GT501

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi guys,

I am glad that I found such a great community while being along time a read only participant :)

I have a little problem with a Switch V2 and maybe you could help me here:

I had two switches on my desk and accidently swapped their EMMCs and tried to boot one console (without chip). I only saw a black screen. After looking for the failure I recognized on photos that the EMMCs were swapped....Then I swapped the EMMCs back to stock, but same.. black screen.
Now I have a installed a chip successfully, was able to backup the keys, ... but now can only boot into SysCFW and emuCFW. When trying to boot OFW, I see the same black screen.

What has happened? Is there a way how I can fix this issue? It would not be that mess if not, but it would be great if it fully works as expected.

Thank you in advance!
GT501

GT501

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi,

I am not able to boot into hekate with a discharged battery. The only solution is to unplug the battery on the mainboard, replug it, and then boot the console. Then I see hekate which is telling me a level of I.e. 2%. When I then plug in a charger it charges without problems.

Can it be the case that charging only works with OFW?!

Thank you 🙂

stetofix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
A) If you change emmc from one to another Switch with different firmware versions and try to start ofw, the higher firmware version of the emmc will lead to burning fusese on the Switch to match the emmc firmware.
After this if you put the original emmc back, there is a firmware mismatch and the Switch will not boot to ofw.

So: NEVER change emmcs and try to boot to ofw!
(Unless you know what you are doing and have knowledge about the firmware versions of the emmcs/Switch board)

You have to update your console (via ChoiDujour Daybreak) at least to the actual fuses count matching firmware.

B) If a Switch is running /standby /sleep mode in cfw and the battery gets very low to the point where it couldn't start without charging the battery first: The Switch will not charge with the original 15V charger.

Use a 5V only source to (very) slow charge your Switch, till the battery reaches 2.7V and the Switch starts and show the battery icon. Than you can switch to the original 15V charger.

In the battery range 2.7V - 4.2V the charging works, no matter if ofw or cfw

Last edited by stetofix,
  • Love
Reactions: impeeza and GT501

GT501

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you very much!

So I have checked the fuses in hekate and it tells me the following

Burnt fuses (ODM 7/6): 19 - 0 (HOS: 17.0.0+)

The CFW is on 17.0.1

stetofix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you very much!

So I have checked the fuses in hekate and it tells me the following

Burnt fuses (ODM 7/6): 19 - 0 (HOS: 17.0.0+)

The CFW is on 17.0.1

If you want to be able to boot in ofw. ofw have to be at 17.0.1.

Reactions: GT501

GT501

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you both!

I still have a little question.
The SysNand and emunand are both on 17.0.1. The OFW is on 17.0.0 (seen by the hekate fuse info screen), correct?

Do I need to “update” or better saying “downgrade” the sysnand to 17.0.0 now or how can I upgrade the OFW to 17.0.1? Simply download 17.0.1 files and update via Daybreak?

stetofix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hekate shows on the fuse count what the firmware version should be on the emmc. Your Switch fuse count = 19. It means firmware 17.x.x. is expected as OFW.
My guess here from your story with the swapped emmcs, the OFW on the original emmc is on 16.x.x or lower.

Reactions: jkyoho and GT501

GT501

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Okay I got it.
So even Sysnand is already on 17.0.1 I can run a firmware update via Daybreak to 17.0.1 and this would upgrade the stock emmc?

ThaddeusShaw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem probably happened because the software inside the console got messed up when the memory cards were swapped. Fixing this might not be easy. The software on the memory card might be broken or not working well with the console's hardware.

stetofix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The problem probably happened because the software inside the console got messed up when the memory cards were swapped. Fixing this might not be easy. The software on the memory card might be broken or not working well with the console's hardware.

This problem happend because the emmc had a higher firmware version than the board which the emmc was swapped to.

A Switch has a protection against firmware downgrade. Every update on ofw leads to an defined numbers of burnt fuses.
At the start sequence the system checks, if the emmc firmware and the corresponding number of burnt fuses count are matching.
If it isn't matching, the system will not start.
If the detected firmware on the emmc is higher than the corresponding number of burnt fuses, the Switch will burn fuses.

At changing back to the original emmc, the burnt fuses count doesn't match anymore.

The only way (from my knowledge so far) to solve this issue, is to bypass ofw and update the firmware on the emmc via cfw. If the updated emmc data now matches the burnt fuses count, the Switch will boot again.

Again: NEVER swap emmcs and try to boot to ofw!

ThaddeusShaw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a good idea not to switch eMMCs between different game consoles. If you do need to swap, make sure the new eMMC's software version is the same or lower than what your console is set up for. This helps avoid issues.
Messing with your console like this can be risky. It might cancel your warranty or even break your console if it's not done right.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: ye