Charles Martinet is stepping back from voicing Mario and is assuming the new role of 'Mario Ambassador'

charles martinet.jpg

The iconic and long time voice actor of numerous characters in the Super Mario franchise, Charles Martinet is stepping back from recording character voices in Nintendo games. The news was shared by Nintendo's official Twitter account today where the company also announced that Martinet will be taking on the new role of Mario Amassador:

nintendo mario.png

What this new role entails wasn't made clear but we might find out more soon as the post also mentioned that a "special video message" from Shigeru Miyamoto and Charles Martinet will be shared later/

:arrow: SOURCE

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Personally I think this is a creative decision from Nintendo and not him stepping down, I don't see how hard it would have been to record wahoos and such. Even more when we think that he'll continue doing the voice when meeting people as Mario ambassador.

They can't say they're firing him, they can't fire him, they can make him a Mario ambassador.

Honnestly I just hope we don't end up with a different Mario voice. (not as in actor but style)

_47iscool

Noticer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That garbage movie probably had something to do with this.

In other news, AI voice (AKA 'deepfake') could probably be used with his voice if they wanted to for future games.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally I think this is a creative decision from Nintendo and not him stepping down, I don't see how hard it would have been to record wahoos and such. Even more when we think that he'll continue doing the voice when meeting people as Mario ambassador.

They can't say they're firing him, they can't fire him, they can make him a Mario ambassador.

Honnestly I just hope we don't end up with a different Mario voice. (not as in actor but style)
It is assumed the voice in the Wonder trailer is the new VA.
Post automatically merged:

So, what exactly is a "Mario Ambassador?" The name sounds a little silly in my opinion.
Assume that will be explained in the upcoming video with Charles and Miyamoto.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
In all fairness, there’s only so many times you absolutely *need* to record someone saying “bing-bing yahoo!” to have enough samples to last you a lifetime. So long, gay Bowser! I wonder what the ambassador position implies. Which country will host the Mushroom Kingdom embassy? :unsure:

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In all fairness, there’s only so many times you absolutely *need* to record someone saying “bing-bing yahoo!” to have enough samples to last you a lifetime. So long, gay Bowser! I wonder what the ambassador position implies. Which country will host the Mushroom Kingdom embassy? :unsure:
Seeming like Wonder is a new recording of the voice lines. People were saying that they didn't sound like him in the trailer.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Does this mean Chris Pratt is taking over? :rofl2:

I know people are joking about this, but being serious I doubt this will happen thanks to Pratt's fees and union rules.

Might get a non-union sound alike from Fiver though.

So, what exactly is a "Mario Ambassador?" The name sounds a little silly in my opinion.

I'm expecting him to just do the convention/promotional circuit, go around, say 'it's a me Mario' in front of an audience, maybe sign some autographs, etc.

Reactions: Lostbhoy

DragonMals

6th-7th Gen Retro Gaming Entusiast
Trophies
Country
United States
In all honesty, I just hope that they can replace him with somebody thst can perfectly replicate most of the voices on their part.

Maybe when Super Mario Wonder comes out, it'll be the first game with the new voice actor or the last game with Charles as the main voice actor? In all honesty, I hope that it isn't Chris from the Mario Movie doing the next voice acting.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In all honesty, I just hope that they can replace him with somebody thst can perfectly replicate most of the voices on their part.

Maybe when Super Mario Wonder comes out, it'll be the first game with the new voice actor or the last game with Charles as the main voice actor? In all honesty, I hope that it isn't Chris from the Mario Movie doing the next voice acting.
Wonder is definitely seeming like the new VA. Same with the new WarioWare.

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It is assumed the voice in the Wonder trailer is the new VA.
Post automatically merged:

Assume that will be explained in the upcoming video with Charles and Miyamoto.
Yeah nintendo confirmed it's not him in Wonder, must not be him for Wario either.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still want to meet Charles Martinet in-person, get pics with him, and something autographed by him. That is my ultimate bucket list goal.
With a role like "Mario Ambassador" I imagine he will still be going to conventions for a few years.

Reactions: Jayro

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Aw shucks.

Nintendo sure has thousands of pre recordings, right?
They'll probably still use them in the future.

But seriously, that Super Mario Wonder trailer, Mario's voice was a bit off for me.

I'm sure, whoever replaces Martinet will be welcomed by Nintendo fans.
not if the new voice is:

1692646228103.png

wait a moment.

• Haha
Reactions: DragonMals

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto