Hacking The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking

ViolentRockstar

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I blocked all these servers trough OpenDNS, this should work too right?

• nus.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
  • nus.cdn.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
  • nus.cdn.shop.wii.com
  • nus.cdn.wup.shop.nintendo.net
  • nus.wup.shop.nintendo.net
  • c.shop.nintendowifi.net
  • cbvc.cdn.nintendo.net
  • cbvc.nintendo.net

I'm not alone in the house and can't really unplug the router because of this :/

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I blocked all these servers trough OpenDNS, this should work too right?

• nus.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
  • nus.cdn.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
  • nus.cdn.shop.wii.com
  • nus.cdn.wup.shop.nintendo.net
  • nus.wup.shop.nintendo.net
  • c.shop.nintendowifi.net
  • cbvc.cdn.nintendo.net
  • cbvc.nintendo.net
I'm not alone in the house and can't really unplug the router because of this :/
That's only if you have OpenDNS already set up on the Wii U connection settings.

I'd just ask whoever is there if you can cut internet for literally 1 minute so you can set up TubeHax DNS, or wait until everyone goes to sleep and do it.

Also, I just want to point out that you should use TubeHax DNS and not OpenDNS moving forward, or you will eventually end up with an updated console (unless you have a static IP, which you probably don't unless you pay extra for it).

FoxMcloud5655

GBATemp Developer
Trophies
Website
foxmcloud.net
XP
Country
United States
Wait I've been using tubehax DNS as both primary and secondary. Should I not do that?
You're fine, it's just redundant and useless. Basically, as long as the secondary address is unreachable, the first address will be the only one that it uses. In your case, if you try to visit Nintendo, it will first check TubeHax, then since it fails, it will check TubeHax again, doubling the time it takes to fail to reach the servers.

EDIT: Sorry... Ignore that. My computer is being derpy and didn't update, since I left my browser open all night.

Last edited by FoxMcloud5655,

ViolentRockstar

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
No... I still haven't been able to get my Linux box to cooperate with me. I think I need to wipe it and start over, but that remains to be seen. To be honest, I'm trying to sink in more of my time on the NUSGrabberGUI anyways.
Well I'd love to help but i have little to no experience with compiling whatsoever (only to .exe's). If you need horsepower however, I've got a pretty strong custom-built gaming-pc.

FoxMcloud5655

GBATemp Developer
Trophies
Website
foxmcloud.net
XP
Country
United States
Well I'd love to help but i have little to no experience with compiling whatsoever (only to .exe's). If you need horsepower however, I've got a pretty strong custom-built gaming-pc.
As do I, except it's a laptop. Top of the line graphics card, and decent CPU too... Although it IS bulky. Not that it matters though... It's not the computing power I need, it's the capabilities of compiling for a PowerPC platform on either Linux or Windows, and Linux seems easiest.

EDIT: I'm just starting into getting to know Linux, and I also have only experience in compiling to .exe's.

Reactions: ViolentRockstar

ViolentRockstar

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
As do I, except it's a laptop. Top of the line graphics card, and decent CPU too... Although it IS bulky. Not that it matters though... It's not the computing power I need, it's the capabilities of compiling for a PowerPC platform on either Linux or Windows, and Linux seems easiest.

EDIT: I'm just starting into getting to know Linux, and I also have only experience in compiling to .exe's.
Well i use xfce daily but it's not like it's my main pc ^^
Well, let me know if I can do anything else for you ;)

Masterwin

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
And 5.3.2, they happened , no longer work ? I've tried everything and always freezes and white pixels out , what happened to 5.3.2 ?

sorry , and everything works perfectly .

Last edited by Masterwin,
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So, update time.

We now have a userland exploit for 5.5.1!

It's the splendid work of Yellows8, whose exploit luckily turned out to be compatible on this firmware. :P

Here's footage of our favourite game on 5.5.1 ;)

The video shows us the one meme to rule them all, Pong, running on 5.5.1. The author even shows his Browser version to assure everyone that it's working.

I just found out in class an hour ago and posted it here, since some of you may be a little behind the news. ;)

Here's more info on that: https://gbatemp.net/threads/new-5-5-1-entrypoint-apparently-exploit-works.410326/

Last edited by lonemoonHD,

CloudLionHeart

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I would like to ask if it is neded to update your firmware to play new games (not online)? I had 4.0.3E and i inserted my Smash Bros Disk and to play it, it updated automatically (No internet connection set or availiable). Is there a way to block updates?

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I would like to ask if it is neded to update your firmware to play new games (not online)? I had 4.0.3E and i inserted my Smash Bros Disk and to play it, it updated automatically (No internet connection set or availiable). Is there a way to block updates?
Tubehax DNS or you need to block specific IPs from the router. Tubehax's probably better though, because Nintendo's update servers change all the damn time. :P

Btw, what firmware are you on now?

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So, update time.

We now have a userland exploit for 5.5.1!

I don't know who did it, but I'll test it today myself and report here as soon as possible.

Here's footage of our favourite game on 5.5.1 ;)

The person responsible for the exploit has livestreamed him updating to 5.5.1 and running his work successfully. He even showed his Browser version to assure everyone that it's real.

I just found out in class an hour ago and posted it here, since some of you may be a little behind the news. ;)

Here's more info on that: https://gbatemp.net/threads/new-5-5-1-entrypoint-apparently-exploit-works.410326/

It was not the guy making the vid who made the exploit.

Yellows8 made it and it survived the 5.5.1 update.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

CloudLionHeart

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Tubehax DNS or you need to block specific IPs from the router. Tubehax's probably better though, because Nintendo's update servers change all the damn time. :P

Btw, what firmware are you on now?
My disk went me to 5.2.0E and i wait for my yashi copy (Europe) to go to 5.3.2E
but if there is a game with a firmware higher than that do i need to update to play this game?

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I never said that, but thanks for telling me! I'll update that post now. :P

The person responsible for the exploit has livestreamed him updating to 5.5.1 and running his work successfully. He even showed his Browser version to assure everyone that it's real.

You worded it badly then.

Edit:

Anyway there is speculation that this web browser update is a version that looks for how hackers are executing/jumping code.

...."it's a trap!"...

Though it might not be and it could be pure speculation.

Last edited by KiiWii,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    meaning unlike dbfz a weaker character like nappa wouldn't stand a chance against someone stronger like broly
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    aaalllright then, i guess i should hit the hay
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People are complaining about flying in it I'm like wut that's half of what it is
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Surprise surprise, @HiradeGirl is back today
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright @SylverReZ you win, lets go double or nothing.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    good morning
    +2
  • O @ Olqase93:
    Hi, I need help whit my r4 r4itt new please
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    🛌 Shhhhhhh
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    homebrew your DSi and forgo the flashcard with NDS bootstrap or something along those lines
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    it allows utilisation of the SD card for ROM storage
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Get a 3DS and do the same 🥰
    Nah. Just get a 3rd [3000 series] gen PSP.
    +2
    I like PSP on my Pi lol
    Gameboy Advanced SP emulator or GASP for short lol
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Finally got an appointment with an ENT, but it's not for another month. It's already been 4- days of loud ringing in my left ear, substantial pain on left side of my neck and left side on the back of my head. Doctors here at the regular clinic put me on a couple different meds for a month that did absolutely nothing, then they told me there's nothing more they can do for me despite being in pain and my ear sounding like im underwater and ringing.
    Then three chiropractor appointments which also didn't help at all so i didn't go to the 4th. Been trying to get ahold of this ENT clinic out of town for a week and finally got an appointment set up. But its not til the 17th of July so I have to suffer all this shit for nearly another month.
    I hope relief from all of this is on the way because I've felt so defeated and severaly lacking in sleep because of the pain and ringing.
    :sad::sad::sad: for RCS
    @RedColoredStars, Vegas nerve compression?
    Sometimes caused by spinal fluid buildup in that area
    Can't wait for someone to add ray tracing and that kind of stuff lol
    @Psionic Roshambo No idea. Clinic put me on Prednisose for 5 days, then Augmentin for 10 days, then Prednisone for another 15 days. When that was done and there was absolutely no change, I went to the chiropractor. Had three appointments where he cracked my neck and spine. No change so i didn't go back to the 4th appointment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: @Psionic Roshambo No idea. Clinic put me on Prednisose for 5 days, then Augmentin for 10 days...