The once PlayStation exclusive Days Gone heads to PC

D64DBE72-0625-4EE8-A286-E9C18F31D925.jpeg

The president and CEO of Sony Interactive Entertainment, Jim Ryan, has lots to share about the future of PlayStation. In a freshly published interview with GQ, the man behind SIE confirmed that just as Horizon Zero Dawn did, another PlayStation exclusive title would be making its way to PC, among a “slate” of other games in the future. Days Gone will be headed to the PC platform “later this Spring”. PlayStation has found success with their first game being brought over to a new subset of players, and as Ryan says, “there’s a opportunity to expose these great games to a wider audience”.

Fair enough. So releasing PlayStation games on PC was something that Sony PlayStation held back on for a long time. Now it sounds like you’re very much on that bandwagon. What changed?

I think a few things changed. We find ourselves now in early 2021 with our development studios and the games that they make in better shape than they’ve ever been before. Particularly from the latter half of the PS4 cycle our studios made some wonderful, great games. There’s an opportunity to expose those great games to a wider audience and recognise the economics of game development, which are not always straightforward. The cost of making games goes up with each cycle, as the calibre of the IP has improved. Also, our ease of making it available to non-console owners has grown. So it’s a fairly straightforward decision for us to make.

:arrow: Source

anothertemper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I bought this game when it went on sale thinking it would be a cheap throwaway that I might not ever play. It ended up being way more fun than I expected. The story was surprisingly engrossing, too. I don't really like zombie, survival, or stealth elements in games, but this one just...worked for me. Definitely give it a shot. It might surprise you.

Reactions: Skelletonike

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Bought it last year, the game has a pretty decent plot and I quite liked the characters and the world. Fights required getting used to them, and you could easily die to a nobody at the start.

When you eventually fight the hordes with your upgraded bike it is pretty awesome.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :shy::blush: +1