Status
Not open for further replies.

TunaKetchup

The Goose is Loose
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
The shops suck because they are trying to gatekeep piracy. There are homebrew ports that are exclusive to shops. Its fucking stupid and nobody should support that. They also have stupid rules for no reason other than giving a sense of power to the mods. Why the fuck would anyone want to waste their time with that?

"Muh you must have been banned" Nope. I have access to two shops and I only use them for exclusive content.

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well yeah, shops by themselves doesn't suck, what sucks are those power tripping mods on discord that ban people at their wish. Say anything mods don't like and you're banned.

Reactions: mathew77

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well yeah, shops by themselves doesn't suck, what sucks are those power tripping mods on discord that ban people at their wish. Say anything mods don't like and you're banned.
The only time mods in the shops ban people for "saying anything mods dont like" is when a bigot or an entitled prick says something bad. Sounds like you might have done such things.

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only time mods in the shops ban people for "saying anything mods dont like" is when a bigot or an entitled prick says something bad. Sounds like you might have done such things.
Sounds like you are one of those power tripping mods, bans people at their wish then acting all innocent.

I've seen people getting banned for:
asking why a game isn't in the shop
asking why a dlc is missing
questioning pro membership
questioning account verification
questioning key/device association
harmless jokes (asking for free pro)
asking mods why they ban someone

Not a single person got banned for legit reasons (spamming, doxxing, etc).
I'm still in both servers but they are muted forever. Nobody's interested in the drama queen battle royale going on in those servers 24/7.

[Truth]

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's exactly this entitled behavior you can see in this thread that gets shops closed to public and people banned lol.

None of these idiots understanding how much time it costs to maintain a project like this for free.

Also it's always nice to see when a community goes hard on toxicity. 😊👍

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use the shops, and never ever interact with anyone, because the mods in these shops do indeed "power trip". They're like Reddit moderators, lmao.

that1pixl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The shops suck because they are trying to gatekeep piracy. There are homebrew ports that are exclusive to shops.

They are not exclusive to the shops because they want to gate keep stuff, but because most homebrew porst are made by the shop owners. If you want to make them public, go on there, load the homebrews for yourself and upload to whatever file share site you want. Nobody is stopping you. But no, you like to keep sitting on you butt and complain about it, instead of doing somthing against it.

They also have stupid rules for no reason other than giving a sense of power to the mods.

Oh nice allegation. Or maybe you just don't know the reasons? How about that?
Post automatically merged:

asking why a game isn't in the shop
asking why a dlc is missing
this never happend. worst we do it giving you a timeout or kicking you. there is never a ban for asking this. but yes, it is infact against the rules to not read stuff.

questioning pro membership
i never heard of anyone questioning pro except the regular allegations of being about greed, which has been explained and disproved multiple times.

questioning account verification
what account verification? i actually dont know what you are talking about

questioning key/device association
that one also never has been givin a ban about. at least not on its own. in 99.999% of the times the user that "asked" about that was a dick. "THIS IS STUPID. DISABLE IT RIGHT NOW" - "no, why should we, live with it, or dont." - "<more angry ranting>" -> ban

harmless jokes (asking for free pro)
if that actually happend, we are sorry. but there is an appealment process, which is quite ez to use, sooo....

asking mods why they ban someone
because 99.99% of the time those are just alt accounts of the formerly banned user.

Not a single person got banned for legit reasons (spamming, doxxing, etc).
So bans because of rule violations are not legit?
We have rules. Just f** follow them. You are completly free to not use those free shops

You are free to open your own shop. I will even help you get it up and running. But guess what: You won't. Because you rather complain about stuff that is - in your opinion - running wild and out of hand, rather than doing something against it.

Last edited by that1pixl,

TheDuck1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Oh nice allegation. Or maybe you just don't know the reasons? How about that?
Their reason or rules does not matter really, it's their discord and they rules it with a iron fist, and
from what i have seen from the mods they make nintendo reaction to the the zelda leak seems chill and level headed in comparison

Wait ! "that1pixl" ! Are you that moderator of teknik that attacks anybody talking about pixel shop on reddit ?

The Shop mods are the worst ! look at that rant.

Last edited by TheDuck1234,

that1pixl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wait ! "that1pixl" ! Are you that moderator of teknik that attacks anybody talking about pixel shop on reddit ?

Well, i wound not say "attack", but yes. I try to correct some idiotic things some users say. For example that you have to pay for anything or whatever.

Their reason or rules does not matter really
Of course they do. What are you talking about? Unnesseccary rules and rules that are just there to hinder people, are plain stupid and should be trashed. But just because you don't know a reason does not mean the rule has no reason at all. So yes, it f** does matter if there is a reason. And yes, Pixel Shop does enforce those rules hard. You would too, if you would have to deal with all that bullshit every day. But people try to ignore the last part, because it doesnt affect them in general.

Reactions: ohman and [Truth]

that1pixl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
interesting, what kind of homebrew ports are there / what kind of exclusive content?
Most famous example is PIzza Tower, but there are also some H-Games ported by someone from the bird shop and one port from Pixel Shop owner. but i think all ports are also on the subreddit (as annoucements, not the files, duh.. :D )

But again, they are not "exlusive". You can just grab em and reupload them elsewhere if you want. Its mostly that those folks are too lazy to upload them elsewhere (which I get tbh. there is already a working delivery network - the shops - so why use something else)

TheDuck1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Of course they do
The rule 0 is pretty much "i can ban you for whatever reason i like", and since mods can't be called to reason their bans, they can pretty much make up anything they want. So i don't see why they should matter other when a lose guideline to avoid getting banned.

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We have rules. Just f** follow them.
lmao typical discord mod moment. Except those mods can make up any excuse and interpret them however they feel like.

Wait a second, you are a mod in those servers? Man this is gold, the fact that you just registered an account here to continue the drama...

Listen, I'm in many switch homebrew servers, and I know there are many, many others got banned in those two servers for stupid reasons other than I listed. Just scroll up a few pages, there are even several others got banned here. If you want to power trip and ban whoever you want, it's your server and do whatever you like, just don't act like all innocent and blaming the user for "violating rules".

Now, how would you respond to your "pay for piracy" model, as accused by several others in this thread?

You are free to open your own shop. I will even help you get it up and running. But guess what: You won't. Because you rather complain about stuff that is - in your opinion - running wild and out of hand, rather than doing something against it.
Guess what, I am. Looks like somebody don't know how to read, it's literally on the first page. I started my own tinfoil server last year because those discord servers are ran by attention whores. I've got around 5TB switch games on my NAS now and I'm sharing it with a dozen of friends using the domain of my personal website, reverse proxyed to my NAS server.

ohman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Now, how would you respond to your "pay for piracy" model, as accused by several others in this thread?
It says in the shop rules that if you offer to pay them for access, they will ban you. There's no way to send the shops cash. I am guessing everyone in this thread who complained about being banned had offered to pay for access, and were banned for it, unless @mathew77 wants to provide another explanation.

Are you going to expand your shop to the full Switch collection, plus add new updates within an hour of them coming out, and give hundreds of thousands of people access to it...like pixl does, and was so kind enough to offer you assistance with? Or are you just here to complain and start drama even though most of the dumps you are pulling from "scene" group topsites, torrents, or direct download websites originated from the shops? Are you trying to stifle preservation?

[Truth]

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The rule 0 is pretty much "i can ban you for whatever reason i like", and since mods can't be called to reason their bans, they can pretty much make up anything they want. So i don't see why they should matter other when a lose guideline to avoid getting banned.
Sorry, the #0 rule is just normal common sense.
But many people loose that when interacting in online communities.

Reactions: that1pixl and ohman

ohman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
It's exactly this entitled behavior you can see in this thread that gets shops closed to public and people banned lol.

None of these idiots understanding how much time it costs to maintain a project like this for free.

Also it's always nice to see when a community goes hard on toxicity. 😊👍
Pixl should just shut his project down, it's clear he isn't wanted, and we have @randy_w to carry the shop scene with his 5 TB NAS!

They've got a list of things that literally nobody else in the world has been able to acquire because they're unavailable.
Interesting how someone was able to get one this weekend, that was missing for over 3 years.

Last edited by ohman,

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It says in the shop rules that if you offer to pay them for access, they will ban you. There's no way to send the shops cash. I am guessing everyone in this thread who complained about being banned had offered to pay for access, and were banned for it, unless @mathew77 wants to provide another explanation.

Are you going to expand your shop to the full Switch collection, plus add new updates within an hour of them coming out, and give hundreds of thousands of people access to it...like pixl does, and was so kind enough to offer you assistance with? Or are you just here to complain and start drama even though most of the dumps you are pulling from "scene" group topsites, torrents, or direct download websites originated from the shops? Are you trying to stifle preservation?
Register as many new accounts as you like, you are just making a clown of yourself.

I just said people shouldn't use these shops and should set up their own if they really care about preservation, and those shops are ran by power tripping mods. Now suddenly there are 3 different accounts attacking me for.. stating the fact? Take your drama back to discord, we don't need it here. And if you can, just answer the simple question that has been asked many times in this thread: How is it "preservation" when you clearly set up a paywall for your content? And don't give me that "eshop gift card isn't money" bs, explain that to a nintendo lawyer.

Also, it's a known fact those servers are ran by power tripping mods, don't know why you are so obssessed with proving me wrong.

Also also, why did you say you'd like to help people setting up their own shop and after you realize some of us do keep private shops, you suddenly acting all butthurt?

most of the dumps you are pulling from "scene" group topsites, torrents, or direct download websites originated from the shops?
And I'm Chuck Norris.

that1pixl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Guess what, I am. Looks like somebody don't know how to read, it's literally on the first page. I started my own tinfoil server last year because those discord servers are ran by attention whores. I've got around 5TB switch games on my NAS now and I'm sharing it with a dozen of friends using the domain of my personal website, reverse proxyed to my NAS server.
Oh, congrats. But "you and a dozen friends" is not even close to 160k users. That is not boasting, but a simple statement of fact. You have to apply different policies for different sizes of Communities. We cant run those shops the same way you do. For example: Does your NAS support around 7-10GB/s peak traffic? Or at least 1-2GB/s continuously? No? Well, we have to. And we do this out of our own pockets. Also, where do you get your games from? Probably one of our dumps, if you are not directly pulling from ftp servers inside the scene. Even a lot of torrents are just re-"releases" of our dumps, and the scene is not fraudster free (Word of the day: BREWZ)

Register as many new accounts as you like, you are just making a clown of yourself.
Thats not me. I slept in and wasn't even awake when ohman made the first post.

I just said people shouldn't use these shops and should set up their own if they really care about preservation
You wont believe it, because it does not match your oppinion on those shops, but they are happy if others host their own shop. Espcially because Pixel Shop had to close its doors. The only problem with a bunch of local copies is: We don't need 20,000 local copies of TOTK or Mario Oddyssey, but rather 50 local copies of all games. Even those shitty shovel ware games nobody wants to play right now.

Now suddenly there are 3 different accounts attacking me for.. stating the fact?
Sorry, but this is just the Principal Skinner Meme... "Am I wrong on this? - No is has to be alt accounts brigarding me!"

ran by power tripping mods
It is your opinion that they are power tripping mods. I know some of them have a short fuse, but again: You would too, if you would have to deal with the same bullshit all day every day.

Also also, why did you say you'd like to help people setting up their own shop and after you realize some of us do keep private shops, you suddenly acting all butthurt?
It is nothing "I just realized"...
<sorry but that sub is a bit risky for us to allow to be linking to>

Very strange that I've got the exact same talking points, two months ago because people make the same claimes every now and then because they are butt hurt. I don't give a crap if you like me or if you don't. I just can't stand it if people try to slander the whole shop scene just because they are angry that they got punished for breaking the rules.
To paraphrase John Wick: "Rules and Consequences"

And I'm Chuck Norris.
It really is the case.

Last edited by linuxares,
Reactions: Lumince and [Truth]
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
  • Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham:
    Hehehe
    Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham: Hehehe