• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

The National Walkout - Your Thoughts?

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
More rules and stricter controls won't stop the issue. It may prolong it, but there's an underlying problem that will never get fixed if we keep pointing fingers at the tools. Just saying.
Nobody's expecting gun deaths to stop altogether in America, but that doesn't mean people should give up on trying to lower the numbers.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I also brought up mental heath a while back. I hope you realize that

I know, but the general idea, or argument being brought up is gun control. We can argue semantics all day, it'll get us nowhere. Tightening a grip on an already regulated source is just fuel. You'll realize this one day.

Last edited by Kioku,
Reactions: Gingerbread Crumb

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah no...if Clinton had won we'd be coasting on the economy Obama built, it'd be status quo for four years. Trump is not like any politician before him, he's a reality TV "star" that had no business running for president. The real shit has already begun, we take the power back or go down in flames as a country with a dumb look on our faces. Idiocracy is here, and Democrats aren't the side buying the idea that Gatorade should be used to water our crops. There's no equating the two. Republicans gobble down ten gallons of fake news every morning.
That's not true, we've had ONE president that was a TV star before now

He singlehandedly dismantled the middle class, BUT Trump's situation isn't unprecedented

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States

He singlehandedly dismantled the middle class, BUT Trump's situation isn't unprecedented

Oof, the actor. Please no.

D

Deleted User

I know, but the general idea, or argument being brought up is gun control. We can argue semantics all day, it'll get us nowhere.
So... just give up. great fucking idea. Lets not try to make it harder for people to kill others. That's perfectly fine. Lets not concern our selves with death

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

To make it clear. stronger gun control laws first, and immediately work on mental heath

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

Not a reality TV star though, which is a whole new level of dumb. Another big difference is that Reagan at least had some prior political experience before running for president. Oh, and Reagan had Alzheimer's at the tail end of his presidency, Trump had it at the beginning.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
So... just give up. great fucking idea. Lets not try to make it harder for people to kill others. That's perfectly fine. Lets not concern our selves with death

You're sounding like a certain rando here. There is a solution, just not what everyone is recommending. Prohibition, or telling someone they can't have something never works. Forcing people to jump through more hoops than they go through doesn't work. History will only repeat itself.

Of course, if you want to talk about killing people.. Europe seems to have an abundance of freight vehicles for people to run down crowds in.

Last edited by Kioku,

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're sounding like a certain rando here. There is a solution, just not what everyone is recommending. Prohibition, or telling someone they can't have something never works. Forcing people to jump through more hoops than they go through doesn't work. History will only repeat itself.
Seems to work just fine with cars

D

Deleted User

Then what do you propose? How are you going to get a government body to listen. Because apparently walking out is not a good idea. Even though the school I go to. Actually asked the students, ASKED if they wanted to do the walk out

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Seems to work just fine with cars
Read edit, please and thank you. Buying a car is also a straight forward process. Just need to be 18... and pass a driving test. No background checks or mental health checks required.

Then what do you propose? How are you going to get a government body to listen. Because apparently walking out is not a good idea. Even though the school I go to. Actually asked the students, ASKED if they wanted to do the walk out

Revolution... Just a partial suggestion, anyways. The government forgets it was made for the people, and by the people.

Not all schools asked. Actually had an elementary school here send out letters dictating the walkouts. Which were cancelled due to an uproar... and the childish threats.

D

Deleted User

Read edit, please and thank you. Buying a car is also a straight forward process. Just need to be 18... and pass a driving test. No background checks or mental health checks required.

Revolution... Just a partial suggestion, anyways. The government forgets it was made for the people, and by the people.

Not all schools asked. Actually had an elementary school here send out letters dictating the walkouts. Which were cancelled due to an uproar... and the childish threats.
So, you want solve a school shooting. With shooting.

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The NRA isn't trying to silence anybody. Kill that noise already.

"Cuntservatives"... classy.... You're 16. Do your damn homework.
The ole' "kids don't know nothin' about politics and should shut up" excuse is old. When the entire current GOP is 6 feet under, WE will be the ones up there, so remember that.

The NRA doesn't directly try to silence anyone (they're not powerful enough), but they do indirectly with their propaganda on YouTube (with that stupid bitch spokeswoman) attempting to brainwash everyone into hating liberals or anyone who has negative views on Trump.

Clearly the NRA is triggered by the protesters. As I always say, the conservatives are the real snowflakes.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Uhmm, there is plenty of evidence for both of these solutions working elsewhere in the world. I think we have to at least attempt to do something before declaring that nothing works.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
So, you want solve a school shooting. With shooting.

Oof, you are young. Oh so young, and naive. Now where did I say shooting? Revolution doesn't necessarily incite violence or bloodshed. I guess if you look at history, yes. However, you can change the world without unnecessary tactics.

Reactions: Xiphiidae

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
To solve violence with violence. To solve hate with more hate. It doesn't fucking work
Read "partial suggestion". I guess you could send letters all day, every day until your hands bleed from typing or writing. Find out how ineffective that is real quick. The goverment system needs reworked. Or abolished. The two party system is a massive thorn in our sides. Oh well, you all can throw your shit fits. If ever you achieve a hollow victory, it'll be too late. I digress. The world is screwed.

D

Deleted User

Oof, you are young. Oh so young, and naive. Now where did I say shooting? Revolution doesn't necessarily incite violence or bloodshed. I guess if you look at history, yes. However, you can change the world without unnecessary tactics.
Well I'm sorry, but most people when they think revolution, they think of warfare between two political bodies. So again, what do you propose. What kind revolution would you propose

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Read "partial suggestion". I guess you could send letters all day, every day until your hands bleed from typing or writing. Find out how ineffective that is real quick. The goverment system needs reworked. Or abolished. The two party system is a massive thorn in our sides.
How is this even an issue with the two party system? One party actually wants to do something about gun issues, the other bows to the NRA.

Yeah, we should have more than two parties, but that's not really the issue at hand.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No background checks, no, but vision tests and licenses that need to be renewed regularly, as well as the rest that you mentioned ON TOP of a lengthy class you're required to sit through with regular testing and a minimum number of driving hours requires. That's not including the fact that there are restrictions and traffic laws, that if you are found violating is grounds for having your license revoked. And if you're found driving drunk or without a license? Jail and/or hefty fines

Reactions: Xzi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Probably not I got cross play friends