like year one. Even when Mariko units came out, it wasn't long until people created mod chips to just get hold of the same exploits.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Genuine question, did Nintendo make it *that* secure or did the gaping NVIDIA flaws just lead to people not looking too hard into alternatives? We had RCM from like year one. Even when Mariko units came out, it wasn't long until people created mod chips to just get hold of the same exploits.
The issue is the Nvidia chip being abused. I don't know how possible/worth it would been for Nintendo to change the Switch APU to a totally new model rather than a increment update. I'm not knowledgeable enough about it.

How did the Mig Switch break the cart loading? Grapevine say abuse of SDK and Gigaleak. (also only heard it from one person they dumped the keys after decapping Lotus)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @DTApple, and the game im already making will only have about 3 levels due to my skill level