Former PS5 exclusive Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart launches on PC, is cracked in less than an hour

Sony's latest PC port is not using Denuvo as anti-piracy DRM, as proven by the fact that the game was cracked within 30 minutes of its launch. Releasing on PC today after being a PlayStation 5 exclusive for the last two years, Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart is available now on Steam. It's a 40GB game and has compatibility with the Steam Deck, with the port being developed by Nixxes, a studio recently acquired by Sony, and was responsible for the PC release of Marvel's Spider-Man. Currently, Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart is available on Steam for $59.99.

:arrow: Official Steam Page

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Getting cracked so quickly for not using Denuvo incentivises the use of Denuvo unfortunately.
Nah I'm sure they knew that would happen, but they also know some of their customers hate Denuvo, and it might've been having a noticeable performance impact on the early PC builds of the game too.

Reactions: DarkCoffe64

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I’m not going to get good performance on the game if I buy a $340-$350 pc, PS5 plays the game great for that price point.
Well, Steam Deck runs it at 30-40 FPS depending on settings, but obviously PS5 is gonna give you double the frame rate at a much higher resolution. PS5 is a good value if you don't have an existing PC to upgrade. For my part I'd be tempted to sell my PS5 if not for it being the only way to access my PS4 library.

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Awfully nice of them to not include Denuvo on an AAA game for once. If anything it'll probably have a positive effect on sales, too.
I believe THE game is not even secured with antipiracy since $ony knew that none of any of shitty antipiracy would stand a chance, thus avoided sharing % of profits with antipiracy provider part of sales too.

Fumigator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sony is just trying to get people hooked on Playstation games , these games that have been coming out have been out a long time, Some already have a part 2 only on playstation with no telling if and when they will come to PC..

I really think they want it to get pirated , even hope people buy a DS5 controller get hooked on the games and the cool controller then want more and go buy the ps5 and sequals .... clear thats what they are doing.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
For the people saying 'LOL why buy PS5', the
I am starting to wonder if Sony even wants people to buy a PS5

Given that the game is two years old and they've said most SP games will have some timed exclusivity BS, they're probably betting on the people buying their PC ports to either not be buying a PS5 anyway or buying the game again.

That said, it will save me a few hundred quid next gen unless some reason comes up.

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Despite still finding R&C 2, 3 and Deadlocked to be good ol' chaotic shooter fun, I've never had any interest in this game.

It's due to many factors, such as R&C Future being a massive letdown (Tools of Destruction having cutscene audio lag, and in both A Crack in Time and ToD shooting stuff just wasn't as exciting as on the PS2, let alone exploring; the only decent one was Into the Nexus due to its short length - it was over quite quick. That's all that was bearable, which is sad), and Rivet just being an unnecessary addition that doesn't even play differently to Ratchet - she's just a female skin, which no? Lemme play as the eponymous character, not this wannabe noob.

Ratchet's had plenty of time to rack up accomplishments and characterisation, so he's who I want to play as. Rivet has nothing; why do I have to play as her? They could've made her more interesting by, I dunno, giving her unique weapons or making her the Luigi to Ratchet's Mario - jump higher but walk slower or something. They could've come up with some mechanical change to warrant the switch, but they just made her identical to the fan-fave character thereby negating any draw. What a waste; at least Angela Cross was never playable, and you got to stick with Ratchet all the way through Going Commando.

Kaldaien

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The "crack" consists of copypasting in any of the usual Steam emulators. You can even use Goldberg Steam Emulator which is open source.
Just not if you want to use a gamepad. Game's SteamInput-native, you really should grab the Epic versioin instead if you want to pirate it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto