Charles Martinet is stepping back from voicing Mario and is assuming the new role of 'Mario Ambassador'

charles martinet.jpg

The iconic and long time voice actor of numerous characters in the Super Mario franchise, Charles Martinet is stepping back from recording character voices in Nintendo games. The news was shared by Nintendo's official Twitter account today where the company also announced that Martinet will be taking on the new role of Mario Amassador:

nintendo mario.png

What this new role entails wasn't made clear but we might find out more soon as the post also mentioned that a "special video message" from Shigeru Miyamoto and Charles Martinet will be shared later/

:arrow: SOURCE

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
not if the new voice is:

View attachment 389511

wait a moment.
Haven't seen the movie, and will never watch a movie or series with Murican dub because:
Sounds like a parody, like everything dubbed in English.
It's a rule of mine, Murican dub fucking sucks ass no matter what it is.
Martinet has done a wonderful job for these past 25 years, and I think he's totally right to step aside.

Just get someone that can act and will take the character seriously, even if: huuuur
Mario games have such complicated dialogue. Wonder how Nintendo will survive...

Come on.
Remember that Martinet not only voiced Mario, but Toad, Luigi, Wario, Waluigi and probably many more that I'm forgetting.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I think his French was pretty good in the Mario movie as Mario's dad
Just watched a bit of that interview and wow, I honestly had no idea how good his French really was.
It is a lot better than what I expected.

Reactions: CharlesDeGaulle

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Remember that Martinet not only voiced Mario, but Toad, Luigi, Wario, Waluigi and probably many more that I'm forgetting.
It's as devastating to me like if the guy who voices Homer Simpson were to ever step down... The show would be finished, because of how many voices that one dude lends to the show.

gisel213

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks you so much for a playin my game my voice will never be the same. Oh wait snap A.I. exist they don't need to hire anyone. Just use A.I. generated voice samples bam its a me Mario the voice we all know and love :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

Reactions: DragonMals

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another reason on why he wasn't able to voice the whole movie.
It's as devastating to me like if the guy who voices Homer Simpson were to ever step down... The show would be finished, because of how many voices that one dude lends to the show.
Well, Rick and Morty voice actor had to "step down", but the shows seem to still carry on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto