FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Frequently we share whatever deals we managed to find on games, game hardware and such like and while those are great then the deals that were missed are also often amusing.

To that end what gaming related thing did you see/hear of but either due to not being fast enough, not having the cash at the time (be it "probably should eat instead" or "I need to go to a cash point") or simple neglect did you miss out on? Most recent, most annoying, "I eventually got another but it took ages and was very expensive" or possibly even "I wish I had known at the time how hard it would be to source ? years down the line" are all in play.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I've experienced quite a few myself, but most recently I missed out on a C64 bundle that included:
2x C64s, both working (one which looked like brand spanking new) with power supplies.
3x C64 floppy drives, 1 boxed, 1 knockoff brand, and one legit.
1x monitor (not sure which anymore, listing has since been deleted).
And a box of misc cables, floppy disks and such.

All for about $150, which is insanely cheap for all that stuff right now. Unfortunately I must've sent the email to the guy selling it too late, as I never got a response and the listing was deleted :(

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Me: *gets up from chair*
Me: *nervous, crossed arms* hi...my name is Taleweaver
Group: hello, Taleweaver
Me: *somewhat hesitant, scratching elbows* I...I am a gamer. And like you all, I was a sucker for deals.
Group: *nods in agreement*
Me: I...i TELL myself I should back down. "I've got enough games", I tell me. "That's very reminiscent of a game in my backlog". Similar things. Healing mantras. It's just that whenever I open steam...or GoG...the epic store...uplay...the google play store...
Group leader: can you please get to the point?
Me: y...yeah. So...I...I'm suffering from FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out). It started with a subscription on a site. Then another. and now I'm subscribed to a list that lists all discounts. -25%...-30%...
Me: *mentally breaks down*
Me: There...there was a game discounted at -50%! I shouldn't have bought it. I've got my girlfriend to feed. And a dog. But nonetheless...I considered buying it! At -50%!
Group: hear, h...
Me: NO! Wait! The thing is...I did. I did buy it. And I planned on playing it someday too! But...Just two months later...EPIC GAVE IT AWAY!!! The full -100%! And I hadn't even bought it then! I...I actually missed out. I lost money that day that I could have saved!!!! :cry::cry:
Group: *quiet*
Group leader: erm...this is the self help group "deals you missed out on". You want the group "Too much sales going on". That one's down the hall.
Me: ...oh. Sorry. :blush:
Me: *quietly leaves thread*

Reactions: Alexander1970

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do one of mine I suppose.

I like puzzle games and card games on computers. They do however have to be good ones and there is an awful lot of absolute dross out there.
Telegames on the GBA (and eventually the DS) did a wonderful series.

Cash convertors in the UK had a nice boxed GBA version of Ultimate Card Games for £5.99 or something. Not having too much money at the time I neglected it for a long time as I could not particularly justify it (did not have much money at the time for frivolities) and lost out. Worse is I am not sure there ever was a European version, or if there was it was likely only available from their site.

Did miss out on a PSP for £10 the other week as well but there will always be more of those, though mind you if batteries are going to be puffy then that is a different matter.

As far as downloadable game deals then I would both say 50% usually signifies something impending and also I can't say I have ever been enthused by such a thing, though as I treat such things unless they are DRM free as glorified rentals then that probably changes things a bit for me.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
(Premise: nowadays I buy pretty much everything exclusively at CeX)

I could have saved 5 to 20 € here and there by buying things at different times (prices on Gamecubes, Xboxes, and PSPs slightly climbed compared to the past year or two);
PSP cameras aren't frequently stocked but being semi-hard sells I did manage to grab one for a low single digit price;
no such luck for the PS3 TV tuner (which I didn't even know was sold in Europe until I saw it)

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
All the Tesco/Asda/whatever supermarket cheap deals that are posted online.

Doesn't matter what it is, always miss out as the ones around here never ever have them. Cheap hdds, games, controllers, you name it, local ones don't have it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SMG4 @ SMG4: hi