Spider-Man: Miles Morales PC port gets release date and new trailer

Following on the heels of the PC port of the formerly PlayStation-exclusive Marvel's Spider-Man, studio Nixxes Software is bringing the sequel, Spider-Man: Miles Morales to PC as well. In a brand new "features trailer", Nixxes divulges details on the upcoming version of the game. PC players get to experience NVIDIA Reflex and DLSS 3 graphics, ray-traced reflections and shadows, and support for ultrawide resolutions. The PC port will be available on both Steam and the Epic Games Store when it launches on November 18th.

xtrem3x

Trophies
XP
Country
As an AMD fan, I hope they have FSR 2.1! Forget this proprietary DLSS nonsense!

Why be a fan of any company who doesn't care about you and whose only purpose is to make money for their shareholders? I never understand this... Nvidia/AMD/Intel fanboys... Just buy which ever product is best in your price range with the features you would like ffs, who cares which name is on the box if it does the job you need it to do.

Reactions: Randomdude0

kcajjones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Why be a fan of any company who doesn't care about you and whose only purpose is to make money for their shareholders? I never understand this... Nvidia/AMD/Intel fanboys... Just buy which ever product is best in your price range with the features you would like ffs, who cares which name is on the box if it does the job you need it to do.
I'm not really a fan boy, I just support open source and free technologies, which AMD seems to be pushing against Nvidia's proprietary insular tech. I think these upscaling and Ray tracing features are great but long term open source is the way forward.

Remember how Gsync vs Freesync went? Nvidia are one of the worst companies going for anti consumer practices.

kisamesama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a GTX 1070 and previously had the rx 580. But I agree with @kcajjones; hope they add FSR 2.0 to the game. DLSS is proprietary and has a premium cost just like gsync...

xtrem3x

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not really a fan boy, I just support open source and free technologies, which AMD seems to be pushing against Nvidia's proprietary insular tech. I think these upscaling and Ray tracing features are great but long term open source is the way forward.

Remember how Gsync vs Freesync went? Nvidia are one of the worst companies going for anti consumer practices.

Have you noticed that AMD mainly release open source versions of technologies originally created by Nvidia? They don't come up with anything new themselves. You wouldn't have these technologies at all if Nvidia hadn't made them first.

Nvidia created Gsync - AMD released an open source inferior version (but cheaper and preferred in the long run)
Nvidia created DLSS - AMD released an open source inferior version

Do you think AMD would have thought of these things on their own and then released them open source? Of course they wouldn't, they don't have the budget/RND finances that Nvidia have. They do it because their approach is inferior so they wouldn't be able to sell it effectively if it was proprietary so open source is their only option. It's just a bonus 'being the good guy' and releasing it open source fools a lot of buyers and puts them in a good light.

On the flip side, Nvidia put millions into developing raytracing. Yes they called their package RTX, but their raytracing implementation was then adopted by MS and put into DX12. That's pretty much making it open source. It's the standard that has been widely adopted across the board.

Lol, this post makes me look like an Nvidia fanboy :rofl: but I'm just trying to show you that AMD is not releasing these things open source to be your friend. They're a company just like any other. Both AMD and Nvidia will happily push the prices of graphics cards through the roof, ripping off gamers worldwide. Both companies sold directly to miners then harped on about how miners were scooping up all the cards and driving up prices and that their hands were tied. Both companies have been found using underhand tactics for years just to make more money with me and you paying the cost.

AMD have released some truly legendary products in the past, but so have Intel and so have Nvidia. The best thing you can do for yourself, as a consumer, is buy what is best within your budget and pay no attention to which company is selling it

Reactions: Randomdude0

kcajjones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Have you noticed that AMD mainly release open source versions of technologies originally created by Nvidia? They don't come up with anything new themselves. You wouldn't have these technologies at all if Nvidia hadn't made them first.

Nvidia created Gsync - AMD released an open source inferior version (but cheaper and preferred in the long run)
Nvidia created DLSS - AMD released an open source inferior version

Do you think AMD would have thought of these things on their own and then released them open source? Of course they wouldn't, they don't have the budget/RND finances that Nvidia have. They do it because their approach is inferior so they wouldn't be able to sell it effectively if it was proprietary so open source is their only option. It's just a bonus 'being the good guy' and releasing it open source fools a lot of buyers and puts them in a good light.

On the flip side, Nvidia put millions into developing raytracing. Yes they called their package RTX, but their raytracing implementation was then adopted by MS and put into DX12. That's pretty much making it open source. It's the standard that has been widely adopted across the board.

Lol, this post makes me look like an Nvidia fanboy :rofl: but I'm just trying to show you that AMD is not releasing these things open source to be your friend. They're a company just like any other. Both AMD and Nvidia will happily push the prices of graphics cards through the roof, ripping off gamers worldwide. Both companies sold directly to miners then harped on about how miners were scooping up all the cards and driving up prices and that their hands were tied. Both companies have been found using underhand tactics for years just to make more money with me and you paying the cost.

AMD have released some truly legendary products in the past, but so have Intel and so have Nvidia. The best thing you can do for yourself, as a consumer, is buy what is best within your budget and pay no attention to which company is selling it
Of course it's all about competition. That doesn't mean credit shouldn't be given and support shouldn't be shown for the open source initiative, even if there's an obvious motivation of making money and not just "being nice".

If enough people praise good practices and show support by buying that company's products then that becomes the best way to make money.

I'm not saying you're right or wrong but giving praise to the greedy green giant is all good except they're inflating prices like there's no tomorrow which is terrible for consumers like me who aren't made of money!

Ciphray

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AMD basically has to make theirs work on Nvidia if they want developers to support it at all
As a developer if you're going to choose between DLSS which works on Nvidia only, and something that worked on AMD only
when the Nvidia cards are outselling AMD cards 4:1, which are you going to invest money in supporting?

Amd's smartest business move is to then release something that works on both so they can convince developers
that "If you use mine it'll work on mine AND Nvidias!".

They're not doing it because it's a good guy move, but simply one that tries to take away an Nvidia selling point, so they can sell more of their own cards. (Intel has support for XeSS on other companies cards for the same reason)

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not saying you're right or wrong but giving praise to the greedy green giant is all good except they're inflating prices like there's no tomorrow which is terrible for consumers like me who aren't made of money!
It looks that way but the only thing inflating prices is the market. Consumers showed them that they were willing to pay exorbitant prices during the pandemic so why wouldn't they continue that trend if it works. If people stopped buying then they would be forced to lower prices, but instead cards like the $1599 RTX 4090 sell out shortly after release.

Murazik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We have two Spider-Men and two games, will there be a third Spider-Man in the next installment, which there definitely will be, with these kind of sales? How about Gwen?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I had 4.89 hfw on super slim that was great, but when I got a new hard disk I forgot where the guide was and could only find a guide for 4.90 and its resources
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I think another reason to want to update is if the hfw is at the level of the fw
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you can sync trophies
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that's what I'm sitting on now- 4.9, and it seems fine, have had no issues at all
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't know if people play online or such
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My ps3 short circuited during a deep clean still salty about it after downloading 2tbs worth but SteamDeck okay with emulation still just can't run mgs4 worth shit
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea forgot bout trophies. They just silly to me. Just like the xbox achievements. Hey, to each they own tho.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It keeps players in touch with the game like a check list of things to do after they beat it
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa they ruined the gaming experience for me to be honest
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa Im not crazy about getting all of them, i feel like I have something to show for for the time put in
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa If you want to do rgh or 360 mod
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does it matter if you update your 360 or not before trying is it advisable or not
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I don't pay attention to them really. Or do I try to 100% a game. I just play till story ends/ or I get the girl!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there issues that you first found out thru south park
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there...