Former PS5 exclusive Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart launches on PC, is cracked in less than an hour

Sony's latest PC port is not using Denuvo as anti-piracy DRM, as proven by the fact that the game was cracked within 30 minutes of its launch. Releasing on PC today after being a PlayStation 5 exclusive for the last two years, Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart is available now on Steam. It's a 40GB game and has compatibility with the Steam Deck, with the port being developed by Nixxes, a studio recently acquired by Sony, and was responsible for the PC release of Marvel's Spider-Man. Currently, Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart is available on Steam for $59.99.

:arrow: Official Steam Page

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
Awfully nice of them to not include Denuvo on an AAA game for once. If anything it'll probably have a positive effect on sales, too.
Getting cracked so quickly for not using Denuvo incentivises the use of Denuvo unfortunately.

When's Sony gonna port Gran Turismo 7 to PC? :)

MotorStorm series would be nice, too.
The way Sony seems to work is when a sequel is when a new game on an entry is about to be released, they launch the old one on PC to try to hook people so they may want to buy a PS5. Spider-Man gets to PC, Miles Morales gets launched a bit after, Miles Morales gets to PC, Spider-Man 2 gets announced, late to the party but they launched TLOU 2 and then they ported the latest Uncharted and TLOU 1, Horizon is launched to PC, Horizon 2 is anounced,...

Racing and sports games I don't think they'd for that criteria. If a new one is about to come out, the old one won't really sell.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Neat no Denuvo. I passed on quite a few games because of Denuvo. I still wanna buy Deus Ex Mankind Divided, but it has Denuvo, which is a high NOPE from me. It goes on sale for 5 dollars really often too, but still, NOPE.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto