Not open for further replies.

Arrrchitects

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They arent "exploiting" google drives. They are PAYING for google drive storage out of their own pocket. Free unlimited drives died A LONG ASS time ago man. They cant exploit something like that without it having major issues now a days.

Define 'long ass time ago'. I was part of a community who hosted their files directly on Drive and the name of the drive was a community college in whatever fucking city. This was within the last 2 years at most. Either way I don't give a shit about it, I'd still use it if I could. The point is some definitely are exploiting Drive or using some other less than ethical methods, which I'm fine with...I don't pay for games or software a majority of the time, but don't act like they don't do it. If they engage in one less than ethical activity why wouldn't they engage in another?

Tomato123

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Define 'long ass time ago'. I was part of a community who hosted their files directly on Drive and the name of the drive was a community college in whatever fucking city. This was within the last 2 years at most. Either way I don't give a shit about it, I'd still use it if I could. The point is some definitely are exploiting Drive or using some other less than ethical methods, which I'm fine with...I don't pay for games or software a majority of the time, but don't act like they don't do it. If they engage in one less than ethical activity why wouldn't they engage in another?
That was the standard a while ago due to Drives for education and such having very little restrictions. But Google/Nintendo started targeting them and it wasn't sustainable to keep using that. So many switched to hosting files in different methods such as renting servers. The requirements to donate dumps mostly comes from trying to keep Nintendo away from anything they can report to get taken down. Pretty much all shops at this point are ran with this requirement and it unfortunately drives out the main reason to use them, piracy.

You are better off just using certain websites to get dumps nowadays as no requirement to donate anything and hosting a private tinfoil repo for installing the games/updates from is easy enough if you don't/can't do it over USB and so want to use a network connection for it.

Arrrchitects

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was the standard a while ago due to Drives for education and such having very little restrictions. But Google/Nintendo started targeting them and it wasn't sustainable to keep using that. So many switched to hosting files in different methods such as renting servers. The requirements to donate dumps mostly comes from trying to keep Nintendo away from anything they can report to get taken down. Pretty much all shops at this point are ran with this requirement and it unfortunately drives out the main reason to use them, piracy.

You are better off just using certain websites to get dumps nowadays as no requirement to donate anything and hosting a private tinfoil repo for installing the games/updates from is easy enough if you don't/can't do it over USB and so want to use a network connection for it.

Oh yeah, I have my go-to site that I pop on every few days to see what's released and all that. I can see that going downhill in the future as all the file hosters that used to kick ass are now throttled to high hell and they seem to stick to the shittiest ones.

Tomato123

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh yeah, I have my go-to site that I pop on every few days to see what's released and all that. I can see that going downhill in the future as all the file hosters that used to kick ass are now throttled to high hell and they seem to stick to the shittiest ones.
You can use a service like real debrid and link it into jDownloader. Doesn't cost much and lets you use premium account speeds on a lot of those hosts.

Arrrchitects

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had actually been considering real debrid for some time now and even possibly rapidgator.

Deleted member 523475

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
When I said pay, I meant like the donation thing for eshop thing to become pro for day one access to games. By the way can anyone really be sure no money goes to shops, think about this, even though I can’t say any shops ever did this for sure, you could basically go online yourself download the game from some rom site and just add it to your shop. I don’t think this 100% of the time because usually donations are eshop codes from what I read.
I don't see any shops asking you to pay with eshop codes, I only see dumps requested in any. And the shops have rules against offering money, although I guess you can ask them if they would accept any to be sure.
rom sites don't have games until a few days or weeks after shops have them up, and the files on the sites say they were downloaded from a tinfoil shop.
Google killed unlimited college storage over a year ago, and most edus were killed (cleaned up their drives) much earlier. You must have been lucky if you still had a college drive surviving even 2 years ago. And of course the shops pay for all their games/servers/hosting. The only reason you don't have to pay is because someone else did, for you.

You can use a service like real debrid and link it into jDownloader. Doesn't cost much and lets you use premium account speeds on a lot of those hosts.
Don't pay for piracy services.

Reactions: ohman

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Many people don't care about morals or where/who the money actually goes to.
If you can pay a fraction of the true price, it's still a bonus. Free isn't always most convenient for all.

I know someone who 'pirates' magazines, pdfs.
Their choices:
1. Get an official subscription to the magazines, maybe $5 a month each.
2. Download/pirate from an upload site, need to pay $5 a month or wait 45 minutes to download, once a day or some limit.
3. Get an account at realdebrid or whatever is similar that act as a proxy for premium upload sites, $4 a month.

1 is most convenient but expensive
2 is free but inconvenient (have to wait)
3 is paid but pretty easy

Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The first day I used any of those shops, my console got instantly banned. And I had been SOOO careful up to that point.

Never again.
Yeah, after all if you're connected to the internet, you risk a console ban because you're installing NSP files.

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
The thing I liked about those shops was that they told me when there was an update or dlc released for x video game that I had. Is there a way to get that again, if the shops close down?
I think there's a couple of homebrew that scan your library for updates. I could never be bothered to get them running myself personally

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see any shops asking you to pay with eshop codes, I only see dumps requested in any. And the shops have rules against offering money, although I guess you can ask them if they would accept any to be sure.
rom sites don't have games until a few days or weeks after shops have them up, and the files on the sites say they were downloaded from a tinfoil shop.

Google killed unlimited college storage over a year ago, and most edus were killed (cleaned up their drives) much earlier. You must have been lucky if you still had a college drive surviving even 2 years ago. And of course the shops pay for all their games/servers/hosting. The only reason you don't have to pay is because someone else did, for you.

Does anyone read the whole post, yeah I get my first sentence to my first post sounded like they ask for money. Go look at your discord channels, they literally ask for eshop codes in a donation tab or missing dumps whatever you want to call it. Yeah they’re not forcing anyone to pay. I still stand by what I say though I’m not 100% sure they really use every donation/eshop code for the shops, it is mentioned to use auction sites and what not to get the codes. Again anyone could just go to a rom site to get the rom and add it to the shop. For pro users that could get this stuff day one, how do you know if that day one rom was downloaded that day for you from a rom site. Again not 100% sure this is what goes on from from former or current shop channel’s. Donate me your shop codes so I can resell online, not saying they do that but the thought of it is there.Yeah admit I use their shop channel for updates and maybe a random game I wasn’t aware of.

• Haha

Deleted member 523475

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Does anyone read the whole post, yeah I get my first sentence to my first post sounded like they ask for money. Go look at your discord channels, they literally ask for eshop codes in a donation tab or missing dumps whatever you want to call it. Yeah they’re not forcing anyone to pay. I still stand by what I say though I’m not 100% sure they really use every donation/eshop code for the shops, it is mentioned to use auction sites and what not to get the codes. Again anyone could just go to a rom site to get the rom and add it to the shop. For pro users that could get this stuff day one, how do you know if that day one rom was downloaded that day for you from a rom site. Again not 100% sure this is what goes on from from former or current shop channel’s. Donate me your shop codes so I can resell online, not saying they do that but the thought of it is there.Yeah admit I use their shop channel for updates and maybe a random game I wasn’t aware of.
The only eshop codes that they are asking for, are redeem codes for missing DLCs. And every time someone sends one in...the file (which isn't on any rom site) shows up on the shops. You are in the channels, you can see for yourself when files are added, and check on rom sites, you can see what date and time they are uploaded to rom sites or posted by a "scene" group. It's always on the rom sites much later.

Reactions: ohman and Lumince

TheDuck1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
The thing I liked about those shops was that they told me when there was an update or dlc released for x video game that I had. Is there a way to get that again, if the shops close down?
That is Tinfoil doing that with their titledatabase and it's pretty neet. Why i use Tinfoil for my games install.

Qeality

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I use Jdownloader2 along with Mullvad if speeds get throttled. 1fichier used to be fast as hell for me but as of late has had terrible speeds, for me anyway, capping at 100kb/s. It could be something on my end but when using PixelDrain I get much faster speeds. Unfortunately not too many releases for Switch get hosted there, at least not that I've noticed.
1F has been shit for me also. Having better luck with torrenting.

Reactions: mathew77

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1F has been shit for me also. Having better luck with torrenting.
1fichier is still the fastest host for me, although speed is highly throttled (about 4MB/s compared with 50-60MB/s when they temporarily removed restrictions earlier this year). Megaup/hexupload is also pretty fast.

I'm thinking about buying one of those premium traffic packages, 1.5TB traffic for about $30 sounds like a great deal.

1688506484423.png

• Haha

TheDuck1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
1fichier is still the fastest host for me, although speed is highly throttled (about 4MB/s compared with 50-60MB/s when they temporarily removed restrictions earlier this year). Megaup/hexupload is also pretty fast.

I'm thinking about buying one of those premium traffic packages, 1.5TB traffic for about $30 sounds like a great deal.
Got the 5 euro for 1 month just for the download speed, it's pretty nice since Im just hosting all the games myself.
I have been hording all the games i can find and think is worth downloading and im at 2tb right now.
now that i setup Jdownloader to download for me when im at sleep or at work it has been going really fast since i started one week ago. im kind of addicted to see my game library in tinfoil getting bigger and bigger.

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Poke the boner lol. +1