"Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart", previously a PS5 exclusive, is coming to PC on July 26th, 2023

Ratchet & Clank are celebrating their 20th anniversary this year, and with it comes "Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart" as the next title to be part of the (previously) PlayStation exclusive games to be ported to PC, with the title coming on July 27th, 2023, after almost 2 years from the original release back in 2021.

Sony unveiled a new trailer focusing on some of the PC features which will be included in the game, like Ultrawide support (even for cutscenes), NVIDIA DLSS 3, AMD FSR 2, Intel XeSS, the option to unlock the framerate, raytracing features like reflections and shadows, special feedback when using the PlayStation's DualSense controller, and other features.

Ratchet & Clank will be available on both the Steam and Epic Games storefronts, and it can now be wishlisted and also pre-purchased, and doing so will unlock special items in-game, like the Pixelizer Weapon and the Carbonox Armor set.

:arrow: Source

Lazyboss

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
I'm honestly tired of those same childish comments everytime a playstation exclusive got ported to PC, like "no reason to buy PS5 anymore" or "thank you for beta testing".

There are many reason to buy a PS5:
1. Cost of ps5 is way cheaper than a equal PC.
2. Exclusives takes at least 1 year or even 5 years to port to PC, and sometimes they didn't bother porting, why should anyone wait that long?
3. It's easy to buy PS5 even if you have no idea about hardware, just pick it up, while PC required knowledge about each piece of hardware and software which is not suitable for casual gamers.
4. No need to look at the minimum requirements for ps5, just install the game because it was designed and optimized for that single hardware.
5. Dualsense is a game changer, sure some games on PC support it, but still not wireless and doesn't feel the same.

I love my PS5 and also love my PC, and sure PC > PS5 but still there is no reason for me to sell it.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm honestly tired of those same childish comments everytime a playstation exclusive got ported to PC, like "no reason to buy PS5 anymore" or "thank you for beta testing".

There are many reason to buy a PS5:
1. Cost of ps5 is way cheaper than a equal PC.
2. Exclusives takes at least 1 year or even 5 years to port to PC, and sometimes they didn't bother porting, why should anyone wait that long?
3. It's easy to buy PS5 even if you have no idea about hardware, just pick it up, while PC required knowledge about each piece of hardware and software which is not suitable for casual gamers.
4. No need to look at the minimum requirements for ps5, just install the game because it was designed and optimized for that single hardware.
5. Dualsense is a game changer, sure some games on PC support it, but still not wireless and doesn't feel the same.

I love my PS5 and also love my PC, and sure PC > PS5 but still there is no reason for me to sell it.
It's just a gaming console, so no need to take it personally and list reasons why it's better in your opinion (it's just kind of silly and childish), but okay.

I reckon I'll eventually buy a PS5 except its library feels so weak and there isn't a game I want to play. I do hope Sony releases a PS5 Slim because the launch model is too damn big.

Lazyboss

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
It's just a gaming console, so no need to take it personally and list reasons why it's better in your opinion (it's just kind of silly and childish), but okay.

I reckon I'll eventually buy a PS5 except its library feels so weak and there isn't a game I want to play. I do hope Sony releases a PS5 Slim because the launch model is too damn big.
Did I say why it's better? You just made that up, I just stated the reasons to own a PS5 because according to many people there is no reason.

SaberLilly

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its always a treat seeing a new game get a PC port, although to be honest i kind of hoped ZD Forbidden West would be first.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did I say why it's better? You just made that up, I just stated the reasons to own a PS5 because according to many people there is no reason.
That was just your opinion and you're entitled to it, but listing reasons for a console just feels like something from the 90's Console Wars.

I have a PS3, 360, Wii, 3DS, Vita, and DS Lite. They're all superb, in my opinion. However, do I play any of them these days? Nah.

In fact, I'm thinking of taking a trucker's driver license as I like driving.

Lazyboss

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
That was just your opinion and you're entitled to it, but listing reasons for a console just feels like something from the 90's Console Wars.

I have a PS3, 360, Wii, 3DS, Vita, and DS Lite. They're all superb, in my opinion. However, do I play any of them these days? Nah.

In fact, I'm thinking of taking a trucker's driver license as I like driving.
Not opinion I stated facts, does those facts bother you?
I failed to understand what are you getting at by telling me about the things you own.

temptemp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't usually preorder games, I did it once this year with Forespoken and it went badly (deluxe version too). Even though I crave to play this on pc I've learnt the lesson.

_TheGuy_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very excited for this. Haven't played Ratchet and Clank since the first one on the PS2, so this will be a treat to play.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...