Not open for further replies.

TheDuck1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Pixl should just shut his project down
Well they kind of did, all the shops are semi-closed for new people.
Are you by any chance a shop mod too ?
Post automatically merged:

Sorry, the #0 rule is just normal common sense.
But many people loose that when interacting in online communities.
The problem is that the rule 0 only works if the moderators also have normal common sense too.

Last edited by TheDuck1234,
Reactions: mathew77

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
If pixl is the person I think they are. Then yes, they are part or a shop that had to close the doors.

Reactions: Lumince

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It really is the case.
Did you fingerprint your nsp files? Prove it.

It is your opinion that they are power tripping mods.
And many, many others, including some people posted above. Of course with your analogy, "No is has to be alt accounts"

If you really want to go this route, let's stick to the facts:

- Shops require pro membership to access
- To get pro membership you need to upload missing dumps/eshop cards

Explain to me, how it is not "pay for piracy".

That's my real problem with shops, they claim to care about "preservation" meanwhile setting up paywalls to their content, and host their stuff on questionable locations (used to be google drive for education, now idk whatever onedrive/google account they are exploiting). Don't tell me you are hosting them on AWS/GCP/Azure, one DMCA notice from nintendo and it's gone, talking about preservation.. And setting up a discord server? Gone in seconds if nintendo decides to to something about it, except they are too busy hunting down fan projects.

If whomever behind those shop decide to release their "own dumps" like other scene groups, I wouldn't said a single word about it and download quietly from torrent sites/release sites/usenet. Instead those shops are asking users to submit missing dumps and release as their own, claiming to care about preservation meanwhile nothing they do is about preservation. And power tripping mods only makes things worse.

that1pixl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you really want to go this route, let's stick to the facts:

- Shops require pro membership to access
oh boy. wants to stick to facts, first "fact" is provable false (i am talking about Pixel not Teknik)
Pixel closed access to all new members. you can't "buy" your way in.

- To get pro membership you need to upload missing dumps/eshop cards

Explain to me, how it is not "pay for piracy".
explain to me how it is "pay for piracy". The main goal of the dumping group behind it all is preservation, not piracy. So of course, if you go ahead and make the effort of acquiring a missing game or DLC, you get a reward in some way for that. This "some way" is pro access.

And setting up a discord server? Gone in seconds if nintendo decides to to something about it
So you think Nintendo does not know about the Discords? Or do you think they are just nice people (haha, sorry could not hold back here) and they don't take any action because they don't want to?
If you would have read my previous post and the reddit comment, you would have seen that I am not happy with DIscord.

If whomever behind those shop decide to release their "own dumps" like other scene groups, I wouldn't said a single word about it and download quietly from torrent sites/release sites/usenet. Instead those shops are asking users to submit missing dumps and release as their own
Then why the hell are you still talking? The still missing content is actually close to unobtainable. Real talk: I think you just are mis/uninformed about the current situation, and that's why you are jumping to the wrong conclusions. 99% of all Games in the shop have been dumped by said group, and are not user contributions. But the group can only get games that are actually available in the first place. Not a single Game that released in the last couple months had been dumped by users, but by the group. I actually encourage you to go to the list of missing content and look up the stuff that is asked there. You won't easily find it, i can gurantee you that.

Reactions: Henx

iamamitten

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pixl should just shut his project down, it's clear he isn't wanted, and we have @randy_w to carry the shop scene with his 5 TB NAS!
Post automatically merged:

Interesting how someone was able to get one this weekend, that was missing for over 3 years.
what was "gotten" that was missing?

RatchetRussian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see the point of shops. Not only do you waste time with slow download and install speeds, but you also waste time finding a new shop every month when the last one gets shut down.

Seriously what's wrong with just using Google and DBI?

that1pixl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't see the point of shops. Not only do you waste time with slow download and install speeds, but you also waste time finding a new shop every month when the last one gets shut down.

Mostly convenience.

Also Pixel Shop was open for 8 months to the public, and if you were a member before, you still have access...

But yeah, torrent and co are obviously good alternatives too.

Reactions: ohman

[Truth]

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

I don't see the point of wasting my time with Google, when Pixel has been working for over half a year completely for free, on multiple consoles and maxing out my internet connection. 🤷

that1pixl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
what was "gotten" that was missing?
A three year old game, that was available for less than two hours on the shop.
Cooking Mama Cookstar

And before anyone complains "BuT iT wAs AvAiLabLe AlReAdy"... while you are right, it was either the XCI or a converted NSP
not the original eshop NSP.

Reactions: cearp and ohman

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They've the same Title ID, and they're totally equal.
They are not equal. The NSP has a valid signature. While the converted nsp doesnt and that could also mean people modified the data to be malicious. Having the actual eshop dump makes it safer for people to install it. Instead of installing a converted nsp that could be compromised.

ohman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
They've the same Title ID, and they're totally equal.
That's actually not true, but besides the point, anyway. @hippy dave said that nobody could get ANY of the missed content last week, and some just got one. And there are many DLCS and other Base games (with no XCI) that were missing and people sent in recently to get pro shop access.

But I guess we can just wait for @randy_w to give us access to his NAS instead of relying on these shops that have been up for years (in spite of what @RatchetRussian wants you to believe--I'm not aware of the twelve shops, or even any shop, going down these past twelve months).

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Last edited by linuxares,

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Of course! If you just care about the game, it's perfectly fine! But for people that develops for example Emulators. It's better with a clean nsp/xci to make better emulation.

• Love

ohman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
@ohman, @Lumince
We play the games, not the signatures:
Personally, I'm not going to play this game at all. The point is preserving the eShop, since we know it is going to go away (and in this game's case, went away over 3 years ago). Unfortunately, most websites/trackers don't care about preservation, and just want to get the latest hot game uploaded, in any format, even a corrupt dump, just to get that ad revenue or cash donations for "hosting" their $2/month WordPress (or bot).

that1pixl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@mathew77
... how about you don't just stop reading after the first four words?

Also Linuxares got it switched around: Practically they are equal, as you can play the game with both a valid and an invalid signature. But technically they are not. And one of the most important security features is not present in converted NSPs: A valid file signature. As lumince pointed out: You cant actually be sure that the converted NSP is not malicious. AFAIK there was even a somewhat lengthy discussion if the converted file should be even put up in the first place, because the dumpers value valid sigs to a very high degree

TheDuck1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
But I guess we can just wait for @randy_w to give us access to his NAS
I think you misunderstod him. He is not making his own shop to compate or replace Pixel shop and he said 5tb of games not size of the nas. his point was that anybody should make their own shop and not relay on free shops. Like pixel shop just closed their doors because they are overrunned by too many people. Like im also making my own shop right now as a fun project and because it's convenient to use tinfoil with their titledb.

Also are you a shop mod too by any chance ?

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anybody should make their own shop and not relay on free shops
That's what I been saying since first post, people shouldn't rely on these shops. One DMCA notice from nintendo and it's all gone.

explain to me how it is "pay for piracy".
You expect someone to submit missing dump/eshop card, then release it as your own, and give the person access to pirated games? Good luck explaining that to a nintendo lawyer it's not "pay for piracy". Maybe it's not how pro works with your P shop, I haven't followed those shops for almost a year now, but it's definitely how it used to work with other ones.

And you still haven't answered my main concern: How is it "preservation" when everything is behind a paywall? How putting everything on a centralized platform that could be taken down any minute by nintendo "preservation"?

Deleted member 523475

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Guess what, I am. Looks like somebody don't know how to read, it's literally on the first page.
I think you misunderstood him. He was offering to help you make a shop that has a real user capacity, like Pixel shop. Anyone can plug a USB drive into their computer or router and have the exact same setup you have going.

Looks like Canon Dancer Osman was available through a couple of the shops back in February. And the scene release groups just posted it yesterday...? Quicker to just wait for the public shops and sites to have the files than waiting half a year for a scene "release". And check out the Killer_Frequency_READNFO from your screenshot today. The real scene groups that dump cartridges with proof instead of just posting releases downloaded off tinfoil shops are taking a "summer break"...
Sounds like you either missed my message (yet say others don't know how to read...) regarding the NFO from Killer_Frequency_READNFO_NSW-LiGHTFORCE, but you should also check out Super_Mega_Baseball_4_READNFO_NSW-SUXXORS and Witch_on_the_Holy_Night_READNFO_iNTERNAL_NSW-GANT before making any additional misinformed statements.

There seems to be a trend on gbatemp of users constantly "slinging shit" at community projects, and making unfounded claims, in spite of mountains of evidence against them that they seem to just close their eyes to and not read. Hopefully they will one day work on their own community projects instead of just trying to bring others down. Then maybe they will have a bit of an idea on what they are talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/9seCZUSS8zE?si=xMNkLYWrWl6kDH44