Hacking The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much, It worked! well at least WUP instaler is working as for now :P I blocked cbvc.cdn.nintendo.net before doing enything and waited quite a while horray! Well now I need to get the Loadiine to work somehow too
Btw: I can't believe that just changing "install" to "Install" made it work...
Youre welcome, and thanks for confirming it! I'll fix the OP right away. I'm really sorry for causing that confusion!

It makes sense that it worked, because WUP Installer looks for a folder called "Install" and absolutely nothing else. So having it named "install" is the same as it being named "fail" or "peanutbutter" or literally anything other than "Install" :P Case sensitivity means the world in programming (unless coded not to look for it ;))

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So once the standard hack and loadiine is setup.... if we don't care about online gaming do we still have to update games, or can we just play anything that came out prior to 5.3.2??

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So once the standard hack and loadiine is setup.... if we don't care about online gaming do we still have to update games, or can we just play anything that came out prior to 5.3.2??
Can play anything 5.3.2 and under on disc, can play anything (that's compatible) with Loadiine.

WiiuGold

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is TWO Ver.. Of Super Smash Bros. For WiiU FOR USA ..
I got all Two..
here are the Pictures..
This one has 5.2.0

You can See the I.D is Diff .. Then the New one ALSO its made in USA

This one I didn't Dump yet to look ..But it is Higher then 5.3.2

This One Got a Diff.. Number PLUS ITS made in JAPAN

Just letting You guys Know... ENJOY

Last edited by WiiuGold,

BALLIN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is TWO Ver.. Of Super Smash Bros. For WiiU FOR USA ..
I got all Two..
here are the Pictures..
This one has 5.2.0

You can See the I.D is Diff .. Then the New one ALSO its made in USA

This one I didn't Dump yet to look ..But it is Higher then 5.3.2

This One Got a Diff.. Number PLUS ITS made in JAPAN

Just letting You guys Know... ENJOY
The newer smash has 5.4.0 on disc......... I learned the hard way. Purchased game new when Loadiine was released.

I decided to spoof to 5.5 to get rid of update nag and updated game using nusgrabber latest version. Game is playable from disc with spoof.

Reactions: bt04 and WiiuGold

redkeyboard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if this is the case for anyone else or not, but my Mario Kart Wii U Deluxe bundle just came in from jet.com and it had firmware 5.4.0 on it :(

D

Deleted-355425

I don't know if this is the case for anyone else or not, but my Mario Kart Wii U Deluxe bundle just came in from jet.com and it had firmware 5.4.0 on it :(
Was it the digital game code bundle or did it come with a Physical game disc?

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The newer smash has 5.4.0 on disc......... I learned the hard way. Purchased game new when Loadiine was released.

I decided to spoof to 5.5 to get rid of update nag and updated game using nusgrabber latest version. Game is playable from disc with spoof.
Good to know that works! So even games that get released with 5.5.0 will be playable on 5.3.2 spoofed to 5.5.0.

As @mech asked, please let us know if it was the physical or digital edition. If it was digital, there was a warning in the OP!

free47

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i have spoofed wiu and creat a nintendo network online.
I want play splatoon (disc version), if console ask me to update the game its safe?

BALLIN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't do any updates unless from disc if your already on 5.3.2. You may have partially downloaded system update when configuring internet.

If you want to play splatoon it's best to update game with wup installer and nus grabber.

Not worth the risk. Least risky route if your going to have other people play on system just spoof to 5.5. (My sudgestion)

guerrierodipace

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
I am trying the hack, already updated console to 5.3.2 with Splatoon.
But if I try to play with Super Smash Browl he want to update the console??
anyone know why?
thanks

edit: as I read before in this thread probably my copy of SSB have higher kernel then 5.3.2 :(

Last edited by guerrierodipace,

BALLIN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oops read post wrong.......

Why chance the unknown updating game online?

Manually update game with nus grabber and wup installer.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have spoofed wiu and creat a nintendo network online.
I want play splatoon (disc version), if console ask me to update the game its safe?
No. Always use NUSGrabber and WUP Installer to install updates manually from here on out. No more updating online, ever!

I am trying the hack, already updated console to 5.3.2 with Splatoon.
But if I try to play with Super Smash Browl he want to update the console??
anyone know why?
thanks

edit: as I read before in this thread probably my copy of SSB have higher kernel then 5.3.2 :(
Are you sure it's not asking for a game update? Make sure you're on the lastest version of SSB by downloading it with NUSGrabber and installing it with WUP Installer. If it really is asking for a system update, just spoof to 5.5.0 with WUP Installer and you can then play SSB.

Reactions: guerrierodipace

guerrierodipace

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Are you sure it's not asking for a game update? Make sure you're on the lastest version of SSB by downloading it with NUSGrabber and installing it with WUP Installer. If it really is asking for a system update, just spoof to 5.5.0 with WUP Installer and you can then play SSB.
First thanks.
How is possible to know if asking a game update or system update?
I spoofed the game trough ns downloader and wupinstaller site, now SSB start without asking any update.
Now next step...

inhencecc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bought my refurbished wii u. Was surprised to see this on it.

Attachments

• 12179456_1000862793303414_1915056167_n.jpg
    12179456_1000862793303414_1915056167_n.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 297

redkeyboard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was it the digital game code bundle or did it come with a Physical game disc?

As @mech asked, please let us know if it was the physical or digital edition. If it was digital, there was a warning in the OP!

It was the preinstalled version. I saw warnings for other countries, now you can add one more for US.

D

Deleted-355425

How can you be so sure? I thought it would be the case with the Mario Kart 8 bundle I bought last week and it wasn't :-(

i take it that was a download code version you bought before? all the digital download ones have high firmware,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?