New gameplay trailer for 'Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart' released

ratchet.PNG

Released today is a brand-new trailer for the upcoming PS5-exclusive Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart. It gives us a new look at the gameplay and some cinematics:

The intergalactic adventurers are back with a bang. Help them stop a robotic emperor intent on conquering cross-dimensional worlds, with their own universe next in the firing line. Witness the evolution of the dream team as they’re joined by Rivet – a Lombax resistance fighter from another dimension.

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart launches exclusively on the PS5 this June 11 and is available to pre-order. More details can be found on the game's official PlayStation page.

:arrow: SOURCE

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The fact that it's a PS5 exclusive doesn't help either, considering I don't have a PS5. Not planning to any time soon.
Meanwhile, I'm just waiting for Spider-Man: Miles Morales to be discounted, since it's a PS4/5 cross-platform game.

Let's see, worthwhile PS4 games...Spider-Man (except DLC), Ghost of Tsushima, Persona 5 Royal, and hopefully Miles Morales. Only four, huh...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I love that she's subtly trans (lombaxes are sexually dimorphic so the tail is the tell), feels good to get a little bit of representation without all the usual screeching from moronic bigots.
oH mY gOd yOu RuInEd iT nOoOoOoOoOo

Trans-ist stereotypes ('jokes') aside, still don't like the character; still not bloody Ratchet.
Then again, the last time he's had any kind of attitude was, what, Deadlocked? The "Future" games really didn't do the series any favours, unfortunately, watering the main duo down, and then came the "reboot" that made them essentially salted crisps - bland, tasteless, and totally pass-up-able.

Reactions: RichardTheKing

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Oops, I've been mistaken. Stripping this series of it's signature texture, comedy, style, atmosphere, and intelligence was actually the only reasonable way for it to move forward over a decade ago. I guess I'm just an obnoxious fanboy for having legitimate reasons to hate these hacks for turning a series that I used to love into a giant pile of shit! What an asshole I am!

Again how can you know that for what amounts for a few minutes of cutscenes?

We didn't see any actual gameplay at all.

I love that she's subtly trans (lombaxes are sexually dimorphic so the tail is the tell), feels good to get a little bit of representation without all the usual screeching from moronic bigots.

Depends, a different universe could mean female lombaxes there are different due to a different path of evolution.

Last edited by raxadian,

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gotta love when people bash games that they've never played a single time. Especially when one of the reasons is because there's a playable female character. Fucking stupid.

i am fan since first game..that was 2002......i will get this but i wont do on launch........i mean seriously? fucking 79.99 Euros? WTF

That price is for the digital deluxe edition with a bunch of useless bonus garbage.

Last edited by D34DL1N3R,
Reactions: Payne

Deleted member 412537

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rivet, huh? That character name reminds me of somebody from Nick Jr. I'll just call her Gidget in my mind. lol
Hopefully the time spent cycling between Ratchet and this character will be divided up fairly.
Only time will tell.

Last edited by Deleted member 412537,
D

Deleted User

Again how can you know that for what amounts for a few minutes of cutscenes?

We didn't see any actual gameplay at all.

Depends, a different universe could mean female lombaxes there are different due to a different path of evolution.
No, I say that because Insomniac hasn't cared about this franchise since the 7th gen, and nothing we've seen hints that they've changed anything.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
No, I say that because Insomniac hasn't cared about this franchise since the 7th gen, and nothing we've seen hints that they've changed anything.

Dr. Nefarious has once again become a legitimate threat, although I am tired of him and since this whole thing is alternate universes we could have some other villain return instead. Imagine if you will A COMPETENT CAPTAIN QUARK THAT RULES THE UNIVERSE... FOR JUSTICE!

Ratchet screws up by shooting the Dimensionator showing we thankfully don't have the remake Ratchet to deal with.

Clank is back to both being more active in the plot and arguing with Rachet (and others) this is greatly appreciated.

I don't think this wil be the best R&C game ever but I think it will be at least a decent game by what we have seen so far.

Reactions: AkiraKurusu
D

Deleted User

Dr. Nefarious has once again become a legitimate threat, although I am tired of him and since this whole thing is alternate universes we could have some other villain return instead. Imagine if you will A COMPETENT CAPTAIN QUARK THAT RULES THE UNIVERSE... FOR JUSTICE!

Ratchet screws up by shooting the Dimensionator showing we thankfully don't have the remake Ratchet to deal with.

Clank is back to both being more active in the plot and arguing with Rachet (and others) this is greatly appreciated.

I don't think this wil be the best R&C game ever but I think it will be at least a decent game by what we have seen so far.
This has no relevance to what I said at all.

D

Deleted User

Definite what you mean by "not caring" then.

I admit the PS4 games are completely forgetable.
By "not caring" I mean not caring. They do not care about this franchise. They've transformed a creative, fun, funny, engaging, intelligent, and memorable series about two outcasts exploring the works of a world of shallow self-absorption and consumerism into a generic, boring, easy, pandering, worthless, stupid, and forgettable series about what it once did such a good job at satirizing.

This is what Ratchet & Clank started as:

This is what it is now:

I'm not going to keep replying. I have every reason to hate what this series has become, and the people that let it get this way. I'm sorry for caring about this series, i really am, but that's more than I can say about the hacks at Insomniac Games.

Oh, and I'd also like to point out that many of the people at the studio also have the balls to call people who liked the original games stupid, toxic fanboys. Take that in.

Reactions: RichardTheKing

BSTCloud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
By "not caring" I mean not caring. They do not care about this franchise. They've transformed a creative, fun, funny, engaging, intelligent, and memorable series about two outcasts exploring the works of a world of shallow self-absorption and consumerism into a generic, boring, easy, pandering, worthless, stupid, and forgettable series about what it once did such a good job at satirizing.

This is what Ratchet & Clank started as:

This is what it is now:

I'm not going to keep replying. I have every reason to hate what this series has become, and the people that let it get this way. I'm sorry for caring about this series, i really am, but that's more than I can say about the hacks at Insomniac Games.

Oh, and I'd also like to point out that many of the people at the studio also have the balls to call people who liked the original games stupid, toxic fanboys. Take that in.

Based. Most people won't care but we played the games when released, we loved what this series was, and it progressively became what it was initially parodying.
Do not decontextualize and frivolize what the games 'were' about, play and see the difference for yourself.
The tone of the cutscenes, the writing, the underground clank-a-junk-a look of the game, the soundtrack... it's been slowly but surely shifting into this safe family friendly pixary soulless empty husk of its former self.

It's fine to like this, want this, play this, and enjoy this. I sure as hell am not personally going to wreck any conversation's wall to screech and sperg that "back in my day", but what I honestly think feels terrible is disregarding absolutely legit reasons to dislike what something has moved on to, when it comes to 100% objective changes (whether or not are for better or worse, that's up to each own to decid).

Last edited by BSTCloud,

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Gotta love when people bash games that they've never played a single time. Especially when one of the reasons is because there's a playable female character. Fucking stupid.

That price is for the digital deluxe edition with a bunch of useless bonus garbage.

no thats 89.99 Euro the 79.99 Euro is the standard...i looked in every german electronic store website and it says 79.99 euro for the standard

Reactions: D34DL1N3R

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-