The new voice actor for Mario has been revealed

mario.png

With the departure of Charles Martinet from the job of voicing Mario, Nintendo fans were highly curious as to who would take over the role. Initially revealed by a Tweet from the voice actor, and then confirmed by Nintendo themselves, the new voice of Mario and Luigi has been announced to be Kevin Afghani. In leaked early copies of Super Mario Bros. Wonder, he's listed in the credits as well. He's a voice actor known for voicing Arnold in Genshin Impact, while also providing his voice for a fan-made Dragon Ball animation. Previously, he's also done voiceover work in Nintendo Switch commercials and Nintendo Direct videos.

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They could've just used the hundreds of archived voices from Charles too ):
Nah, there's a huge amount of new lines in Wonder. They're trying to make the characters more expressive, Peach has a new voice, too.

This guy has a questionable portfolio. Nintendo probably wanted to keep things cheap, like they always do...
Look at Charles Martinet's work before becoming Mario to die instantly

Reactions: orangy57

Axmand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
In a better timeline they just revealed it to be Gilbert Gottfried.

Don't see why it matters, but here's his public photo:

View attachment 399232
Post automatically merged:

If I had to look on my crystal all and guess, I'd probably say to cut down on royalties to pay. Big companies been all about cutting insignificant costs to show investors and hoard as much money as they can. Kevin probably signed for much less than Charles was costing them.
Just to know...

Reactions: pustal

Luke94

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
They(Warner Bros.)changed multiple times voice of Lola Bunny. For instance they also changed voice of Fifi La Fume,Babs Bunny,Shirley McLoon…etc.

orangy57

bruh
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's awesome, dude's young too! The voice sounds great in the game clips i've seen, I just wonder how he'll sound in longer stuff like when charles martinet says sentences in the mario voice. I wonder who's gonna do the voices for wario and waluigi???

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
They(Warner Bros.)changed multiple times voice of Lola Bunny. For instance they also changed voice of Fifi La Fume,Babs Bunny,Shirley McLoon…etc.
in the end one guy ended up doing bugs, daffy, marvin pretty much nearly all of the male characters. talk about cutting costs

Last edited by Bladexdsl,

RaynorBlackwood

Trophies
Website
discord.gg
XP
Country
Germany
They could've just used the hundreds of archived voices from Charles too ):
That's what i said as well! That would be absolutely enough...
Post automatically merged:

From what I've played of the game so far it didn't improve. The pitch of his Mario voice is just too high, on the other hand (maybe in part due to that) his Luigi voice is far better, they should have kept him as Luigi and hired someone else to do Mario.
Piracy! 🤨 ...

KeeperCP1

"What, why, where, who?" is my middle name
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I played the Wonder leak and can say i didn't notice a single difference between both voices! :rofl2: Who else?

DragonMals

6th-7th Gen Retro Gaming Entusiast
Trophies
Country
United States
Why
He's a voice actor known for voicing Arnold in Genshin Impact, while also providing his voice for a fan-made Dragon Ball animation

I dunno if it's just me, or why has it becoming during the recent years that I'm able to see random ahh people on Twitter or something magically become the voice of (or become something of) Nintendo games? Toby Fox aside with Pokémon, I've seen someone mention that they're the new voice actress for one of the Pokémon in the new anime, and I remember someone else publicly stated that they've worked with tears of the kingdom or another game that m brain couldn't remember....

Usually when it comes to figuring out the voice acting for me, we just wait until we see the in game credits to see who's down the voice acting for which, but now these times I see these random people come in and congratulate this company for working on the game despite me never knowing who they are.

Granted this is a different case for Wonder as we've all been wondering what Mario and Luigis new voice is, but still...

Reactions: SylverReZ

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
charles martinet will not live forever. Ya gotta replace him at some point

Kevin's Luigi impression from what i've heard is perfect. I mostly play Luigi in mario games so IDK about Mario's voice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So salty