Former PS5 exclusive Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart launches on PC, is cracked in less than an hour

Sony's latest PC port is not using Denuvo as anti-piracy DRM, as proven by the fact that the game was cracked within 30 minutes of its launch. Releasing on PC today after being a PlayStation 5 exclusive for the last two years, Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart is available now on Steam. It's a 40GB game and has compatibility with the Steam Deck, with the port being developed by Nixxes, a studio recently acquired by Sony, and was responsible for the PC release of Marvel's Spider-Man. Currently, Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart is available on Steam for $59.99.

:arrow: Official Steam Page

Kaldaien

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The "crack" consists of copypasting in any of the usual Steam emulators. You can even use Goldberg Steam Emulator which is open source.
As long as controller input doesn't matter this might be true. But the Steam version uses Steam Input, so you'd be much better off pirating the Epic version since it uses normal Windows APIs for Input and not Steam's controller DRM.

MariArch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They might as well just start putting Denuvo on their games tbh since Empress is now a professional retard AND professional useless person

Attachments

• IMG_4399.jpeg
    IMG_4399.jpeg
    30.1 KB · Views: 20

Lazyboss

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
I am starting to wonder if Sony even wants people to buy a PS5
This again? Of course people will still buy the PS5, the first few days sales for any game is what matters the most, and most of these games still sell very well, porting them to PC after few years doesn't change anything, in fact it's more money to sony, as for us consumers we will have more free choices, for me if I really want a game I won't wait for it to port to PC after few years just for maybe better performance.

HRudyPlayZ

Developer, Gamer and Power User.
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Apparently so. How one can get sales from a game that has been cracked also?....unsure how that makes sense lol
Simple i (and thousands if not millions of people) refuse to buy a game with malware.
And with this virus being more and more present in games, the fact it doesn't have Denuvo gives me another incentive to buy the game as to reward the devs.
So, in the worst case scenario, sales are the same. Add to that the fact that Denuvo costs a lot for devs to bundle their malware, and youii see that publishers are winning by not putting this crap in no matter what.

Also piracy isn't necessarily harmful to sales, most pirated games are people that would've otherwise not bought the game anyways, either due to a lack of funds, the game not being sold in that person's country, the game no longer being sold legally or just not a deep enough interest to buy the game. Piracy does act as a more complete demo system, and it also gives the game a much bigger publicity, and if you want a proof of that just look no further than the most sold game, Minecraft.

Reactions: tabzer

Thejax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Getting cracked so quickly for not using Denuvo incentivises the use of Denuvo unfortunately.

The way Sony seems to work is when a sequel is when a new game on an entry is about to be released, they launch the old one on PC to try to hook people so they may want to buy a PS5. Spider-Man gets to PC, Miles Morales gets launched a bit after, Miles Morales gets to PC, Spider-Man 2 gets announced, late to the party but they launched TLOU 2 and then they ported the latest Uncharted and TLOU 1, Horizon is launched to PC, Horizon 2 is anounced,...

Racing and sports games I don't think they'd for that criteria. If a new one is about to come out, the old one won't really sell.

As well it's more "we've sold this game to death, we can keep it in peoples minds and make a lot of free money by selling a 4 year old game at full price to new buyers"

Reactions: pustal

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Given that the game is two years old and they've said most SP games will have some timed exclusivity BS, they're probably betting on the people buying their PC ports to either not be buying a PS5 anyway or buying the game again.

That said, it will save me a few hundred quid next gen unless some reason comes up.
This again? Of course people will still buy the PS5, the first few days sales for any game is what matters the most, and most of these games still sell very well, porting them to PC after few years doesn't change anything, in fact it's more money to sony, as for us consumers we will have more free choices, for me if I really want a game I won't wait for it to port to PC after few years just for maybe better performance.

Have to chuckle at these type of comments and the "likes" they receive. There has been over 40 million PS5's sold. I don't think they're concerned.
Y'all really shouldn't take my post that seriously.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto