• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

The National Walkout - Your Thoughts?

D

Deleted User

My stance, is that gun laws need to a bit tighter. That is what I would say. Because right now. It's because of that but most importantly, the fact that people that need mental help aren't getting it.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
When my "government" is torn down and rebuilt, maybe I'll have some sympathy for this country. The division is way too great. I can't pick a side as they're all quite retarded.
They really aren't. This administration cannot be compared with Obama's. They aren't even in the same ballpark in terms of competency. Trump thinks we have a fucking trade deficit with Canada, but we have a surplus of around 25 million. Like, wtf. This is what happens when you start buying into your own bullshit. Doesn't help that he's sundowning hard, and a third of Americans are willing to follow him down the dementia spiral.

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: Deleted User

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
i regret making the thread all together

Why? The sad reality is what you see is what you get. It's what you're going to get, no matter where you go. Politics are terrible, and it's why I'd prefer to hide this section altogether as there's a very distinct difference of opinion.

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why? The sad reality is what you see is what you get. It's what you're going to get, no matter where you go. Politics are terrible, and it's why I'd prefer to hide this section altogether as there's a very distinct difference of opinion.
I want to write a letter saying that I want to live my life as a student and stop having politics invade my life,because some people have more stress than they deserve

Reactions: Kioku

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
They really aren't. This administration cannot be compared with Obama's. They aren't even in the same ballpark in terms of competency. Trump thinks we have a fucking trade deficit with Canada, but we have a surplus of around 25 million. Like, wtf. This is what happens when you start buying into your own bullshit. Doesn't help that he's sundowning hard, anda third of Americans are willing to follow him down the dementia spiral.

Who said anything about Obama? The hell? Okay, first off, even during his reign of terror, there were a ton of issues. Between ACA, third world affairs and just a whole slew of random bullshit from his mouth. Of course that's not the issue. I couldn't care less about Trump and his presidency. Even if Clinton would have won, we'd have been screwed. So, yes, all sides are quite retarded. Wake me when the real shit begins, please.

D

Deleted User

No, that is what is getting us here in the first place. Ignoring problems. This does need to be discussed or nothing gets done

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I want to write a letter saying that I want to live my life as a student and stop having politics invade my life,because some people have more stress than they deserve

That's very, very true. I'd like to live a normal life. I'd like my daughter to grow up in a country I can be proud of. We need to be looking at a true, red blooded American (not gun-toting burger eating dough boy in office now) that can and will look out for us as a collective whole.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You don't actually believe that, do you?... I mean, they actively lobby against any kind of gun reform, and they've been known to use threats of violence to stifle protests

"They" being a select minority that can be found anywhere you go. The left, the right, the middle. I'm sorry, ALL SIDES have used threats of violence to feed their agenda.

Last edited by Kioku,
Reactions: Gingerbread Crumb

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, that is what is getting us here in the first place. Ignoring problems. This does need to be discussed or nothing gets done
That's exactly what im trying to state. Most of the US citizens ignore the problems, but when it comes to criticize the others who arent ignoring them and are trying to raice their voice, oh god, they do it in a heartbang!

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

That's very, very true. I'd like to live a normal life. I'd like my daughter to grow up in a country I can be proud of. We need to be looking at a true, red blooded American (not gun-toting burger eating dough boy in office now) that can and will look out for us as a collective whole.
Well sadly the reason this is in our lives is because the true source of the problem has been ignored for so long that the younger generation is already concerned about politics sooner than normal

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Well sadly the reason this is in our lives is because the true source of the problem has been ignored for so long that the younger generation is already concerned about politics sooner than normal
It's because 'the source' has decided to shove political opinion down the throats of the school aged children.

Reactions: Xiphiidae

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Who said anything about Obama? The hell? Okay, first off, even during his reign of terror, there were a ton of issues. Between ACA, third world affairs and just a whole slew of random bullshit from his mouth. Of course that's not the issue. I couldn't care less about Trump and his presidency. Even if Clinton would have won, we'd have been screwed. So, yes, all sides are quite retarded. Wake me when the real shit begins, please.
Yeah no...if Clinton had won we'd be coasting on the economy Obama built, it'd be status quo for four years. Trump is not like any politician before him, he's a reality TV "star" that had no business running for president. The real shit has already begun, we take the power back or go down in flames as a country with a dumb look on our faces. Idiocracy is here, and Democrats aren't the side buying the idea that Gatorade should be used to water our crops. There's no equating the two. Republicans gobble down ten gallons of fake news every morning.

Last edited by Xzi,
D

Deleted User

It's because 'the source' has decided to shove political opinion down the throats of the school aged children.
NO, it's the fact that littearly these school shootings are getting worse AND WORSE. Congress is sitting on their ass and doing nothing. Students are fucking concerned they are going to be shot. These school aren't shoving down their throat if it is something that can relate to and already agree with

Reactions: Xzi

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States

A discussion is one thing. A clear sign of non-mutual understanding is where we find ourselves in every one of these threads.

D

Deleted User

A discussion is one thing. A clear sign of non-mutual understanding is where we find ourselves in every one of these threads.
Nice job on tackling a different post, just to avoid what I said just now

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
NO, it's the fact that littearly these school shootings are getting worse AND WORSE. Congress is sitting on their ass and doing nothing. Students are fucking concerned they are going to be shot. These school aren't shoving down their throat if it is something that can relate to and already agree with

You'd rather not discuss the fact that the last school shooting could have been avoided had the guilty party gotten the help he clearly needed? Congress is doing exactly what they intended, it's not a secret. They're worthless, we all know this.

More rules and stricter controls won't stop the issue. It may prolong it, but there's an underlying problem that will never get fixed if we keep pointing fingers at the tools. Just saying.

Nice job on tackling a different post, just to avoid what I said just now
Not avoiding anything, but okay.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guns don't kill people, people kill people! we need to protect the students but we also need to stand up for the people who use their guns responsibly and would never hurt a person.
Accidents happen even to responsible people. If you have an accident while handling or cleaning a firearm, it's not unlikely that you'll injure or kill yourself or someone near you. If you have an accident with, say, a knife or a tazer, the worst that would likely happen is minor harm to yourself or potentially causing temporary pain to someone else

D

Deleted User

You'd rather not discuss the fact that the last school shooting could have been avoided had the guilty party gotten the help he clearly needed? Congress is doing exactly what they intended, it's not a secret. They're worthless, we all know this.

More rules and stricter controls won't stop the issue. It may prolong it, but there's an underlying problem that will never get fixed if we keep pointing fingers at the tools. Just saying.

Not avoiding anything, but okay.
I also brought up mental heath a while back. I hope you realize that

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...