The new voice actor for Mario has been revealed

mario.png

With the departure of Charles Martinet from the job of voicing Mario, Nintendo fans were highly curious as to who would take over the role. Initially revealed by a Tweet from the voice actor, and then confirmed by Nintendo themselves, the new voice of Mario and Luigi has been announced to be Kevin Afghani. In leaked early copies of Super Mario Bros. Wonder, he's listed in the credits as well. He's a voice actor known for voicing Arnold in Genshin Impact, while also providing his voice for a fan-made Dragon Ball animation. Previously, he's also done voiceover work in Nintendo Switch commercials and Nintendo Direct videos.

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As well as A.I. voice cloning like that from ElevenLabs.
Waiting for AI voice acting to get to a point where it doesn't sound robotic and ridiculous is probably much more effort than just hiring a new guy to voice the bing bing wahoo spaghetti plumber.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
It's kinda disappointing that Nintendo hired some no-name fucker like this for such an iconic role. It's like they just grabbed a random twitter user and threw some money at him.

With that said, I hope I'll be the voice of Mario in the next game. :creep:

Hafert43

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With Charles Martinet's departure, Kevin Afghani and Anne Charlène Bezzina has been revealed as the new voice of Mario and Luigi, confirmed by Nintendo. Known for roles in Genshin Impact and fan-made Dragon Ball animation, he's featured in early copies of Super Mario Bros. Wonder and has prior experience in Nintendo promotions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oh boy psi posted a ltt video +1