Hacking The Legend of Zelda BOTW DEMO being copied to an SD card!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katsumi San

Trophies
XP
Country
I think this is another important piece of game history? I remember someone is dump skyward sword e3 demo. This time not so successful.

9thSage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think this is another important piece of game history? I remember someone is dump skyward sword e3 demo. This time not so successful.
it really would be interesting from that perspective. I would be there are a lot of things that are going to be different between the demo and the final game when it comes out.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it really would be interesting from that perspective. I would be there are a lot of things that are going to be different between the demo and the final game when it comes out.
If I remember correctly Nintendo had to make some changes from demo to the final release and much of the input came from feedback of gamers using the leak. At least that's what some sites reported.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Not too far. I don't know if Ryan is still going to try anything tomorrow, but still.
Wait, are you people really believing what Ryanrocks14029124whatever is saying? He was banned years ago here on GBAtemp because he's a fail troll and he probably doesn't even know how to set up a Wi-Fi router from scratch.

Dumping an unreleased game from the E3 demo floor? LOL

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Wait, are you people really believing what Ryanrocks14029124whatever is saying? He was banned years ago here on GBAtemp because he's a fail troll and he probably doesn't even know how to set up a Wi-Fi router from scratch.

Dumping an unreleased game from the E3 demo floor? LOL

People here believe in anything.... just look at the other user that said he had found an exploit with the nintendo badge game at the 3DS... a user that didn't even understood a guide in how to install a CFW.

Makes one wonder how gullible people are...

Woody8275

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
someone did actually try to dump the game over the network using the kernel exploit but it would take too long to go unnoticed

Last edited by Woody8275,

PermaRetro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What you just said woody makes absolutely no sense they couldn't execute the kernel exploit without being on the machine first (It can't be triggered remotely) and as everyone has said dev kits are much different... this person claiming to develop an exploit is also fairly retarded as it would mean they themselves had access to a dev kit to do the development with you're not going to be testing/deving an exploit using a show floor system,

Also E3 doesn't have security on the inside of the show it's mostly just staff from each company security typically are just at the door (The staff from each company are in each company's "Section" and generally there will be different staff assigned to each game as well before smash came out they basically had some models run the smash "booth" in the giant Nintendo area I recall before they show opened myself and my roommates were asked to play with em because we were walking the show floor after I finished setup).

The thing is there are private rooms that only specifically invited press have access to (I setup hardware in one of those rooms, and I was allowed into the room Sony had like this)... there's much less staff there though people are more catered to and talked to more in-depth about each specific game the company is showing off.

Those private rooms typically did not have hardware super locked up as it wasn't generally accessible to the masses, on the show floor however everything is locked in display cases similar to those you'd see at a walmart or gamestop or etc so any physical access is guaranteed to not happen, so any time anyone mentions dumping any game from E3 to physical media forget about it.

Although most people seem to forget there are other ways to obtain builds of games before they come out including the E3 builds, a lot of companies have to hire external/outsourced teams to run other regions for their games if they're online for instance (Community Managers or such), some companies outsource for their Quality Assurance, and some have contracted software development partners that work on specific elements of game play... my point being if something like this was to get leaked by someone who knew what the fuck they were doing.. it wouldn't be happening from E3 show floor or E3 at all.

Though if they were a staff member at Nintendo the chances are much higher, but good luck with smaller publishers and smaller companies typically if you're an IT you'd be the only crew member in your booth for days before E3 actually started.. but then you're also an IT and it's your responsibility to make sure that crap doesn't get leaked...

EDIT #2,
Also from what I recall.... when you're playing a unreleased game they typically have someone standing next to you to show you how to play and tell you more about the game because they assume you're mostly press or someone who's going to review it in some way.

This was the case with both Yoshi and Smash before they were released.. so yeah, exit the game and go to a web browser with a Nintendo staff member standing there trying to guide you through the game demo.

Last edited by PermaRetro,

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again its not my video, but if any one else wants to be an ass about it: go report the source of the video on youtube, not the messenger.

SMH.

Sorry perhaps I was a bit harsh, I should've just pmmed you asking you to edit your post. That would've been the better thing to do. I figured it wasn't actually your video, but I didn't want to attract any unwanted attention to gbatemp, that's all.

@NWPlayer123 you don't understand, the dev kit doesn't even need any sort of exploit at all. I can't go any further into it, but even if you did adjust the kexploit to run on it it would be pointless

Long story short, this is just someone trolling on Twitter for attention, nothing more, nothing less...

Last edited by TeamScriptKiddies, , Reason: responding to NWPlayer123

PermaRetro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry perhaps I was a bit harsh, I should've just pmmed you asking you to edit your post. That would've been the better thing to do. I figured it wasn't actually your video, but I didn't want to attract any unwanted attention to gbatemp, that's all.

@NWPlayer123 you don't understand, the dev kit doesn't even need any sort of exploit at all. I can't go any further into it, but even if you did adjust the kexploit to run on it it would be pointless

Long story short, this is just someone trolling on Twitter for attention, nothing more, nothing less...
My assumption would be they could just use official tools to grab the build if they had access to the network but I don't believe they have those kits connected to the network.... (Official tools to deliver, and retrieve or browse shit on consoles is common with dev consoles is why I say that, personally haven't experienced any of nintendo's dev consoles but this is from my knowledge/experience with xbox, 360, one, and ps3/ps4.

So yeah, I could see why you wouldn't need an exploit at all to perform that specific task.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!