Hacking The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking

free47

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
thank fiveighteen, but i go to eclipsesin.github.io and select loadiine kernel but wi u freeze
where i'm mistaken?
excuse my english

Last edited by free47,

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank fiveighteen, but i go to eclipsesin.github.io and select loadiine kernel but wi u freeze
where i'm mistaken?
excuse my english
Ah, sorry, I haven't been to EclipseSin's site in a while and should have checked before replying. You're selecting the right thing. I think you'll just have to keep trying, or make sure you can get the regular "Kernel" Exploit to work first, then once that is working try the Loadiine one with Loadiine.

ares395

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi
So I have problem, I can not seem to get anything to work, WUP instaler does not work [freezes after returning to home screen] I can load kernel exploits but anything else does not work. Loadiine does not work, freezes every time, basically everything freezes no matter how much I try, I have Wii U 5.3.2 E
Sorry that I can not give more details for now but I'm in a hurry I will update status when I will have time, No idea where is the problem, I do everything on point with instructions...

e.g. I tried to update my Super Smash Bros U [I have disc] and I have update on my SD card from Nusgrabber I open that site with WUP installer [if it works] I go there again and everything is ok until I go back o the title screen [screen with all the miis runing around] then It freezes... every time, but sometimes at least you can hear music looping, I've waited like this and nothing...

PS: sorry for my english...

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi
So I have problem, I can not seem to get anything to work, WUP instaler does not work [freezes after returning to home screen] I can load kernel exploits but anything else does not work. Loadiine does not work, freezes every time, basically everything freezes no matter how much I try, I have Wii U 5.3.2 E
Sorry that I can not give more details for now but I'm in a hurry I will update status when I will have time, No idea where is the problem, I do everything on point with instructions...

e.g. I tried to update my Super Smash Bros U [I have disc] and I have update on my SD card from Nusgrabber I open that site with WUP installer [if it works] I go there again and everything is ok until I go back o the title screen [screen with all the miis runing around] then It freezes... every time, but sometimes at least you can hear music looping, I've waited like this and nothing...

PS: sorry for my english...
If you're using one of the websites, try another website or selfhosting. If you're selfhosting, try one of the websites.

Perhaps you have the update for WUP Installer in the wrong place on your SD card?

ares395

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Tried 2 websites, kernel works nothing else, Tried selfhosting - the same results. I have my SD set up like that: SD:\install I have the newest update from NUSGrabberGUIv1.7 [update for Super Smash Bros U EUR]

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried 2 websites, kernel works nothing else, Tried selfhosting - the same results. I have my SD set up like that: SD:\install I have the newest update from NUSGrabberGUIv1.7 [update for Super Smash Bros U EUR]
Two things:
1) I noticed that in my guide I said:
OP said:
7. Create a folder called Install on the root of the SD card
8. Copy all files from inside the title folder to the Install folder on your SD card ("SD:\install\")
In one step I said to call the folder Install with a capital "I", and in the next step showed the example with a lower case "i." Try renaming the folder to the uppercase and see if that works!

2) NUSGrabber may not be actually gettimg the newest update. It is dependent on if WiiUBrew has the update listed on their website. If it's not listed there, however, it shouldnt cause freezes, it would just only be giving you an older version of the game.

bt04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the guide! I got stuck for a few hours while trying to use TCP Gecko only to find out that the index.html in the DefinitivePackage points to pygecko. Once I fixed the html file, I was on my way.

Reactions: fiveighteen

frostii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Saviine isn't stored on the SD card, it is hosted locally or on someone's site, accessible on the same page the exploit is. Or should be anyway. I host my own files and it is an option.

option a: download saviine and host the html + elf files somewhere.
option b: use the url of somebody who hosted saviine (

start the server (is a zip in the release), then run the kernel exploit (press a for normal exploit).

now restart the server, and open your selfhosted saviine url or (http://maschell.de/saviine/). Now you have to choose the ip of the pc where is the saviine running. Press a and the browser should close again.
Start a game, and a dialog should appear on the pc. Which the files you want to dump and press okay. after a few seconds you have the save on your pc

No problem, glad to help :) Ohhh, I see your problem. Youre running the kernel exploit from EclipseSin's site, but he doesnt have Saviine up there yet. Like others have mentioned, you need to either self host the files or find somewhere that has hosted them online for you.

EDIT: FIX94 and wj44 don't have it on their sites either. You might have to learn to self-host!
Big thanks to you all for your assistance. Got it working!!!!
True, the fact that most websites aren't hosting saviine is what was throwing me!

Reactions: fiveighteen

bt04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you have to have super smash brothers u to use this exploit or can it be any game? ,im a newbie to this
Watch out which version of super smash bros you get. You want something with 5.2.0. on the disc. I believe this version is not compatible with loadline

The box says (WUP P AXFE USZ 101986A) and on the underside of the disc in tiny letters is (WUP-P-AXFE 04 JPN S0).

Eur version of YWW was confirned to have 5.3.2 here
http://gbatemp.net/threads/wiiu-list-of-system-updates-on-disc.372041/page-9#post-5705528

hbk2004v1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
lol for real , there's different versions of smash brothers wtf this is so confusing and complicated how am i meant to know which version has 5.2.0 on disc from a online buy lol

hbk2004v1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ohh wow the game super smash brothers sold out on amazon , got a copy from ebay though and i can just make out the back of the box and it does not have (WUP P AXFE USZ 101986A) and on the underside of the disc in tiny letters is (WUP-P-AXFE 04 JPN S0). so am i good ?

bt04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
There is a way do downgrade my Wiiu from 5.5.0 to 5.3.0 ?
No, not that I'm aware of, but I'm new to this as well.

Ohh wow the game super smash brothers sold out on amazon , got a copy from ebay though and i can just make out the back of the box and it does not have (WUP P AXFE USZ 101986A) and on the underside of the disc in tiny letters is (WUP-P-AXFE 04 JPN S0). so am i good ?
When I tried that version on my machine, it was going to force a system update, so that's why I'm saying it will NOT work with 5.3.2 firmware. Please try to confirm my findings. Does it let you play the game on 5.3.2 firmware? If you already installed the update, which firmware did you get? I'm going to try to buy a different version in a store and see if it works.

hbk2004v1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
lol my wiiu is packed away its on firmware 3 i did buy that new yoshi game for it and thats confirmed to be 5.3.2 so i could try that first and update to that

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
There is a way do downgrade my Wiiu from 5.5.0 to 5.3.0 ?
Not possible yet, sorry.

No, not that I'm aware of, but I'm new to this as well.

When I tried that version on my machine, it was going to force a system update, so that's why I'm saying it will NOT work with 5.3.2 firmware. Please try to confirm my findings. Does it let you play the game on 5.3.2 firmware? If you already installed the update, which firmware did you get? I'm going to try to buy a different version in a store and see if it works.
Are you sure it was a system update and not a game update? Did you have your Wii U disconnected from the internet when you inserted the disc?

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hide yo kids, hide yo wife, and add cbvc.cdn.nintendo.net to your URL blocking list, cause they be trying to stop everybody from using hax.

More info here.

ares395

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Two things:
1) I noticed that in my guide I said:

In one step I said to call the folder Install with a capital "I", and in the next step showed the example with a lower case "i." Try renaming the folder to the uppercase and see if that works!

2) NUSGrabber may not be actually gettimg the newest update. It is dependent on if WiiUBrew has the update listed on their website. If it's not listed there, however, it shouldnt cause freezes, it would just only be giving you an older version of the game.

Thank you very much, It worked! well at least WUP instaler is working as for now :P I blocked cbvc.cdn.nintendo.net before doing enything and waited quite a while horray! Well now I need to get the Loadiine to work somehow too
Btw: I can't believe that just changing "install" to "Install" made it work...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: sad