'Avowed' gets new gameplay trailer and release window

avowed.jpg

During the Xbox Developer_Direct, Obsidian aired a new deep dive trailer for its upcoming fantasy action RPG title Avowed:

Explore the Living Lands, a mysterious island filled with adventure and danger in this first deep dive into the gameplay experience you can expect in Avowed, our upcoming fantasy action RPG set in the fantastical, vibrant Living Lands. Learn more about how we incorporate world-building with profound themes, dynamic gameplay, and thoughtful reactivity and bring them to life in Avowed, where you can make choices to shape every step of your adventure.

In addition to the trailer, the developer has provided a release window for the game. Avowed is slated for a Fall 2024 release on PC, Xbox Series S/X and will be available on day one via Xbox Game Pass and PC Game Pass.

:arrow: SOURCE

Reactions: CoolMe and SuperDan

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
meh...
Post automatically merged:

Everything is getting a delay window nowadays
its a strategy. its not actually delayed, they make it delayed to create a hype and see if people will like it. if not, they can say its canceled. companies are so afraid to risk it, thats why there are ton of crap lately. by lately i mean in last 20 years.

Reactions: MikaTh

Aristeia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So glad this is on GamPass, with this Devs history, I wouldn't want to stump up cash
Ah yes, the very troubled history of Obsidian Entertainment with such horrific RPG bombs as "Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords" , "Fallout: New Vegas", and "Pillars of Eternity".

Oh wait...

Reactions: bjaxx87 and MikaTh

yoyoyo69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah yes, the very troubled history of Obsidian Entertainment with such horrific RPG bombs as "Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords" , "Fallout: New Vegas", and "Pillars of Eternity".

Oh wait...
Thanks for listing.

You're aware there is also a very large list of developers/publishers who have made great games years back, but more recently...

Only worse when you consider they're now owned by Microsoft.

Last edited by yoyoyo69,

Aristeia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for listing.

You're aware there is also a very large list of developers/publishers who have made great games years back, but more recently...

Only worse when you consider they're now owned by Microsoft.
I'm sure everyone involved isn't really happy about being bought out either, but it feels pretty unjust considering they've made good games even fairly recently.

If they only pump out shit for the next 5 years I'll eat my shorts but it's always been very clear that a lot of the devs at Obsidian and even Bethesda do actually care about the genre. Nobody can be expected to perform well with all these insane buyouts and pressures. Not even passionate developers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up